NJT proposals/ideas thread 2012-2013

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I should have explained it further , what would a left right sheet for the route look like, what streets/roads highways would the route take?

Don’t know, I think the 77T would follow the 25 to Newark and then run express to the Mall, the 77 would follow the 41 to Newark and then run express.

58 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Don’t know, I think the 77T would follow the 25 to Newark and then run express to the Mall, the 77 would follow the 41 to Newark and then run express.

I see what you are doing following the 25 and the 42 to Newark penn but it will have to the buses would have to load on the Raymond bus lanes of Penn, then it would have to turn back to Raymond Blvd right on 21 to bridge st to turn onto the 280 ramp then take 280 to 95 then 95 to exit 16w for American dream mall.

Now coming back your left right would be depart ad bus stop straight onto 95 then to exit 15w for 280 then 280 to exit 15 onto 21 to turn right onto Raymond Blvd then Raymond Blvd to stand at bus lanes then  25 and 41 routes.

Also what would be your service hours and frequencies?  

Every single time I take the #71 to West Caldwell (Essex "Mall"), it's the same shit after everybody tanks out at Essex Green (me being the only person left on the thing, with no further passenger activity to be spoken of).... It's as if the b/o was flooring it, full on knowing I was going to the last stop... From Essex Mall itself, the #29 & the #71 tend to be used interchangeably either between [Essex Mall & Caldwell] or between [Essex Mall & (downtown) Newark]... That interchangeability tends to not be reciprocated from the Newark end, with folks gunning for #29's.... That is just too much mileage/fuel to be consistently pissing away like that....

Let DeCamp have Eagle Rock av. & run the #21 to Essex Green already.... Have the #41 run up to Mississippi Loop in its place.

4 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I see what you are doing following the 25 and the 42 to Newark penn but it will have to the buses would have to load on the Raymond bus lanes of Penn, then it would have to turn back to Raymond Blvd right on 21 to bridge st to turn onto the 280 ramp then take 280 to 95 then 95 to exit 16w for American dream mall.

Now coming back your left right would be depart ad bus stop straight onto 95 then to exit 15w for 280 then 280 to exit 15 onto 21 to turn right onto Raymond Blvd then Raymond Blvd to stand at bus lanes then  25 and 41 routes.

Well the problem is, the 77 to Orange would duplicate 1 of One Buses routes…

22 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

New Routes:

77: Orange to American Dream Mall via Newark-Penn Station.

77T: Irvington to American Dream Mall via Newark-Penn Station.

Opens a bunch of new routing possibilities to access the mall from Newark, Orange and Irvington. Thoughts?

Yeah, you know what else it opens up? A clientele that I'm not so certain owners of that mall wants... It's not by accident that they opted to link Secaucus to that mall before Newark.....

In saying that, I don't necessarily disagree with connecting Newark to that mall though... Irvington and Orange to that mall with 2 separate routes is overkill...

7 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I should have explained it further , what would a left right sheet for the route look like, what streets/roads highways would the route take?

5 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

What's this "left right" stuff all of a sudden.... Sound like a jackleg military sergeant with that... Which one of those goofy facebook groups you be perusing, got people referencing the routing of a bus in that fashion?

6 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Well the problem is, the 77 to Orange would duplicate 1 of One Buses routes…

So it's alright to parallel current NJT routes en route to the mall, but god forbid it parallels a ONE route.....

Edited by B35 via Church

15 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Yeah, you know what else it opens up? A clientele that I'm not so certain owners of that mall wants... It's not by accident that they opted to link Secaucus to that mall before Newark.....

In saying that, I don't necessarily disagree with connecting Newark to that mall though... Irvington and Orange to that mall with 2 separate routes is overkill...

What's this "left right" stuff all of a sudden.... Sound like a jackleg military sergeant with that... Which one of those goofy facebook groups you be perusing, got people referencing the routing of a bus in that fashion?

So it's alright to parallel current NJT routes en route to the mall, but god forbid it parallels a ONE route.....

Lmao regarding the left right jargon I guess that's what happens when you hang out with bus drivers and have one in the family lol 

Also I see your point regarding the route I can agree about making them meet the bus at Newark Penn and my left right sheet for the route from Penn stands I guess 

And what is the problem with the one bus? 

23 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Lmao regarding the left right jargon I guess that's what happens when you hang out with bus drivers and have one in the family lol 

Also I see your point regarding the route I can agree about making them meet the bus at Newark Penn and my left right sheet for the route from Penn stands I guess 

Hell if I know.... Lol.... You'd have to ask him....

I'd guess something along the lines of (some trepidation of) destructive competition or something....

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

So it’s ok to have the 85/703 there but anyone says Newark and they put a stop to it?

and that’s because ONE bus is stingy with their corridors. NJT can try to run a bus there and ONE will throw a fit.

59 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

So it’s ok to have the 85/703 there but anyone says Newark and they put a stop to it?

I'm not defending not having buses from Newark run there, so you can miss me with the premise of this question.... Go ask the mall owners that shit.

and that’s because ONE bus is stingy with their corridors. NJT can try to run a bus there and ONE will throw a fit.

