NJT proposals/ideas thread 2012-2013

Well if this "tap 'n' go" program works well in Hudson County, they should expand it to all the routes.

In Hudson County, I wish that NJT would consider putting TVM's at Bergenline & 31th Street in Union City.... Maybe the good folks who live there will purchase monthly passes and not hold up the buses with paying cash!

There are outdoor TVM's at the 34st HBLR and elsewhere so it could work!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your proposal to connect phillipsburg to the Morristown line is a bad one. I guess you aren't aware of the reopening of the Cut-Off that will bring service to PA (giving funding is available to extend it past MOS 2). Plus it will add more passengers on both the Morris & Essex and Montclair-Booton lines. So that's a no go

There has been a proposal to extend the RVL to Phillipsburg but no funding is secure to study the idea

Nope it is NJT's originally it is to separate the monclair and morristown abilities and travel markets

Nope it is NJT's originally it is to separate the monclair and morristown abilities and travel markets

Where is your source for that? Last time i checked the Morristown line is not being extended, instead refurbished. I mapped the rail line at Phillipsburg and sure there is a freight line that goes to the Morristown & Montclair but another line is on the RVL. Look it up

Where is your source for that? Last time i checked the Morristown line is not being extended, instead refurbished. I mapped the rail line at Phillipsburg and sure there is a freight line that goes to the Morristown & Montclair but another line is on the RVL. Look it up

I can find the studies but it will take time but I remember maybe from I-78 study.

I can find the studies but it will take time but I remember maybe from I-78 study.

Hmmm OK. But i honestly think its pointless to extend the Morristown line to that area. The RVL is the natural option (history of the line, the CRRNJ, plus the logo of the RVL pays tribute to it)

Hmmm OK. But i honestly think its pointless to extend the Morristown line to that area. The RVL is the natural option (history of the line, the CRRNJ, plus the logo of the RVL pays tribute to it)

true it may be easier to turn it into a light rail linking it to the main line for scranton once the cutoff is complete. That may be the efficient way to do it. Edited by qjtransitmaster

true it may be easier to turn it into a light rail linking it to the main line for scranton once the cutoff is complete. That may be the efficient way to do it.

Sounds good, but people might want their one way seat to NYC/Newark/Hoboken over the light rail idea.

Sounds good, but people might want their one way seat to NYC/Newark/Hoboken over the light rail idea.

I meant for the phillipsburgh to hackettstown then lake hopatcong corridor transfer for rail service to NY or scranton or newark. In dover I expect NY bound folks to use the bus while people heading to other places use the train. Edited by qjtransitmaster

New plan to restructure NWNJ service first extend 194 to port jervis via rte 23 most trips. Then reroute CUSA PA shortline service via NJ from milford then via rte 15 & 206 to replace 967 then stops at rockaway mall then exp to interpace pkwy to business parks and parsippany to PABT it is closed door in morris county beyond rockaway mall. Drop off only NY bound Pickup only PA bound. Ridership may increase and travel time will decrease for PA pike county commuters.

Plus a weak line gets restored indirectly at the same time. Morris later.

Oh where to begin, where to begin?

New plan to restructure NWNJ service first extend 194 to port jervis via rte 23 most trips.

Not gonna happen. The fact is people should be happy that the ridership is good enough to maintain the 194 going to Newfoundland and196/197 going all the way Warwick. I talked to a Wayne supervisor a couple of months ago @ Willowbrook. Those 3 lines are pain in the asses when the weather is bad or if a bus gets disabled out there. Between ShortLine and Metro North, Port Jervis is well covered.....it has the amount of service that that it can support.

Then reroute CUSA PA shortline service via NJ from milford then via rte 15 & 206 to replace 967 then stops at rockaway mall then exp to interpace pkwy to business parks and parsippany to PABT it is closed door in morris county beyond rockaway mall. Drop off only NY bound Pickup only PA bound. Ridership may increase and travel time will decrease for PA pike county commuters.

