September 1, 2012 Schedule Changes

Majestic412

New Timetables Effective September 1, 2012

Effective Saturday, September 1, 2012, NJ TRANSIT will issue new timetables. Please view the new timetables online or pick one up on board buses or at major terminals.

The following timetables have been updated for either schedule adjustments or other information: Nos. 2, 10, 23, 72, 83, 122/190, 123, 124/129/329, 125, 127, 128, 144/145/148/164, 151/161, 153/159, 154, 155/168, 156, 157/167/177, 158, 160, 162/163, 165, 166, 171, 175, 178/182, 181, 186, 188, 191/195, 192/199, 193/194/197/198/324, 194, 196/197/198, 320, 321, 707, 751/755 & 872

Schedule Change Highlights

#2 Saturdays: New schedule to improve on time performance.

#72 Saturdays: Service from every 60 minutes to every 50 minutes with earlier AM service.

#122 Weekdays: Added one early AM trip to New York

#123 Daily: More service added throughout the day.

#125 Weekdays: The 9:30 PM trip from New York will now depart at to 9:40 PM.

#128 Weekdays: Added 3 trips per hour to New York between 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM.

#129 Weekdays: Added one AM trip to New York, one AM & PM trip to Secaucus.

#144 Weekdays: Added one inbound and outbound AM trip to the schedule.

#145 Weekdays: Added one AM trip to New York.

#154 Weekdays: Added Three AM trips to New York and one PM trip from New York.

#155 Weekdays Added one AM trip to New York

#158 Weekends: More service added thruoghout the day.

#160 Weekdays: Added two Local AM trips to New York

#161 Weekdays: The 1:15 A.M. trip from New York will now depart at 1:00 AM.

#163 Weekdays & Sundays: On weekdays, added one early "T" trip to New York and Sundays, later service via Union City to New York.

#164 Weekdays: Added two AM trips to New York

#165 Weekdays: Added one early AM "P" trip and one AM "R" trip to the schedule.

#167 Weekdays: Added one peak AM trip to New York.

#168 Weekdays: Added two AM trips to New York.

#177 Weekdays: Added one early AM trip to New York.

#181 Sundays: Sunday Service has been discontinued as part of the NJ TRANSIT Bus Optimization Initiative.

#190 Weekdays: Added two AM "P" trips to New York

#192 Weekdays: Added two AM trips to New York and eliminated two AM trips from New York to Lyndhurst Office Park.

#707 Weekdays & Saturdays: Extended service from Saddle Brook to Paramus(Garden State Plaza). See new schedule.

#872 Weekdays: Service extended within the Mack Cali Campus.

PABT Gate Changes:

Please note that the following lines will have new departure gates from the Port Authority Bus Terminal: 123, 125. 130(Englishtown), 151, 161, and 321.

Southern Division Highlights:

#451: Service between Vorhees Town Center and Lindenwold PATCO eliminated as part of NJT Bus Optimization Plan

#604 Weekdays: Some peak hour service eliminated as part of NJT Bus Optimization Plan

#552 Daily: Extra service between Wildwood, Rio Grande, and Cape May will continue until September 23

I'm still pissed that the only direct route to walmart (The 43) will be gone on the 1st they really should try doing some limited service with the 30 and 40 going over there just to try and see if its worth it right?

They did something like that at Hilton with the 1 years ago when they decided to extend some service to 43rd street.

But other than that i feel bad for the people who works at Passaic st. who catches the 43 to Jersey City i just wonder what back up plans they would come up with.

I'm still pissed that the only direct route to walmart (The 43) will be gone on the 1st they really should try doing some limited service with the 30 and 40 going over there just to try and see if its worth it right?

They did something like that at Hilton with the 1 years ago when they decided to extend some service to 43rd street.

But other than that i feel bad for the people who works at Passaic st. who catches the 43 to Jersey City i just wonder what back up plans they would come up with.

The 30 needs to service Wal-Mart, on hourly trips for now. However the 40 doesnt need more branching off since its crowding at JG and the streets it travels in Harrison dont help either

The 161 is moving from PABT Gate 303 to Gate 406.. :(

I am not even sure where that is!!!

Any reason for the change?

probably construction at PABT

btw, I like how 128 is running during non rush hours...for now

The only thing I can guess is the added trips on the 123, with 10 added trips on Saturday, and 14 on Sunday. They wanted to use a gate where the flow of people can continue, especially since that line can carry. I'll willing to bet that sooner or later, the 123 will be a MCI line when they need those people out, especially a 45 footer. But, that's a guess. That's the only thing I can guess. This is not saying that the 151T/161 doesn't carry, since the times I've been on that line, it carries.

As for 128 running during the non-rush hours, you mean trips to NY or trips to North Bergen? Trips on the 128 usually run starting at 3:55 out of PABT to NB, but deadhead back to PABT.

probably construction at PABT

btw, I like how 128 is running during non rush hours...for now

@ least heading into New York, but that is to address bad overcrowding conditions on the 165, 166 & 168 to New York and there will be in all likelihood D4500s for the extra 13 or 14 128 trips to New York via Boulevard East.