Well let em throw a fit; comes with the territory (double entendre unintended)...

2 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Hell if I know.... Lol.... You'd have to ask him....

I'd guess something along the lines of (some trepidation of) destructive competition or something....

@BreeddekalbL Hell of a guess, huh....  Lol.

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

I'm not defending not having buses from Newark run there, so you can miss me with the premise of this question.... Go ask the mall owners that shit.

Well let em throw a fit; comes with the territory (double entendre unintended)...

@BreeddekalbL Hell of a guess, huh....  Lol.

No disrespect intended bruh. I just find it funny how it's a selective narrative (from their POV).

If anything, having a new bus that goes to Newark only brings in more employees.

Speaking of, is the 353/356 no longer coming back? I hear they want the 85 to stop at Secaucus Junction now.

random proposal split the perth amboy branch off the 48 and make it's own route the 49 ( can interchange it with woodbridge branch if someone wants too) 

purpose: for the perth amboy customers not have to be tied up with the woodbridge branch meaning that they dont have to wait for 3 woodbridge buses to 1 perth amboy bus  ( or change it vice versa 3 perth amboy buses to 1 woodbridge bus)

21 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

random proposal split the perth amboy branch off the 48 and make it's own route the 49 ( can interchange it with woodbridge branch if someone wants too) 

purpose: for the perth amboy customers not have to be tied up with the woodbridge branch meaning that they dont have to wait for 3 woodbridge buses to 1 perth amboy bus  ( or change it vice versa 3 perth amboy buses to 1 woodbridge bus)

There are the Perth Amboy trips that don't serve Woodbridge at all.  Splitting a route that was split off from another one really is not a smart move

On 2/27/2022 at 4:55 PM, B35 via Church said:

So just end the route in Newark? How about having it go up Kearny and Arlington and then across 120? Or just have it be an express?

On 2/27/2022 at 10:34 PM, Lawrence St said:

...Speaking of, is the 353/356 no longer coming back? I hear they want the 85 to stop at Secaucus Junction now.

Don't know; haven't heard/read anything about either those 2 routes....

#85 to Secaucus Junction legit makes no sense.....

On 2/28/2022 at 3:59 PM, BreeddekalbL said:

random proposal split the perth amboy branch off the 48 and make it's own route the 49 (can interchange it with woodbridge branch if someone wants too) 

This just isn't true... Service to Perth Amboy throughout most of the day is hourly & so is service to Woodbridge Ctr.... Meaning, it's every other bus serving one of the branches, not 3 Woodbridge buses to 1 Perth Amboy bus....

On 3/1/2022 at 10:00 AM, Lawrence St said:

So just end the route in Newark? How about having it go up Kearny and Arlington and then across 120? Or just have it be an express?

Yeah, I'd just end it somewhere in Downtown Newark; doesn't necessarily have to be at Newark-Penn....

7 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Don't know; haven't heard/read anything about either those 2 routes....

#85 to Secaucus Junction legit makes no sense.....

This just isn't true... Service to Perth Amboy throughout most of the day is hourly & so is service to Woodbridge Ctr.... Meaning, it's every other bus serving one of the branches, not 3 Woodbridge buses to 1 Perth Amboy bus....

Yeah, I'd just end it somewhere in Downtown Newark; doesn't necessarily have to be at Newark-Penn....

Why not just extend the 78 and have it run most of the day to the mall....I mean if they want a Nwk-American Mall thats what i would do...  

5 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

Why not just extend the 78 and have it run most of the day to the mall....I mean if they want a Nwk-American Mall thats what i would do...  

Straighten that damn route anyways cause in Secaucus looking at it makes me want to puke 🤮 lol so many turns 

Hell I'd make the 77 be a nonstop bus from Newark Penn to American dream. 

The 77's service hours would be from 9 am to 11 pm every 45 minutes

Edited by BreeddekalbL

6 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

If not for completely restructuring that route (78), I'd say it'd (an American Dream-Newark route) have to be a separate service.... It would be a slap in the face to run straight from Newark to Harmon Meadow, to descend down to serving all that it does in commercial/industrial Secaucus, to eventually shoot back up towards American Dream....

• 2 weeks later...

TEANECK RD ROUTE RESTRUCTURE PROPOSAL:

Note: This is MY proposal and NOT an official proposal.

167: PABT to Harrington Park making stops in Union City.

167TX: Dumont-Chestnut Bend to PABT - Express Stops - Skips all stops between PABT & Teaneck Armory

167Q: PABT to New Milford via Queen Anne Road. (Operated by Oradell only).

177X: New Bridge Medical Center & New Milford to PABT - Express Stops - Skips all stops between PABT & Teaneck Armory.

187: Dumont-Chestnut Bend to GWB Terminal via Teaneck (Circle Driveway) and Route 4.

753: Cresskill/New Milford to Hackensack Bus Terminal.

772G: Paramus Bergen Town Center to American Dream via Hackensack Bus Terminal.