You have alot of plans considering NJT can't tell ShortLine jack about what to do with the X-84-PA because NJT has nothing to do with that line. In this great plan what do you do with the people that come down outta Hawley and Honesdale.....there are alot of commuters that come out of there. Also those buses are unofficially "helper" buses for Orange County. If say a Monroe bus goes over and the PA bus has room it will swing in to pick people up and vice versa in the PM. Again you are just throwing things out there when you have no idea how some of these systems work. Not everything is gonna be a quick or "express" ride.

I admit under those conditions port jervis has it good hehe. I will tell you more later.

Oh where to begin, where to begin?

Not gonna happen. The fact is people should be happy that the ridership is good enough to maintain the 194 going to Newfoundland and196/197 going all the way Warwick. I talked to a Wayne supervisor a couple of months ago @ Willowbrook. Those 3 lines are pain in the asses when the weather is bad or if a bus gets disabled out there. Between ShortLine and Metro North, Port Jervis is well covered.....it has the amount of service that that it can support.

You have alot of plans considering NJT can't tell ShortLine jack about what to do with the X-84-PA because NJT has nothing to do with that line. In this great plan what do you do with the people that come down outta Hawley and Honesdale.....there are alot of commuters that come out of there. Also those buses are unofficially "helper" buses for Orange County. If say a Monroe bus goes over and the PA bus has room it will swing in to pick people up and vice versa in the PM. Again you are just throwing things out there when you have no idea how some of these systems work. Not everything is gonna be a quick or "express" ride.

Interesting I had a feeling they did that. The idea was to streamline the PA buses through a more direct travel path to speed up service for hawley and honesdale commuters to NY and give an option for PA to NJ commuters as well at the same time.

194 extension may increase ridership. Plus a New scranton CUSA line that links at milford to port jervis and middletown. Replaces parts of middletown small system removing the useless town system that is not as dependable as shortline. However at rush hour trips can extend beyond middletown and interline with rte 17 to NYC service. It would be a simple suggestion that may benefit CUSA ohh that via NJ change doesn't apply on weekends.

194 however I am not surprised as sussex people along 23 are more numerous than one would think.

194's change and extension is enabled by NJT gobbling up and doing away with sussex transit thus allowing 194 and LL to use the garage in sussex county reducing or eliminating the DHs reducing dead mileage making service cheaper to operate out there and at the same time gaining sussex transit patrons thus serving more people at once with fewer buses and equipment with service levels on 194 staying or LL upgrading to 90 min service off peak. Fewer vehicles means fewer total miles and fuel and maintenance it adds up actually. Yes NJT funds sussex transit's fixed routes and more. As well as shuttles.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

I admit under those conditions port jervis has it good hehe. I will tell you more later.Interesting I had a feeling they did that. The idea was to streamline the PA buses through a more direct travel path to speed up service for hawley and honesdale commuters to NY and give an option for PA to NJ commuters as well at the same time.

I don't know how much more streamlined it can get. For the most part the commuter specials run express from Port Jervis. Again they also help out coming down through Orange and Bergen counties when those buses go over. And there are no PA to NJ commuters because again the buses go express.

Plus a New scranton CUSA line that links at milford to port jervis and middletown. Replaces parts of middletown small system removing the useless town system that is not as dependable as shortline. However at rush hour trips can extend beyond middletown and interline with rte 17 to NYC service. It would be a simple suggestion that may benefit CUSA ohh that via NJ change doesn't apply on weekends.

What is the point of sending buses all the way to Scranton. For a a couple more people. You would have to find more buses and drivers, something that ShortLine is short both. Then you have to worry about hours of service and what do you do if a driver has to book sick or a bus shits the bed out there? Scranton is well covered by Martz, ShortLine has enough problems covering what they have now.

194 extension may increase ridership

194 however I am not surprised as sussex people along 23 are more numerous than one would think.

194's change and extension is enabled by NJT gobbling up and doing away with sussex transit thus allowing 194 and LL to use the garage in sussex county reducing or eliminating the DHs reducing dead mileage making service cheaper to operate out there and at the same time gaining sussex transit patrons thus serving more people at once with fewer buses and equipment with service levels on 194 staying or LL upgrading to 90 min service off peak. Fewer vehicles means fewer total miles and fuel and maintenance it adds up actually. Yes NJT funds sussex transit's fixed routes and more. As well as shuttles.