@ least heading into New York, but that is to address bad overcrowding conditions on the 165, 166 & 168 to New York and there will be in all likelihood D4500s for the extra 13 or 14 128 trips to New York via Boulevard East.

The only thing I can guess is the added trips on the 123, with 10 added trips on Saturday, and 14 on Sunday. They wanted to use a gate where the flow of people can continue, especially since that line can carry. I'll willing to bet that sooner or later, the 123 will be a MCI line when they need those people out, especially a 45 footer. But, that's a guess. That's the only thing I can guess. This is not saying that the 151T/161 doesn't carry, since the times I've been on that line, it carries.

As for 128 running during the non-rush hours, you mean trips to NY or trips to North Bergen? Trips on the 128 usually run starting at 3:55 out of PABT to NB, but deadhead back to PABT.

Perfect. 128 needed those but I am curious do you think LTD stop service on blvd East can work?

I hate the 62 split

Deal with it 62 was stupidly long just use the NEC or NJCL then transfer to 62 from metropark or rahway.

Ltd stops would be a disaster on blvd east. Every stop has ppl.

Not only that buses jocky postion againest the bigger dollar van buses that stall just for passengers like sharks and if you want to pass on sharp curves you better calculate right so LTD stop would not work.

What needs to happen is what's gonna happen....the 128 will be a full time route to give the 165,166 and 168 a breather. If NJT is smart they'll keep the 128 split between Meadowlands and Howell and make that a mandatory 45ft line.

What needs to happen is what's gonna happen....the 128 will be a full time route to give the 165,166 and 168 a breather. If NJT is smart they'll keep the 128 split between Meadowlands and Howell and make that a mandatory 45ft line.

When the new designline buses come into serivce the 128 will hopefully become full serivce i would like that very much primary to get a ride from 66th to pershing road or close to it so i can go down the stairs of doom to the light rail in Port Imperial in case i miss the 23.

By making the 128 full time it would help out blvd east but in theory you could have more T trips BUT the point of making the 128 full time is to help out. Not help out then take away and add more T trips. If you did that it would have all been for nothing.

Then make all 168 T leave 165/166/128 as is to help out. A bus that is hourly is useless to blvd east. Plus blvd east hurts on time performance on 165. 166 not so sure

Then make all 168 T leave 165/166/128 as is to help out. A bus that is hourly is useless to blvd east. Plus blvd east hurts on time performance on 165. 166 not so sure

If the 128 trips are expanded, make the 165/166/168 trips from NY limited stops on blvd east anyone who boards the 165/6/8 bus from NY the first dischage would be nungessers and passengers who board on blvd east north bound would have to travel beyond Nungessers. Southbound towards the tunnel have the 128 make the local pickups on Blvd east and have the 165/6/8 only stop to discharge passengers who got on before nungesser and when its stops if they are passengers waiting there to be picked up there they will be pickup up provided that they are going to NY.. they can select certain 165 and 166 to fill in the gaps of the 128 bus.

Well, if that's the case, the 128 will be operated by Meadowlands, Howell on the rush hour, and Fairview during the midnight - 6am hours as they used to be years ago.

When the new designline buses come into serivce the 128 will hopefully become full serivce i would like that very much primary to get a ride from 66th to pershing road or close to it so i can go down the stairs of doom to the light rail in Port Imperial in case i miss the 23.

Those stares are doom...one bad step, BYE BYE.

would that allow more T trips? on 165& 168? Since 128 takes over.

Nope. You forget that the 165, 166, and 168 services areas that passengers that get on Blvd East and the 1/9 stretch need to go to, especially in the morning. I would of thought that NJT might have some 165, 166, and 168 start at Nunguessers since a great bulk of the passengers get on and get off at that stop, since it is easier for passengers to connect to Bergenline/Park/Kennedy with the 22/84/88/89/154/156/159/181/751, If more buses were T and X and bypass Blvd East, there would me a major shit storm with many passengers needing a way to get there. No way a Jitney will do it because half the towns that the 165/166/168 services at don't even want the Jitneys in their town.

By making the 128 full time it would help out blvd east but in theory you could have more T trips BUT the point of making the 128 full time is to help out. Not help out then take away and add more T trips. If you did that it would have all been for nothing.

Bingo. More 128 trips will be a blessing, though if I know Oradell like I used to know, the minute they see a 128, they will bypass Blvd East as if they do not have any room for them, and go to NY, changing their signs to STANDING ROOM ONLY. There was a time years ago when NJT did have a destination sign that read, SORRY BUS FULL. NJT took it out since B/O's were abusing it since there was clearly room on that bus to have more passengers come in and be serviced. Either that or change the sign to either SPECIAL, SHUTTLE, STUDENT DRIVER NO PASSENGERS (Happened to me), or NOT IN SERVICE NO PASSENGERS (that also happened to me, which I called Control, told them what they did, and got their ass written up since that other bus saw a 45 and wanted to have a easier route. Sorry Charlie. Don't play that shit with me. Pick up people. I'm not the only B/O out there.)

Archived