Nassau Inter-County Express Proposals and Ideas

VWM

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong LIRR doesn't make you backtrack as many trains at rosedale and valley stream do stop in brooklyn. Plus Q112 can do that heck even Q41 that is now faster than ever. N19A is useless cause N19 links to LIRR and LIRR is just as fast to babylon your forgetting sunrise hwy is a highway on that section.

Ohh you do realize N7 is better off as an MTA queens route as it barely serves Nassau. So fail Not practical as a NICE route anyway

Funny you're talking about fails... <_<

giving the N46 purpose is anything but insane creating a line to link marcus to great neck is not insane. straightening N50 is not unreal cause a corridor that is busy gets service. N79 restructuring to make N24 more reliable is not unreal. Using DH runs to provide linkage with LIRR is not insane even if it interlines with N22/20 you are insane for thinking that. Yet you come on with redundant lines and stupidly long ones and call that sane therefore I am the sane one here.

you mean by the (2) train? get off at nostrand and that is actually a platform to platform transfer its that close. B44 to (3) or (2) can be done.

It's not really that much of a hassle I did it.

I was more thinking (A) -> (C) -> (S)

I was more thinking (A) -> (C) -> (S)

That is a hassle more so than just taking the (2) or (3) back. Never underestimate the rail's convenience. That was how I screwed up badly on my first NJT plan I underestimated the Rail. And came up with very bad bus combinations. I started over cause the 1st draft was so bad I am glad I never shared it here or anywhere

agreed This was in a proposal I sent to NICE actually

I would make an n15x express non-stop from/to HTC to RF since it doesn't really serve anything special.

Watch my video on-board the N15 and you'll see the local N15s do very well between those two major transfer points. An express isn't needed.

Watch my video on-board the N15 and you'll see the local N15s do very well between those two major transfer points. An express isn't needed.

I agree with you Brett, there isn't a need for a n15X simply because I actually heard people demand stops in Garden City, and the B/O had to tell them not to worry!

Well I never said anything bad about N15 I know the N15 carries very well between those 2 points. N15x was just to make the N17 well useful and add ridership to N17. N15 just needs to time better with LIRR in the evening. You won't exactly know if an express is needed by looking at the N15's local segment alone you will also have to take into account traffic flows in the area between 2 points and where residents are heading to. If done right you can take a few cars off the road. But you can't just sit back and say you will Never get anybody who drives to try transit. You have to give it a shot and see how it goes. You may take some cars off the road but transit will never take ALL the cars off. But you can't just not try at all that is the point I am making that few here understand I won't say who understands but some do get my point.

The N15x was an attempt to make N17 useful basically relabeling N17 and yes it won't end dead in hempstead it will go to garden city.

Well I never said anything bad about N15 I know the N15 carries very well between those 2 points. N15x was just to make the N17 well useful and add ridership to N17. N15 just needs to time better with LIRR in the evening. You won't exactly know if an express is needed by looking at the N15's local segment alone you will also have to take into account traffic flows in the area between 2 points and where residents are heading to. If done right you can take a few cars off the road. But you can't just sit back and say you will Never get anybody who drives to try transit. You have to give it a shot and see how it goes. You may take some cars off the road but transit will never take ALL the cars off. But you can't just not try at all that is the point I am making that few here understand I won't say who understands but some do get my point.

The N15x was an attempt to make N17 useful basically relabeling N17 and yes it won't end dead in hempstead it will go to garden city.

Why not extend the N17 to Roosevelt Field instead of relableing it as a express route.

Don't blame me if I make a horrible route, I suck at making them.....

n11 - Oyster Bay to Hicksville via Berry Hill Rd, Jackson Ave, South Oyster Bay Rd

http://goo.gl/maps/5v66h

Also, extend the n2, n8 to 169 Street Terminal.

N11) this was brought up before, not a bad idea. Running it thought Syosset is definitely a good choice.

However, it might be easier to send the N2/8 to Mineola via Adelphi.

Zach, now that I revaluated your idea, I would make the n77 a limited stop service altogether because it will pass through some sections where bus stops wont be needed

True. Jericho can be considered a "highway" in some respects. Now as for a stop at 25 and 106/107...

• 3 weeks later...

One proposal I would make is a very simple one - it involves the N15's service in Island Park and that area. Currently, all N15 service remains on Long Beach Road through the area. However, I would suggest that the N15 be branched through that area with an N15A and an N15B service. The N15A would continue to operate via Long Beach Road in Island Park. However, the N15B would instead serve Barnum Island (which is on the other side of the tracks) via Austin Boulevard...the service change would cost nothing or even save money because Austin Boulevard, which is the through route between Oceanside and Long Beach, has a higher speed limit.

In addition, I see this as necessary because the LIRR Long Beach Branch isolates Island Park (and Harbor Isle) from Barnum Island.

So... If its gong from hempstead, running non-stop why would it go to Wantagh? Have it run down Merrick Avenue with LTD stops and send it down the meadowbrook instead, much more direct...

Archived