Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

VWM

You should send your ideas, if you haven't already, to NICE and see what they say. Hopefully, you don't get some canned response like what they send most people:

listen.nicebus@veoliatransdev.com

Thank you for contacting NICE Bus. Please send us any questions you may have and we will forward them to the appropiate department for review.

We thank you for your loyalty and hope to see you on board in the future.

Kind Regards,

NICE Customer Care

I'm working on them as I type (which is why I'm as active as I am in this section of the forum today).....

I suppose I could send them in when it's all said & done.... But it's unlikely that they'd take in ideas of which are formed from a complete overhaul of the entire network seriously..... But then again, they *might* take in one or two or three of em & tweak it to their benefit, so who knows....

(For starters, I would look to eliminate having RFM as as major an xfer point that it currently is... RFM for Nassau county doesn't quite work out the same way Smith Haven does for Suffolk [not that it has to, but smith haven is the first mall I could think of that's a major xfer point])...

(And although I don't care for how pinepower put it (in regards to having to go through Hempstead to get to other parts of the county), to an extent, he's right.... But I wouldn't go apeshit into removing a bunch of routes from HTC either.... The terminal is & has been erected, so it may as well be put to use.....)

I would like to see more innovation out of veolia/NICE - Something we don't see with the MTA at all!

The n2/8 idea for example I'd say was innovative - the problem is, no one really relies on buses like that in (that part of) SW Nassau county....

In any case, thanks for the support, man.......

----------------------------------------------------

From: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/33981-random-thoughts-thread-nassau-inter-county-express-nice/?p=866957

.....Also, I would look into bringing back the n2/n8. Service would be different, since the n2 would now operate between Green Acres Mall and Hempstead Transit Center weekdays and Saturdays (eliminate that terminal in the middle of nowhere in Floral Park). This would help balance loads on the n6 within Nassau County, and brings back an old service and makes it more useful. The n8 would only run rush hours, with two-round trips in each direction. However, the service span would be different to the former n2.

My distrubution of n2/n8 service:

n2

From Hempstead:

Weekdays: 6:30 AM*, 7:30 AM, 8:30 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM, 3:30 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM, 8:00 PM

Saturdays: 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:30 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:30 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:30 PM

From Green Acres Mall:

Weekdays: 7:15 AM, 8:15 AM, 9:15 AM, 10:45 AM, 12:15 PM, 1:45 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:15 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:15 PM, 7:15 PM, 8:45 PM*

Saturdays: 9:45 AM, 11:15 AM, 12:45 PM, 2:15 PM, 3:45 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:45 PM, 8:15 PM

n8

From Hempstead: 

Weekdays:  6:00 AM*, 7:00* AM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM 

From Green Acres Mall:

Weekdays:  6:42 AM, 7:42 AM, 4:42 PM, 5:42 PM

* Service Originate/Terminates at 700 Commercial Avenue, running via Stewart Avenue

This is still a reduction of 12 minutes in overall weekday revenue time over the former n2/8 loop setup, and the DH to/from MF from Hempstead is much closer than to RVC on weekdays. It retains most of the span, with the last bus at 8:00 PM instead of 9:15/10:15 from Floral Park, which I think is too much for a route with that much ridership.

For Saturday service, there is about a 28 minute decrease in revenue time over the former n2/n8 loop scenario, and n2 riders on that segment get slightly more frequent service. DH to/from MF is also reduced compared to the old n2/8 DH to MF on the weekends. 

From Hempstead Transit Center, the n2/8 would be scheduled to leave before the n6 local. 

We could continue this in the proposals thread if you want, since this is more of a proposal now, but that's how I would make a compromise so that service is increase on busier lines, while bringing back some service, so that its a win-win for riders on both the discontinued and the heavily-utilized routes.

Now I don't know what context this post emanated from (in regards to a compromise), but since you decided to shoot me a link to the proposal, I'm going to respond to this specific n2/8 one, because I strongly disagree w/ something you said within this....

I would preface my post, but I'm in a bit of a rush, so I'ma get right to the point....

