More MTAB Bus Stops being converted to Guide-A-Ride newer Poles

Lennyj17

On my way to Jamaica this morning , MTA maintenance was putting up maps and schedules on Guy Brew in the southbound direction. Northbound was not touched yet. Also, the Q22 have the maps and schedules up as well...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On my way to Jamaica this morning , MTA maintenance was putting up maps and schedules on Guy Brew in the southbound direction. Northbound was not touched yet. Also, the Q22 have the maps and schedules up as well...

Beat me to it.

IMG_20130412_150244.jpg

The Q41 is finally getting them! This was taken at Atlantic and 134th (my main stop). Now I hope the Q8 follows suit soon....

They have been on the Q41 for about 3 weeks. I still wonder what is taking the Q6,Q8,Q9,Q25,Q34,Q60,Q65,Q66 and Q112 so long to get them. Some have been waiting since 2012 summer not cool <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had the luxury of travelling around Queens yesterday and I have to say that the timetables on former private bus route stops are a very welcome development.

I do wish that the MTA and NYCDOT would prioritize placing stop timetables on routes that run relatively infrequently, at least on major intersections. That's where knowing the arrival times would really help (e.g.: Q104, which runs roughly 15 minutes peak and 30 minutes off peak).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to see more "Drop off only" signs for (MTA) Bus express buses like the QM5 and QM8 where there weren't signs before.

We pretty much have schedules at just about all of the stops here in Riverdale.  The Drop-Off only stops are in Manhattan but not at all stops in Riverdale.

I've had the luxury of travelling around Queens yesterday and I have to say that the timetables on former private bus route stops are a very welcome development.

I do wish that the MTA and NYCDOT would prioritize placing stop timetables on routes that run relatively infrequently, at least on major intersections. That's where knowing the arrival times would really help (e.g.: Q104, which runs roughly 15 minutes peak and 30 minutes off peak).

Q19 and Q49 has maps still no maps at Q33. I wonder if they would change the sign that are hanging on a pole or tree

Instead of complaining here COMPLAIN to the (MTA) on their website!! I don't know how many times I've said that.  You write to them and let them know and your e-mail will be forwarded to the DOT and they'll get to it.

Q19 and Q49 has maps still no maps at Q33. I wonder if they would change the sign that are hanging on a pole or tree

I've observed Q33 bus stops and Q47 with posted schedules and even the Q41 I've noticed how crappy their service really was I was like damn can you believe that the Q21 runs every 30 mins at off-peak times!!!!!! With Q11 also every 30 mins alternating for 15 min headways which is bare bones sort of.

We pretty much have schedules at just about all of the stops here in Riverdale.  The Drop-Off only stops are in Manhattan but not at all stops in Riverdale.

Instead of complaining here COMPLAIN to the (MTA) on their website!! I don't know how many times I've said that.  You write to them and let them know and your e-mail will be forwarded to the DOT and they'll get to it.

I really wanted to upvote this post yet I reached my quota.

There are some negatives to the Guide-A-Ride on MTA Buses

The major thing is that bus stop that dont have their own poles (like it's posted on a traffic light or a cable pole) dont get the guide-a-rides. Now this sucks because my particular bus stop on the Q47, both ways the signs are on a pole, so bascially I still have no guide-a-rides.

This is why those lollipop signs should have been up long time ago. I still have an issue with the timetables but that's another discussion

There are some negatives to the Guide-A-Ride on MTA Buses

The major thing is that bus stop that dont have their own poles (like it's posted on a traffic light or a cable pole) dont get the guide-a-rides. Now this sucks because my particular bus stop on the Q47, both ways the signs are on a pole, so bascially I still have no guide-a-rides.

Well the (MTA) or DOT did change some things. Some stop received their own pole or the lolipop style bus signs. The Q10 at Queens Blvd and Kew Gardens Rd received the lollipop style poles. I remember before guide a rides were not placed on stops that already had the lollipop sign but that recently changed as I see on the Q25/Q34 at Queens College.

I also noticed that the MTAB routes have different maps from NYCT. The routes are more bold and transfer points are small font. They dont have the approximate travel time from both terminals and LTD service is purple instead of the red found on NYCT routes. Another thing is on the schedules everything is in one color, no green, no red. Even though this doesn't really matter that much I noticed the routes have more turns which isn't on the paper schedules. The Q19 or Q64 is a great example of what I'm talking about.

I was told that ANY bus stop signs that are attached onto the light pole will NOT receive guide-a-rides. That would explain certain routes receiving the guide-a-rides and others have not.

Well the (MTA) or DOT did change some things. Some stop received their own pole or the lolipop style bus signs. The Q10 at Queens Blvd and Kew Gardens Rd received the lollipop style poles. I remember before guide a rides were not placed on stops that already had the lollipop sign but that recently changed as I see on the Q25/Q34 at Queens College.

I also noticed that the MTAB routes have different maps from NYCT. The routes are more bold and transfer points are small font. They dont have the approximate travel time from both terminals and LTD service is purple instead of the red found on NYCT routes. Another thing is on the schedules everything is in one color, no green, no red. Even though this doesn't really matter that much I noticed the routes have more turns which isn't on the paper schedules. The Q19 or Q64 is a great example of what I'm talking about.

That's because the Q74 shared that bus stop. Some MTA Bus routes have the lollipop style poles BUT I'm pretty sure that was due to the Q74 sharing the stop with the Q25 and Q34. Unless you meant going towards College Point/Whitestone.

Archived