Thoughts?

On 3/13/2022 at 10:21 PM, Lawrence St said:

167TX: Dumont-Chestnut Bend to PABT - Express Stops - Skips all stops between PABT & Teaneck Armory

177X: New Bridge Medical Center & New Milford to PABT - Express Stops - Skips all stops between PABT & Teaneck Armory.

187: Dumont-Chestnut Bend to GWB Terminal via Teaneck (Circle Driveway) and Route 4.

Thoughts?

seems nice, i wonder what your ideas are on the 165

Since the word of the day is main Ave I have 2 proposals 

Before the idea of my 75 extension gets implemented how about extending the 13 n and c to the main Ave terminal from industry way 

Another proposal includes making the bus terminal into a 10-12 lane island style bus terminal

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 9:21 PM, Lawrence St said:

Thoughts?

The current routing of the 167Q for New Milford runs doesn't make any sense.  It should not loop back to Teaneck Rd via State St.  It should be re-routed to travel via Windsor Rd, New Bridge Rd and then Prospect Ave to Madison Ave New Milford following the old discontinued R&T/SRT 11C route.  Hundreds of passengers walk or drive to Washington Ave/Teaneck Rd from this corridor to get the 167/177 each day and there is already plenty of 167/177 service on Teaneck Rd and Washington Ave.  

• 4 weeks later...

I have a proposal on the 161

would it be worth it to just add a stop to the american dream mall and elimnate the 355? and im sure they will wack the 356 also .

purpose is to cut the "premium fare" on the 355 by eliminating the route and the 356 also and free up more buses 

going nb to patterson would exit at the interchange to the mall follow regular route like 85 to stand ,then head north on stand then head north on american dream way to turn right onto plaza M which becomes plaza K turn left onto N connection road bear right then turn left onto patterson plank road then turn right onto washington ave to proceed regular route .

to New york regular route to W peripheral road exit Right on W peripheral road to road D then turn right on road D then road D becomes E peripheral rd left at american drean way then bear left to stand, Head north On american drean way to turn right on plaza M then bear left to plaza L then turn left on road D to rt 120 on ramp then regular route.

On 3/20/2022 at 10:32 PM, BreeddekalbL said:

Since the word of the day is main Ave I have 2 proposals 

Before the idea of my 75 extension gets implemented, how about extending the 13 n and c to the main Ave terminal from industry way 

Ouch... I wouldn't bother extending the #13 to Passaic for any reason, let alone before opting to extend that proposed Newark Bus Study's route #75 northward... Although I still believe there to be *some* value with having buses remain running to Nutley, there is a significant dropoff in usage once you start getting deeper into Belleville....

If the ultimate idea behind extending the #13 to Passaic is to have an Irvington - Newark -  Passaic route, I'd say you're far better off having the #13 get truncated at the Big Tree Garage (like the Newark Bus Study proposes) & having an express route connect Paterson & Passaic to Newark proper (similar to, if not exactly how @checkmatechamp13 suggested a good while back)....

On 3/20/2022 at 10:32 PM, BreeddekalbL said:

Another proposal includes making the bus terminal into a 10-12 lane island style bus terminal

Newark-Penn & White Plains TransCenter has about half of that amount, and both occupy far more space than the immediate area around Passaic Bus Terminal.... The smallest terminal I can think of that also has about half of that amount, is Broadway bus terminal up in Paterson (and look how tiny those "islands" are inside there)... Of the many times I've been to that terminal, I cannot remember the last time a #72 entered into, or left from inside the bus terminal itself...

165th st terminal, Hempstead bus terminal, and Atlantic City bus terminal have more lanes, but they are not island style...

While I could agree that more space for buses & pax over there is somewhat warranted, 10-12 island style lanes for Passaic bus terminal is ridiculous....

On 5/3/2022 at 3:26 PM, BreeddekalbL said:

I have a proposal on the 161

would it be worth it to just add a stop to the american dream mall and elimnate the 355? and im sure they will wack the 356 also .

purpose is to cut the "premium fare" on the 355 by eliminating the route and the 356 also and free up more buses 

going nb to patterson would exit at the interchange to the mall follow regular route like 85 to stand ,then head north on stand then head north on american dream way to turn right onto plaza M which becomes plaza K turn left onto N connection road bear right then turn left onto patterson plank road then turn right onto washington ave to proceed regular route.

to New york regular route to W peripheral road exit Right on W peripheral road to road D then turn right on road D then road D becomes E peripheral rd left at american drean way then bear left to stand, Head north On american drean way to turn right on plaza M then bear left to plaza L then turn left on road D to rt 120 on ramp then regular route.

The apparent consensus is for the #161 to do so (and I get it, being that it's by far the more popular route), but I'd rather have the #160 supplant the #355... On top of the fact that it also operates in the general area, it could use the ridership boost more; kind of like how they got the off peak & weekend #115 helping out the #111 to/from Jersey Gardens (except of course, it wouldn't be helping out anything - as it would take on all of the current patronage the #355 garners)...