Do you really believe that the n6 gets that much riders within Nassau county to where you need the n8 during rush hours running b/w [Green Acres & Hempstead] to supplement it? I get that you want to make the n2 more useful, but you do not need n6's, n2's (full time), AND n8's (during the rush) all running b/w Meacham & HTC via the n6 route.... A route from HTC would have to run somewhere in Queens (not necessarily to 179th or 165th; like a Springfield blvd. for example) to help balance loads on the n6..... (to/from) Meacham wouldn't be enough of a help IMO - I'd give you city line (Q2/Q110 terminal) or Elmont Rd, but I can't give you Meacham.....

I don't really mind turning the n2 around to serve the opposite direction (meaning, instead of toward Jamaica, it runs towards Hempstead), but having the n8 supplement the n2 & the n6 during the rush (with which you'd already have the n2 supplementing the n6) is overkill AFAIC.....

......So those 4 trips (your n8 I'm talking about) could also go towards increasing service on busier lines ;) 

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/33981-random-thoughts-thread-nassau-inter-county-express-nice/?p=866957

Now I don't know what context this post emanated from (in regards to a compromise), but since you decided to shoot me a link to the proposal, I'm going to respond to this specific n2/8 one, because I strongly disagree w/ something you said within this....

I would preface my post, but I'm in a bit of a rush, so I'ma get right to the point....

Do you really believe that the n6 gets that much riders within Nassau county to where you need the n8 during rush hours running b/w [Green Acres & Hempstead] to supplement it? I get that you want to make the n2 more useful, but you do not need n6's, n2's (full time), AND n8's (during the rush) all running b/w Meacham & HTC via the n6 route.... A route from HTC would have to run somewhere in Queens (not necessarily to 179th or 165th; like a Springfield blvd. for example) to help balance loads on the n6..... (to/from) Meacham wouldn't be enough of a help IMO - I'd give you city line (Q2/Q110 terminal) or Elmont Rd, but I can't give you Meacham.....

I don't really mind turning the n2 around to serve the opposite direction (meaning, instead of toward Jamaica, it runs towards Hempstead), but having the n8 supplement the n2 & the n6 during the rush (with which you'd already have the n2 supplementing the n6) is overkill AFAIC.....

......So those 4 trips (your n8 I'm talking about) could also go towards increasing service on busier lines ;) 

The way it's set up in the box was because the n2/8 would interline with each other.

Well, if the loads aren't as heavy in within Nassau, what can also be done is to have the n8 as it is, but the n2 during the peak hours run originate/terminate in Jamaica, at 165 Street. The n2 portion serves more riders and more potential riders would benefit from a one-seat ride to Jamaica for the subway. The n8 section already either has the n1 (which is even more direct) or other NYCT routes, in addition to its runtime being 3 minutes more than the n2. Trying to keep even headways along Meacham Avenue/Dutch Broadway where they overlap. During off-peak periods though, it would run to Hempstead. IDK if there would be a problem with large distance between the peak/off-peak terminal, but IMO, it shouldn't be a problem. Prior to the n8's creation, the n3's peak and off-peak routing were very different (only sharing part of Franklin Avenue at all times). If it would be a problem, just give another notation for the Jamaica-bound n2's (n3 or n5).

The schedule would be changed as follows, and some runs will be based out of RVC in addition to MF instead of all MF.

Weekdays only (as Saturday service would remain as I originally proposed).

n2 from Hempstead/Jamaica to Green Acres

7:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM, 4:15 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:15 PM, 7:00 PM, 8:30* PM

n2 from Green Acres to Hempstead/Jamaica

6:03 AM*, 7:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:15 AM, 10:45 AM, 12:15 PM, 1:45 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:15 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:15 PM, 7:45 PM

n8 from Green Acres to Hempstead

7:25 AM, 8:25 AM, 3:45 PM, 4:45 PM, 5:45 PM

n8 from Hempstead to Green Acres

8:10 AM, 9:10 AM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM

RED= Buses originating or terminating in Jamaica

* Service Originating/Terminating at Valley Stream LIRR

The way it's set up in the box was because the n2/8 would interline with each other.