With every extension comes more costs. Sussex Transit may be funded by NJT but it doesn't mean they will take it over. Again I don't see them bringing Sussex Transit employees up to NJT pay and benifits just to extend the 194, which may not be sucessful. Plus the longer a line is the less reliable it is.....the full 197 is a bitch to run ontime, most Wayne operators start running behind between Warwick and Willowbrook.

I don't know how much more streamlined it can get. For the most part the commuter specials run express from Port Jervis. Again they also help out coming down through Orange and Bergen counties when those buses go over. And there are no PA to NJ commuters because again the buses go express.

What is the point of sending buses all the way to Scranton. For a a couple more people. You would have to find more buses and drivers, something that ShortLine is short both. Then you have to worry about hours of service and what do you do if a driver has to book sick or a bus shits the bed out there? Scranton is well covered by Martz, ShortLine has enough problems covering what they have now.

With every extension comes more costs. Sussex Transit may be funded by NJT but it doesn't mean they will take it over. Again I don't see them bringing Sussex Transit employees up to NJT pay and benifits just to extend the 194, which may not be sucessful. Plus the longer a line is the less reliable it is.....the full 197 is a bitch to run ontime, most Wayne operators start running behind between Warwick and Willowbrook.

That may be due to the long DH the garage means the 194's DH is cut down the garage there would reduce the DH allowing it to be more reliable as the run time can be adjusted. In addition with LL covering the rest 194 doesn't have to do much it allows NJT to cover more area with less personnel that plus the MPG for the vehicles and the maintenance on fewer buses allows NJT to merge ridership bases while using less lines to do more. One more thing 194 links to the transit center with timed links to trains at rush you now enable newark and other commuters onto 194. Again with a simple line. NJT may not need sussex transit at all afterwards. The factors are more than just the drivers it is like this 1 bus and 1 driver now do the work of 2 separate entities. LL already covers the rest of sussex transit only 90 min like 3 or 4 trips extended would be needed and since the 1 line links more areas the ridership is equal to combined ridership of merged lines plus new ridership in between which is the only unknown.

Point 1) The travel path through NJ sussex and morris may be a more direct route to NYC and at the same time with few stops that will likely not change travel time or even at worst case eliminate time savings by a few mins or seconds. And still now replace displaced 967 riders without making the line slow and may draw new riders travelling between PA and parsippany,NJ and most likely still cut travel time to NYC over the bergen county/orange routing travel path.

Point 2) It is for a new market to cater to folks going from hudson valley to scranton and folks travelling the I-84 corridor so mostly it is not catered to PA to NYC directly however if rush hour buses are overcrowded then these buses at rush hour only will extend to help out or interline and turn into a NY service.

Question is not enough buses the reason why OWL/LI a.k.a I-287/I-495 service levels are the way they are? or poor stop locations in LI being a huge turn off to potential riders?

Point 1) The travel path through NJ sussex and morris may be a more direct route to NYC and at the same time with few stops that will likely not change travel time or even at worst case eliminate time savings by a few mins or seconds. And still now replace displaced 967 riders without making the line slow and may draw new riders travelling between PA and parsippany,NJ and most likely still cut travel time to NYC over the bergen county/orange routing travel path.

I kinda understand what you are trying to do but I don't see them doing that. ShortLine service area is up and down Rt. 17. I'm not sure of the history behind the PA route but I don't see them expanding too far out of that niche. Back in the late 90s they tried running Middletown-Newburgh-Danbury and had no luck finding riders.

Question is not enough buses the reason why OWL/LI a.k.a I-287/I-495 service levels are the way they are? or poor stop locations in LI being a huge turn off to potential riders?

The OWL is funded by the NYDOT....the service levels you see is proportional to the funding ShortLine gets. To be honest the buses should not be starting/ending in Middletown because they are practiaclly empty past the Central Valley P/R however it makes sense from an operational standpoint. There is plenty of parking for the buses in Middletown....there is barely enough room in Monroe,Chester or Goshen for whats there and having the bus come out of Newburgh would cause people from those towns to xfer at Central Valley possibly causing delays in service.

