Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process

TheBigLD
Message added by +Young+

Last know called # (322x)

The list for the next open-competitive track worker examination, Exam #8600, has been published.

Please see the Track Worker Exam #8600 topic for more information.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Xkramz said:

So for the pre employment process ( drug testing) it says business casual  attire.  Just wondering what are people wearing?

I'm a guy, therefore I plan on wearing a dress shirt with no tie, dress pants, socks and black sneakers.

When I was there this past summer for the B/O P/T position from exam 7304, I was wearing a t-shirt, jeans, sneakers and nobody said anything to me about my wardrobe. In addition, I've seen some people dressed up in ties and suits and nobody said anything to them either.

Edited by +Young+

7 minutes ago, Xkramz said:

So for the pre employment process ( drug testing) it says business casual  attire.  Just wondering what are people wearing?

jeans, a polo or button down and shoes or nice sneakers are fine

On 10/14/2017 at 11:25 PM, +Young+ said:

If I was you, I would first call the HR Dept - 347-643-8229/30/31/32 or Ms. Robinson @ 347-643-8198 (Monday to Friday, 9 AM - 3:30 PM) and explain what happened. You only missed your appointment by about one week, so you might be lucky and not have to go through DCAS again.

If you are unsuccessful with them, you are allowed to restore your name to the list a maximum of three [3] times. If you restore your name to the list, I would first fill out this correction form, submit to NYC Transit, wait a couple of days, then restore your name to the list via DCAS, so NYC Transit has an accurate address of where to send the first letter to.

Good luck!!

I went down to 1 Centre street to reinstate my name but they said they hadn't heard back from 180 Livingston street about it even though it was a week after I was supposed to go for the drug test. I went from there to 180 Livingston st. The guy at the desk took my letter to the back for 15 minutes and told be to be there the next day no later than 7:30AM and don't wear jeans or sneakers, treat it like a job interview. I got there a 6AM and waited downstairs until 7:30AM to go up, filled out the forms and took the drug test.  Thanks alot man!! I am worried about my employment history, I've been on the same job for 15 years but before that it gets fuzzy going back to High School. God Bless!!!

Edited by bigadmin4ever

58 minutes ago, bigadmin4ever said:

Thanks alot man!! I am worried about my employment history, I've been on the same job for 15 years but before that it gets fuzzy going back to High School. God Bless!!!

I plan on wearing black sneakers and I hope they don't say anything to me about that.

As far as the advice, you're welcome!! As far as the employment history, if you're unsure about it you can always go to the Social Security office for a printout of your on-the-books jobs, 'since off-the-books' does NOT count. Although the employment history will go by years, try to take an estimated guess with the months, which is what they want. For any months that you were unemployed, you have to state who or what you were financially dependent upon (parents, spouse, savings, etc.) Also, for any months that you were unemployed, if it's four months or less, they won't grill you in final processing.

Good luck!!

(FYI: His list number is in the 700's.)

Edited by +Young+

23 minutes ago, nyi66 said:

my list number is 18** and i still haven't got any email for the medical, should i be worried? anyone else not receive one yet?

I'm in the 1900s and still didn't receive one and a few people in the 1900s on this forum have so idk man 

7 hours ago, +Young+ said:

As far as the advice, you're welcome!! As far as the employment history, if you're unsure about it you can always go to the Social Security office for a printout of your on-the-books jobs, 'since off-the-books' does NOT count. Although the employment history will go by years, try to take an estimated guess with the months

I wanted to go to S.S. but I think Social Security only goes back 7 years. I had a couple of night jobs on the books in that time too. Thanks. Alot of advice and war stories told in that drug test waiting room from those veterans, much appreciated.