Well, if the loads aren't as heavy in within Nassau, what can also be done is to have the n8 as it is, but the n2 during the peak hours run originate/terminate in Jamaica, at 165 Street. The n2 portion serves more riders and more potential riders would benefit from a one-seat ride to Jamaica for the subway. The n8 section already either has the n1 (which is even more direct) or other NYCT routes, in addition to its runtime being 3 minutes more than the n2. Trying to keep even headways along Meacham Avenue/Dutch Broadway where they overlap. During off-peak periods though, it would run to Hempstead. IDK if there would be a problem with large distance between the peak/off-peak terminal, but IMO, it shouldn't be a problem. Prior to the n8's creation, the n3's peak and off-peak routing were very different (only sharing part of Franklin Avenue at all times). If it would be a problem, just give another notation for the Jamaica-bound n2's (n3 or n5).

The schedule would be changed as follows, and some runs will be based out of RVC in addition to MF instead of all MF.

7:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM, 4:15 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:15 PM, 7:00 PM, 8:30* PM

6:03 AM*, 7:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:15 AM, 10:45 AM, 12:15 PM, 1:45 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:15 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:15 PM, 7:45 PM

Being very brief, You're complicating your n2 just to keep an n8 around... That's how I see this whole thing.

I think it'll just be easier to have the n2 or the n8 be the Green Acres-Hempstead route and have one of them run every 20 to 30 minutes while the other goes to Jamaica. Or better yet, make the n1 full time to Jamaica already to help the n6 in Queens why the n2 or n8 helps the n6 east of Meacham Ave. There's no need for both the n2 and n8 to be the routes that goes to Green Acres to Hempstead. Will your n8 be using pre-April 2012 routing to reach Hempstead?

The N6 has 3 heavy trip origin/destination sections:

-Jamaica Bus Terminal - 179th st

-Springfield Blvd - Elmont Rd (can be extended to Meacham Ave)

-Cathedral Ave to Hempstead Bus Terminal

Franklin Ave is a busy intermediate stop as well.

Keep that in mind when thinking of services which are supposed to "help" the N6.

Being very brief, You're complicating your n2 just to keep an n8 around... That's how I see this whole thing.

I think it'll just be easier to have the n2 or the n8 be the Green Acres-Hempstead route and have one of them run every 20 to 30 minutes while the other goes to Jamaica. Or better yet, make the n1 full time to Jamaica already to help the n6 in Queens why the n2 or n8 helps the n6 east of Meacham Ave. There's no need for both the n2 and n8 to be the routes that goes to Green Acres to Hempstead. Will your n8 be using pre-April 2012 routing to reach Hempstead?

The N6 has 3 heavy trip origin/destination sections:

-Jamaica Bus Terminal - 179th st

-Springfield Blvd - Elmont Rd (can be extended to Meacham Ave)

-Cathedral Ave to Hempstead Bus Terminal

Franklin Ave is a busy intermediate stop as well.

Keep that in mind when thinking of services which are supposed to "help" the N6.

Well, if we were to use the simplest pattern, then the n2 could go to Hempstead at all times, while the n8 goes to Jamaica (but only to 179 Street). The reason why I had the n2 and n8 both go to Hempstead was because their combined headway would be every 30 minutes between Valley Stream and Hempstead. It's not a huge increase, as its two extra buses east of Meacham. However, I guess there could also be both an extra bus east and west of Meacham. The combined headway along Meacham and Dutch Broadway would be every 30 minutes.

Here's a new pattern

n2 from Hempstead to Green Acres

6:50 AM, 7:50 AM, 8:50 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM, 8:30* PM

n2 from Green Acres to Hempstead

6:43 AM*, 7:40 AM, 8:40 AM, 9:40 AM, 10:45 AM, 12:15 PM, 1:45 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:15 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:15 PM, 7:45 PM

n8 from Green Acres to Jamaica

7:10 AM, 8:10 AM, 3:40 PM, 4:45 PM, 

n8 from Jamaica to Green Acres

8:10 AM, 9:10 AM, 4:30 PM, 5:35 PM,

Option 2:

7:00 AM, 8:00 AM9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM, 4:15 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:15 PM, 7:00 PM, 8:30* PM

6:03 AM*, 7:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:15 AM, 10:45 AM, 12:15 PM, 1:45 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:15 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:15 PM, 7:45 PM

7:30 AM, 8:30 AM, 3:45 PM, 4:45 PM, 5:45 PM

8:30 AM, 9:30 AM, 4:45 PM, 5:45 PM, 6:45 PM

Under this plan, All buses going to Jamaica terminate at 165 Street

One more thing I want to add (BM5's idea)....