The X-495 truly should be a Friday/Sunday schedule as it's only really carries when the college kids travel back and forth. However I do think there that ShortLine is getting some kind of subsidy for running that line. The locations of the stops on LI are IMO, poor. I think they could do a better job in respect to that, lots of people see the buses come and go but don't know exactly where they stop. Unless you are a regular it's hard getting info. They could do a better job advertising their service out there and possibly run a LI-NYC schedule.

I kinda understand what you are trying to do but I don't see them doing that. ShortLine service area is up and down Rt. 17. I'm not sure of the history behind the PA route but I don't see them expanding too far out of that niche. Back in the late 90s they tried running Middletown-Newburgh-Danbury and had no luck finding riders.

I see I think it had too few stops PM me where it stopped to be honest I doubt it can make a full comeback unless it's intercity to hartford,CT. To be honest people seeking orange county from danbury should transfer at 376 /merrit blvd jct should danbury-brewster extend to poughkeepsie with newburgh beacon going to link at hopewell. However rte 9 traffic may prove me wrong. What was it's schedule like?

The OWL is funded by the NYDOT....the service levels you see is proportional to the funding ShortLine gets. To be honest the buses should not be starting/ending in Middletown because they are practiaclly empty past the Central Valley P/R however it makes sense from an operational standpoint. There is plenty of parking for the buses in Middletown....there is barely enough room in Monroe,Chester or Goshen for whats there and having the bus come out of Newburgh would cause people from those towns to xfer at Central Valley possibly causing delays in service.

The X-495 truly should be a Friday/Sunday schedule as it's only really carries when the college kids travel back and forth. However I do think there that ShortLine is getting some kind of subsidy for running that line. The locations of the stops on LI are IMO, poor. I think they could do a better job in respect to that, lots of people see the buses come and go but don't know exactly where they stop. Unless you are a regular it's hard getting info. They could do a better job advertising their service out there and possibly run a LI-NYC schedule.

Where should X-495 stop? My idea for it is these stops it will stop at these locations: Also X-495 becomes a megabus branded service to improve marketing and lure riders with cheap fares.
  • Mineola intermodal center

• jericho quad

• I-495 @ rte 110 off peak reverse AM LI bound via business parks in millville. To NYU LI center ect.

• hauppage county offices

• ronkonkoma LIRR (reverse only) and end at yaphank county offices(reverse only)

• Other times at P&R lots.

I am aware SL is mostly rte 17 actually many local rural operators take money away from shortline in western NY west of binghamton tioga T-tran duplicates SL and money would be better used to improve SL service out there than waste small buses tryna do SL's job. It is rampant in stuben county taking revenue away from trailways and SL crippling intercity frequency with these rural local wannabe buses that go pretty much nowhere and aren't linking major points of interest.

I-84 service to danbury alone was a mistake it needed to link rte 9 and IBM in hopewell jct to draw riders and run at rush hr. Plus it was unleashed at a bad time before stewart airport became popular. Middletown transit is like a plague to orange county the only buses that need to run in orange county is Shortline and lepprechaun and that bus that serves many jews. Shortline would be more efficient in running local service in middletown which can add OWL ridership.

PM me what you think should be the new stops for X-495 LI route. This is an NJT forum.

Sorry guys back with NJT

To improve ridership these lines will change

451 loses camden service due to redundancy goes from haddonfield PATCO via haddonfield rd to pennsahuken serving many business parks there. It's schedule will adjust to match shift times at the worksites there. Those for camden use PATCO like most people already do.

450 watch ridership habits along crosstown part of route then change accordingly.

504 gets the axe parts east go to rerouted 509 or 502 reroute. The other parts south of the terminal = rerouted 509 or 507 this eliminates duplication of 505. Details on AC streamlining later.

Long distance lines 317X will travel via rte 130 then willingboro then express via NJTP to jackson P&R transfers to a toms river line from there that originates from trenton. Another line to freehold as well links there the 317X next stop howell P&R for 139 then wall monmouth service center for academy replaces parts of 830 en rte to asbury park. The line is split with howell and newton ave and neptune veolia to reduce DH time.

middlesex lords very soon.

