More MTAB Bus Stops being converted to Guide-A-Ride newer Poles

Lennyj17

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, a few days ago I went down to the Q72 bus stop & Junction & LIE, its got a schedule. I'm suprised to see the morning rush hour schedule, buses [are supposed to] come every 10 minutes. Usually they come every 15 or so and sometimes I will see 2 buses back to back.

That's good news that they are still continuing to put guide a rides on routes. I call the MTA not fair though because some of those routes got the boxes and then a couple weeks later the maps and schedules while the Q25,Q8,Q6,Q7 got them in June and July and they are still waiting for them. Does it really take that long to make the route maps and schedules. I also notice none of BP routes have them.

I guess BP won't have them since the Q111/Q113 combined pass every minute so that won't be really necessary. The Q2/Q110 are "Compatible" to each other and the Q112 probably will be the only BP route with Guide-A-Rides.

Q2 and Q110 compatible. What about the Q110 on Jamaica Ave and Q113 in The Rockaways. If the MTA placed the standard MTA signs on the stops with a sign on the phone every stop the the routes can have guide of rides but they don't. That's why we have to keep complaining for better service and stuff. If we don't the MTA is going to get away with things.

IMO the n31/n32 is there for intra-rockaway service as well, but if any BP route gets those sign, It wont be until a while. The Q110 on Jamaica Avenue on its western end has many alternatives, so I dont think it will get those, and the Q110 has the Q2 as a nearby alternative. Only part of the Q110 I see getting Guide-A-Ride is Jamaica Avenue east of 188 Street.

• 4 weeks later...

The Q38, Q53, Q50, Q11, Q21, and Q53 (EXCEPT FOR HOFFMAN DRIVE) has the Guide-A-Ride. I have no idea of when the map and schedules will be on the Guide-A-Ride boxes. Anyone know if the Q25 and Q8 have the map and schedules yet?

Nope have no clue the Q60 and Q64 now has Guide A rides but no map and schedule. The Q6, Q8 and Q25 might get schedules and maps in January because the Q25 and Q6 and Q8 schedule I think wasn't updated since Spring/ Summer. The thing I suggest is to complain to the MTA because that is the only way things get done.

• 4 months later...

All the routes that I know of with them are Q10,(not sure about the Q11/Q21) Q22,Q37,Q47,Q50,Q52,Q53,Q64,Q72 and I'm pretty sure most MTA bus express routes have them also.

Some routes like the Q6,Q8,Q9,Q25,Q34,Q38,Q66,Q110-Q113 should get them in April(Hopefully).

Archived