Distance isn't the (primary) problem with a peak n2 going to Jamaica & an off peak n2 going to Hempstead.... It's the fact that it would be the  same route going in opposite directions like that.... It's not practical.... It's one thing if you have peak buses running the full distance in one direction & off peak buses short turning somewhere in that same direction (or stopping dead somewhere before even making a turn), but opposing directions? Nah.

=====================

Edit: Just came back, finished the post above, posted, and now I'm seeing BM5's latest post.....

Well, if we were to use the simplest pattern, then the n2 could go to Hempstead at all times, while the n8 goes to Jamaica (but only to 179 Street). The reason why I had the n2 and n8 both go to Hempstead was because their combined headway would be every 30 minutes between Valley Stream and Hempstead. It's not a huge increase, as its two extra buses east of Meacham. However, I guess there could also be both an extra bus east and west of Meacham. The combined headway along Meacham and Dutch Broadway would be every 30 minutes.

Here's a new pattern

6:50 AM, 7:50 AM, 8:50 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM, 8:30* PM

6:43 AM*, 7:40 AM, 8:40 AM, 9:40 AM, 10:45 AM, 12:15 PM, 1:45 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:15 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:15 PM, 7:45 PM

Option 2:

7:00 AM, 8:00 AM9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM, 4:15 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:15 PM, 7:00 PM, 8:30* PM

6:03 AM*, 7:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:15 AM, 10:45 AM, 12:15 PM, 1:45 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:15 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:15 PM, 7:45 PM

I side with option 1...

Now the question becomes, how would this all play out w/ the n1 (also) running b/w Hempstead Tpke & (serving) Green Acres? Question's rather rhetorical, but if you want to do a schedule comparison, it's up to you (I'm not asking you to do that).......

Here's a new pattern

Option 2:

The same thing can be achieved by just making the n2 or n8 run to Hempstead on a 30 min schedule. There's nothing noteworthy on Meacham and Dutch Broadway except for a few shopping centers here and there. It sounds like you're trying to make the n2/8 the Valley Stream equivalent to the n31/32, n40/41, or n54/55

One more thing I want to add (BM5's idea)....

Distance isn't the (primary) problem with a peak n2 going to Jamaica & an off peak n2 going to Hempstead.... It's the fact that it would be the  same route going in opposite directions like that.... It's not practical.... It's one thing if you have peak buses running the full distance in one direction & off peak buses short turning somewhere in that same direction (or stopping dead somewhere before even making a turn), but opposing directions? Nah.

=====================

Edit: Just came back, finished the post above, posted, and now I'm seeing BM5's latest post.....

I side with option 1...

Now the question becomes, how would this all play out w/ the n1 (also) running b/w Hempstead Tpke & (serving) Green Acres? Question's rather rhetorical, but if you want to do a schedule comparison, it's up to you (I'm not asking you to do that).......

I have no problem in giving a schedule comparison:

During the AM and PM peak to Nassau and Queens Respectively, there's no n1 running in that direction, only the n8, but would take a similar distance to travel to Green Acres compared to the n1.

From Jamaica, looking at the schedule for the n6, I saw that a bus arrives 179 Street at 9:10 AM (same time that n8 is suppose to leave towards Nassau). I would make a slight adjustment, and schedule the n8 for a 9:08 AM departure (there would still be enough time for recovery). In the afternoon, the 4:30 PM n8 to Green Acres would depart 2 minutes before the n1 at 179 Street, and would relieve that particular n1 trip. The 5:35 PM trip would depart 6 minutes after the previous n1, but 12 before the following one. It also leaves 3 minutes before the n6 local.

Towards Jamaica, that morning 7:10 AM will probably pick up riders from Meacham to Elmont, but from Elmont to the City Lines, it trails the n1 by 3 minutes, so whatever riders would be flagged would be picked up by this n8. The 8:10 AM would arrive at Hempstead Turnpike at around 8:34-8:35 AM, right around when an n6 passes along. So this bus will probably be picking up flagged riders, in addition to other riders (if it gets ahead of the n6). The 3:40 PM n8 to Jamaica would pass 2-3 minutes before an n6 arrives towards Jamaica, so it'll relieve that n6 local, which is most likely already SRO at the very least. The 4:40 PM (which I have adjusted instead of 4:45, since it would pass right with the n6) to Jamaica would pass between two n6's, so whatever flagged riders on the previous, and any riders already waiting for the bus there towards Jamaica would picked up by that n8.