605 replaces 600 between quaker bridge mall and TTC via US 1 gains extra rush service merges with 611. Extends north to bedminster via US 206 so SCOOT peak gets axed due to merger with 605. Links with RVL and 114&117. @ rush with 114(short turn reverse) may go via I-78 to summit via business parks that are served by 986.

986 Run with trans bridge or devour HART for garage space 986 unleashed you choose

Option 1: merge with former 980 killing DH time. 605 will go to business parks by lucent bell labs (rush hour only) via rte 22 Those for bedminster transfer to 114.

Option 2: extend via rte 22 and 202 to flemington forcing 605 to stay put.

Option 3 :restructure 117 to time with 986 and 605 but go to summit medical group then express via I78 to NYC. add more service to it. Streamline select 114X trips to compensate 117.

• 2 weeks later...

Long distance lines 317X will travel via rte 130 then willingboro then express via NJTP to jackson P&R transfers to a toms river line from there that originates from trenton. Another line to freehold as well links there the 317X next stop howell P&R for 139 then wall monmouth service center for academy replaces parts of 830 en rte to asbury park. The line is split with howell and newton ave and neptune veolia to reduce DH time.

I agree, the 317 needs to be split, but not with Veolia. They don't have MCIs and I doubt people will want to sit on a NABI for 4 hours.

I agree, the 317 needs to be split, but not with Veolia. They don't have MCIs and I doubt people will want to sit on a NABI for 4 hours.

Hehe that is why veolia will be given MCIs and some Designline cruisers To allow for my true plan to take hold. Let Veolia split lines with academy on 835&834 for my true plan to take affect. And others as well. Like 831/837 in phase 1 to allow more with less. Phase 1B creates express lines. 818 merges with 831&837 via rte 18 express additional rush service to time with NEC trains and amtrak. Many trips will stay on rte 18 and kill small part of M3 en rte to kill 831/837.

Trust me 317 will NOT be 4 hours when I am done with it. Earlier 317X was gonna be 2 hours run time at the most.

However I came up with a better plan. Enhance 417 to run all day every 30 mins off peak then select runs kill B1 to whiting and end or just end at B1's terminal at prudential lakes. 90 min select trips of 417 replace 317 en rte to lakewood terminal replacing 317 routing from mt holly to lakewood. Then 317 rerouted to monmouth rd from mt holly towards I-195 express via monmouth service plaza then asbury park to seaview shopping center beyond asbury park. Total 317 run time cut in HALF!!!!!

new ridership habits will determine if 317 gets service levels changed. IF ridership increases service becomes every 40 or 60 mins. Initially it becomes hourly alternating with 413 on rte 38 west of the mall. However if ridership increases it will become based on demand. But service via fort dix will remain bihourly since only military guys can go there anyway. With every other trip.

Select 139's get changed at rush hr 130 extends via 67's route to brick after recovery to mantaloking. off peak some 63 trips as 63 gets full time with SI stop at CSI serves 440 corridor in NJ speeding up service within hudson along 440 corridor unlike slow shopper bus. New 60 via 67's routing at off peak on 549 but skips 549 at rush hr.

Hehe that is why veolia will be given MCIs and some Designline cruisers To allow for my true plan to take hold.

Veolia drives only Transit buses. I doubt any of those drivers are gonna get used to driving those D4500s when they primarily drive 35' and 40' buses.

New 60 via 67's routing at off peak on 549 but skips 549 at rush hr.

No need to create another route, just add some 67 trips that skip 549. Howell has enough buses to do that. If you want to use the 60 for something, have it go from Union Beach to Weehawken or Exchange Place in Jersey City via Route 35. Route 35 needs another bus line on it besides the 817 & 131. This route should have a pilot run to see how many passengers board along NJ-35 and in Union Beach, but before that NJT should send out letters to residents of Union Beach, Cliffwood, Laurence Harbor, and Sayreville to let them know of this new route.

Edited by Transitkid4608

Veolia drives only Transit buses. I doubt any of those drivers are gonna get used to driving those D4500s when they primarily drive 35' and 40' buses.

