Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys I been on the job about 3 months now and just got my call from sanitation.... I don't no what to do lol what job would you take ???

Transit. Every guy I know on DSNY is physically disabled or are off and on. Broken ankles, slipped discs etc etc. You move up the seniority chain qui cker with transit. Not to mention u are picking up garbage everyday over and over....I mean we kinda do too lol but its different. Plus we make more.

Hey guys I been on the job about 3 months now and just got my call from sanitation.... I don't no what to do lol what job would you take ???

Transit. Every guy I know on DSNY is physically disabled or are off and on. Broken ankles, slipped discs etc etc. You move up the seniority chain qui cker with transit. Not to mention u are picking up garbage everyday over and over....I mean we kinda do too lol but its different. Plus we make more.

The choice is yours. But if it was up to me. I would stick with transit unless you're into heavy lifting and hand on hand work. I do agree with @guiness316. I have a friend who works for DSNY and he says the same thing about injuries and etc. 

to take the physical part of sanitation? I just got the letter myself to take the physical but there is no guarantee with that, if that's the case take the physical for it and take each job into consideration on what would be a better move for you

But that is if and I say if they reach up to your list number

Hey, everything went great. I start training on the 12th. i came in @ 7:06am and was out around 2. 

Congrats, not only for passing the medical, but also for making good time in and out of 180 Livingston Street!!

thank you! I'm a little nervous for the training even though i have my cdl for many years now but i guess it is what is!

If you are nervous, I would recommend looking at the documents I posted in post #3038, page 304 of this topic. The instructor I was with let us a borrow a booklet with valuable information to help us get through training. The documents I posted consist of this, including the interior/exterior pre-trip checklist, which I would recommend you memorize.

(For all others reading - I do plan on posting this in the B/O 4600 thread once people from that list start getting called.)

While I was going through training, one of the senior B/O's mentioned something to me, which I am disappointed I did not take advantage of: mirrors, mirrors, mirrors!! (Since they want you to constantly check them every 3 to 5 seconds.)

What does the medical consist of?

Several things - a nurse checking your weight, height, blood pressure, hearing, EKG, sugar, etc. Afterwards, a Doctor will talk to you then examine you more closely, which includes checking your breathing, and simple movements of the legs, neck, etc.

What does the medical consist of?

it consists of more paperwork, a survey on their computer about your past(y/n questions) and health history,  a hearing test, they take your blood pressure and weight, then they take your urine for sugar, blood and other things not drug related that may indicate health issues, then they do the EKG and finally you do your vision test. once thats done you see their doctor he listens to your lungs, makes you stand on one leg/then the other, he makes you squat, walk on your toes/heals, checks your throat and decides wether your qualified or not. you take the paperwork back to the front counters and you do your interview, take your photos for your id/ and you do fingerprints and photo again. then your done. they give you your pension packet, life insurance documents and a whole bunch of other paperwork for the union and they tell you when to report.

oh ok. That's good to hear. I hope it goes smooth for me too.

I'm sure it will. if your healthy, and you don't have anything to hold you back then theirs no reason for it to be any other way.

If you are nervous, I would recommend looking at the documents I posted in post #3038, page 304 of this topic. The instructor I was with let us a borrow a booklet with valuable information to help us get through training. The documents I posted consist of this, including the interior/exterior pre-trip checklist, which I would recommend you memorize.

(For all others reading - I do plan on posting this in the B/O 4600 thread once people from that list start getting called.)

While I was going through training, one of the senior B/O's mentioned something to me, which I am disappointed I did not take advantage of: mirrors, mirrors, mirrors!! (Since they want you to constantly check them every 3 to 5 seconds.)

Several things - a nurse checking your weight, height, blood pressure, hearing, EKG, sugar, etc. Afterwards, a Doctor will talk to you then examine you more closely, which includes checking your breathing, and simple movements of the legs, neck, etc.

thank you youngNYCsubwayfan! how do i find that post #3038? 

Archived