The same thing can be achieved by just making the n2 or n8 run to Hempstead on a 30 min schedule. There's nothing noteworthy on Meacham and Dutch Broadway except for a few shopping centers here and there. It sounds like you're trying to make the n2/8 the Valley Stream equivalent to the n31/32, n40/41, or n54/55

I don't think either the n2 or n8 warrants 30 minute service individually. The old n2 ran every 30 minutes, which I felt was very inefficient. It didn't need that much service, hourly service is fine. The overlap with the n8 is the only section where there should be a 30 minute headway. There are quite a few who used the bus along Meacham Avenue, within areas in Valley Stream. The rest do not need 30 minute headways (and especially not the n8, since the n1 is already there in that section, along with the Q5 to an extent. However, for connectivity purposes, there should be something along Dutch Broadway at least during rush hours. 

I don't think either the n2 or n8 warrants 30 minute service individually. The old n2 ran every 30 minutes, which I felt was very inefficient. It didn't need that much service, hourly service is fine. The overlap with the n8 is the only section where there should be a 30 minute headway. There are quite a few who used the bus along Meacham Avenue, within areas in Valley Stream. The rest do not need 30 minute headways (and especially not the n8, since the n1 is already there in that section, along with the Q5 to an extent. However, for connectivity purposes, there should be something along Dutch Broadway at least during rush hours. 

I believe that the n2 or n8 warrants 30 minute service individually on a weekday because it's being major hub. Hourly service make sense on a weekend. There's a very high demand to get to either Jamaica for the Subway, or Hempstead for the Buses. The reason why the n6x does so well is because people like the extra reverse peak trips that the current setup offers. Regular n6x riders get their express service while NCC students in Western Nassau get a ride to the campus without getting off at the terminal and waiting for a n16 or 35. Although the n1 does serve Valley Stream, it runs on the Central Avenue, Elmont Road Corridor and is out of reach for people on Rockaway Ave, Fletcher, and Meacham Aves.

The Q5 doesn't serve Valley Stream directly, it just goes to Green Acres. Many people in Valley Stream proper take the n4 on Merrick because it's faster than the Q5 with limited stop service. Besides, the Q4 is generally the "Valley Stream" route for most people in that area.

I believe that the n2 or n8 warrants 30 minute service individually on a weekday because it's being major hub. Hourly service make sense on a weekend. There's a very high demand to get to either Jamaica for the Subway, or Hempstead for the Buses. The reason why the n6x does so well is because people like the extra reverse peak trips that the current setup offers. Regular n6x riders get their express service while NCC students in Western Nassau get a ride to the campus without getting off at the terminal and waiting for a n16 or 35. Although the n1 does serve Valley Stream, it runs on the Central Avenue, Elmont Road Corridor and is out of reach for people on Rockaway Ave, Fletcher, and Meacham Aves.

The Q5 doesn't serve Valley Stream directly, it just goes to Green Acres. Many people in Valley Stream proper take the n4 on Merrick because it's faster than the Q5 with limited stop service. Besides, the Q4 is generally the "Valley Stream" route for most people in that area.

There's no doubt Jamaica and Hempstead are major hubs. However, part of your post explains why I don't believe they should have 30 minute headways. The n4 is used over the n2 and n8. The n1 is also used more than the n2 or n8. The n2 does get riders, but not as much as the other lines. The areas along Dutch Broadway and Meacham Avenue would be the ones using the n2 the most, to get to Valley Stream, or other points south, or to connect to the n6. That area would see 30 minute service on a combined headway. There aren't that many riders from Dutch Broadway to Merrick Road on the n2 portion of the route, so an hourly headway would be sufficient. As for the n2 on the weekend, the headway would be every 90 minutes (the n2/8 as it was served it every 2 hours, so its technically an improvement).