No need to create another route, just add some 67 trips that skip 549. Howell has enough buses to do that. If you want to use the 60 for something, have it go from Union Beach to Weehawken or Exchange Place in Jersey City via Route 35. Route 35 needs another bus line on it besides the 817 & 131. This route should have a pilot run to see how many passengers board along NJ-35 and in Union Beach, but before that NJT should send out letters to residents of Union Beach, Cliffwood, Laurence Harbor, and Sayreville to let them know of this new route.

Yeah about that NJT was actually going to go through with the 60 but academy killed it. The 60 is meant as a GSP LTD express so yes it will in fact absorb 67's ocean county routing as more rte 9 service zaps its remaining relevance. It was intended to replace 67X and even kill 67 according to a friend at NJT. As bi hourly lines are useless before the rte 9 corridor. But I understand your stance but rte 35 line if it goes to that part of hudson I'd have it stop in SI at victory blvd @rte 440 and CSI then express to hudson cty. To give it a another trip generator.

As a part of phase 1 veolia drivers will be trained to handle cruiser buses as well as morris drivers(more on that later shhh) Then phase 2 activates merging some lines with others example 818 +831+837 via rte 18 express. 613+836 via rte 130 and 33 that route may stay with NABI transit IDK. 317 move is meant to eliminate DH mileage completely. Asbury park is near neptune 3 min drive. And 317 newton is right there in camden.

South Jersey ideas:

450/ Regular route from WRTC to Mt. Ephraim & Rt. 130, then via Rt. 130, Nicholson Rd [to serve unserved W. Collngswood Heights] then back on it's regular route to Rt. 70 and Garden State Blvd, turn into the shopping Center roadway [prefer the one closest to the stores], turn left at Wegmans go to Town Center Dr. Right on Town Center Dr, Left on Haddonfield Rd to Cherry Hill Mall.

451/ Shorten route at Haddonfield PATCO, Run via Haddon Ave, Rt. 130, N.Park Dr, Colonial Hwy, Browning Rd, N. Park Dr, Rt. 130, Haddon Ave, Ferry Ave to Ferry Ave PATCO, then to Camden using the 453 routing. [Merging the 451 with the 453].

452/ Start at the 36th St RiverLINE station, follow regular route to 27th and Westfield Ave, then Westfield, 34th, Lemuel Ave, 36th St into the 36th St Station. This would be a complete loop with 36th St RL Station as starting and finishing point. Clockwise trips would be labeled as 452, counterclockwise trips labeled as 454.

455 / Terminate route at Haddonfield PATCO. Route is way too long [Cherry Hill Mall to Paulsboro] Sunday service extended to Haddonfield [currently Deptford Mall-Paulsboro]. Haddonfield-Cherry Hill [with extension to Pennsauken] route would be route 465- Extend this route up Haddonfield Rd, Rt. 73, River Road, and Derousse Ave to the Pennsauken Transit Center RL/ACRL station. This route would take a more direct route [Kings Hwy, Grove St which becomes Haddonfield Rd at Rt. 70] to CH Mall - drop low ridership routing thru Kingston Estates.

456 / Mall Link. this route will link Deptford Mall, Voorhees TC, Cherry Hill Mall, and Moorestown Mall. Major roads would be, from Deptford go up Clements Bridge, Evesham, turn at Burnt Mill [going into Ashland PATCO], Laurel Rd, Echelon Rd, Haddonfield-Berlin Rd , loop thru Haddonfield PATCO, Kings Hwy, Chapel Ave, Cooper Landing Rd, Rt. 38, Haddonfield Rd, Go into CH Mall, Church Rd, then follow current 457 route into Moorestown Mall.

NEW 457/ Start at Gloucester City [drop Camden-Gloucester route except for pull ins and pull outs], Market St, Kings Hwy to Lenola Rd, turn south on Lenola to Moorestown Mall, from Moorestown Mall loop around using Nixon Dr, RT. 38, then back on Lenola Rd, Cinnaminson Ave to Palmyra RiverLINE station. Leaving Palmyra, bus would loop on Cinnaminson Ave, Temple Blvd, Main Harbor, and back on Cinnaminson Ave back to Moorestown and Gloucester.