The n8 has the least service out of the two (rush hours only), because the n1 serves intermediate points, as well as the Q5. The individual portions of the route don't see very much any ridership (Dutch Broadway riders can either walk to the n1 or n2).

Lets notforget that the n4 is closed door within queens so a valleystreamer would by logic take the n4 over the q5 because it is quicker. ..MTA buses are super slow and NICE has more of a odesity to cut semaphore than a MTA bus

A headway.between Valley Stream and Hempstead is of 40-45 minutes if a n2 takes its regular route then coincide with the n6 from meacham ave thereafter

If the n2 is to be revived I would have it terminate at New Hyde Park and not floral park. ..recover the n3 routing at Franklin sq

Lets notforget that the n4 is closed door within queens so a valleystreamer would by logic take the n4 over the q5 because it is quicker. ..MTA buses are super slow and NICE has more of a odesity to cut semaphore than a MTA bus

A headway.between Valley Stream and Hempstead is of 40-45 minutes if a n2 takes its regular route then coincide with the n6 from meacham ave thereafter

If the n2 is to be revived I would have it terminate at New Hyde Park and not floral park. ..recover the n3 routing at Franklin sq

You mean to LIJ? I don't know if there's demand for the n2 to go north of Tulip Ave.  The n3 should stay dead. People can easily take the n25 to Franklin Square for the n6.

That works too...the n2 up to LIJ would work way better i mean its heading to a famous hospital and with a fair transfe r to the q46

BTW i was just wonderin . Does the n25 access the LIJ or just the perimeter . I wouldassume that the n25 does touch NYC but rather for a mere block even in the NICE systemmap it clearly shows the n25 straddling the border

That works too...the n2 up to LIJ would work way better i mean its heading to a famous hospital and with a fair transfe r to the q46

BTW i was just wonderin . Does the n25 access the LIJ or just the perimeter . I wouldassume that the n25 does touch NYC but rather for a mere block even in the NICE systemmap it clearly shows the n25 straddling the border

But is there a demand for the n2 to go north of Jericho Turnpike? If so, then I'm sure that people are going to LIJ for LIJ, not to transfer over to the Q46

The n25 doesn't turn into LIJ like the Q46 does, if that's what you're asking.

I was just wondering..

Should the n48 Jericho Quad shuttle get a new number, since it doesn't resemble the main n48 at all, beside originating/terminating at Hicksville LIRR. Any number would be open, perhaps n68 or so.

No, The Jericho Quad shuttle should be eliminated, or just have the n48 and 49 go to Jericho Quad again. What there anyways?

I was just wondering..

Should the n48 Jericho Quad shuttle get a new number, since it doesn't resemble the main n48 at all, beside originating/terminating at Hicksville LIRR. Any number would be open, perhaps n68 or so.

n48/49 need to restored back to Jericho. Some folks are still confuse with n48 Shuttle.

n48/49 need to restored back to Jericho. Some folks are still confuse with n48 Shuttle.

No, The Jericho Quad shuttle should be eliminated, or just have the n48 and 49 go to Jericho Quad again. What there anyways?

If they're confused, wouldn't it make sense to renumber it? I don't have a problem with the current set-up in terms of service, but I don't believe there should be two n48's, especially since they have nothing in common besides Hicksville LIRR. Bringing back the n48/49 costs more than just renumbering it.

That retard Frederick Wells sent this to NICE Bus in the mail: https://imgur.com/a/j8rJ8

Just to give an example of how smart this guy really is, he still uses AOL Desktop and one of his ideas is to extend the n35 to Oyster Bay at all times...

I don't agree with his idea either.

n2/8: Bring back only n2 Green Acres Loop.

n14, n17, n62 buses are not needed.

n19/S20: Reroute S20 Loop to Carmen Mill Rd instead of NYS 110 because according to poster on NICE Bus, senior citizens along Carmen Mill Rd is home bound because there is no bus service.

n20: Bring direct back between Hicksville and Flushing via Great Neck.

n20L: Don't bring back.

n21: Glen Cove-Great Neck Only with 7-Day (I agreed with NICE Bus Setup)

n50: Bring back during rush hour.

n51: Bring back as NCC School Tripper.

n73/74: Bring back only n73 with no Levitown routing.

n80/81: Bring back n81 bus only.

Archived