451, 455, 456. 457 woud work on a timed-transfer basis at Haddonfield PATCO.

NEW 458 / Start at Lindenwold PATCO, White Horse Rd, Evesham Rd, Kresson Rd, Rt. 73 to the new Virtua Hospital Campus.

459/ Merge with 463 Bring 7 day a week service to Washington Twp.

469 / Woodcrest PATCO - Pennsville. Starting at Woodcrest, via I-295 to Broad St, then Broad St, Delaware Ave, then follow 402 to

Pennsville.

What do you think of these ideas? Since I live in the South Jersey area the route descriptions are more detailed than most ideas.

Ideas on interstate routes will come in a few days.

Edited by MarkD329

why 469? is demand high there?

453 eliminated replaced by SEPTA 68 extension to ferry ave PATCO new crosshonoring on limited scale NJT pass works on 68 but you pay more to philly. SEPTA pass plus extra to enter NJ except anywhere pass.

451 drop haddon ave segment I been to that area plenty of times those people are not interested in a bus that ends in camden they will always use PATCO. 453 not worth it from NJT perspective. Let 451 go to pensahauken instead via haddonfield ave. 455 not so sure people use it past haddonfield.

but rte 35 line if it goes to that part of hudson I'd have it stop in SI at victory blvd @rte 440 and CSI then express to hudson cty. To give it a another trip generator.

The 60 will be an intrastate express route. It's first stop is going to be Journal Square when it gets to Hudson County and the next stop when it leaves Sayreville. If you want a bus that runs like the 60 to serve SI, then make a new route that ends in SI and call it the 360 or another available route number.

As a part of phase 1 veolia drivers will be trained to handle cruiser buses

Before you do that, you gotta hire more drivers to do those routes now that you got more buses available.

317 move is meant to eliminate DH mileage completely. Asbury park is near neptune 3 min drive. And 317 newton is right there in camden.

And Howell isn't far from Lakewood. If you want to shorten some 317 trips, have them start at Lakewood so the DH from Howell doesn't seem like too long of a drive.

Lol.... but virtually no one really rides the 317 from asbury to philly..... Lakewood is pretty much a midpoint (although it's not the middle of the route, but you get the idea) for the route's riderbase....

The 60 will be an intrastate express route. It's first stop is going to be Journal Square when it gets to Hudson County and the next stop when it leaves Sayreville. If you want a bus that runs like the 60 to serve SI, then make a new route that ends in SI and call it the 360 or another available route number.

No need this garners more ridership cause going through SI skips heavy parts of meandering through NJTP to GSP even with the stop it's express to MAJOR transfer point in SI then takes people from SI to central NJ AND HUDSON TO SI on the same line it will bring in more revenue than just having 2 routes have 1. The line will have the 69 designation. 60 will NOT go to SI and will go to newark airport and newark like 67 but is super express via GSP with stops at P&R but at rush hr skips many stops super express between cheesequake and old bridge to brick P&R then toms river. Makes additional stops in monmouth county during weekends and off-peak midday and PM northbound other times use academy parkway express service and 549 service at AM rush (both directions) and PM southbound.

Before you do that, you gotta hire more drivers to do those routes now that you got more buses available.Not a problem new 317 via monmouth rd and I-195 to asbury park will cut total run time of 317 in half to just a little over 2 hours. So Splitting with veolia becomes the logical move here stopping at jackson P&R and monmouth P&R en rte to there. Ridership will increase thus allowing more service in the longer term.

Limited trips will still serve fort dix but via a faster routing. This new 317 will have a 2 hour run time instead of 4 hours one way.

And Howell isn't far from Lakewood. If you want to shorten some 317 trips, have them start at Lakewood so the DH from Howell doesn't seem like too long of a drive Dude restructuring 417 allows 317's lakewood part gotto 417 due to 30 min service on 417 between mt holly and philly select 90 min trips replace 317 between mt holly and lakewood thus being split with howell and newton.

Replies in color Edited by qjtransitmaster