NBA 2012-2013 Thread

Shortline Bus

Either way I'm not rooting for either team in the finals. I still hate the Spurs for their 'cheap' wins this decade+ over a weak Knicks, nets, and Lebron led Cavs teams. I don't think the Spurs would've beaten the Pistons or Celtics. The Heat, I will never root for them going back to the late 90s with the infamous brawl (the one where van gundy was holding on for dear life). I won't root for them the same way I will never root for the Red Sox.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@B35 this blowout was obvious. Anyone thinking that Pacers were going come out this series in a 7th game must have been crazy. A Pacers/Spurs finals would have been worse then watching the Kings vs Wolves.

Its funny they talk about size and how small the heat is and big the pacers are and size wins games but yet the heat still come out this series.

I thought game 1 was gonna start later on tonight (friday)....

I have the TV on in the other room (on ESPN) & I hear spurs take game 1, 92-88....

Now that it's the 2-3-2 format, spurs already have home court advantage.....

Either way I'm not rooting for either team in the finals.

Yeah, same here....

I am really feeling a Spurs win on this one. But the game was actually pretty close throughout. Bosh has just not been producing that much, kind of picked it back up, but he needs to play better in order for the Heat to have a better chance at winning. They need to look for that midrange jumper a lot, because the Spurs are playing some really good defense around the rim, but it is really going to be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Dunno if anyone cares, but anyone have thoughts about Kidd taking the Nets head coaching job? Imo, I think it is a mistake. Shouldn't players take some time as an assistant coach first before diving into the head job right after retiring? Also what about Patrick Ewing? Wasn't he trying to get a coaching job somewhere, but without success? Seems a bit unfair that Ewing is still trying (if he did, then my mistake since I haven't read up on his story in a while) to get a head coach gig and Kidd gets one automatically.

Dunno if anyone cares, but anyone have thoughts about Kidd taking the Nets head coaching job? Imo, I think it is a mistake. Shouldn't players take some time as an assistant coach first before diving into the head job right after retiring? 

Just replied to your last shout..... guess I'll just re-post it in the thread here.

--------------

@  Grand Concourse (13 June - 01:02 PM) Well I wish Kidd well, I just think he could've benefited from a 1yr gap/stint as an assistant coach first. I just hope he can stay more than a year or something.

my reply to this (which pretty much opinionates on your question...)

@  B35 via Church (13 June - 01:35 PM) ....and that's where coaching the Nets franchise in particular benefits him.... He has ties w/ the franchise....

@  B35 via Church (13 June - 01:36 PM) .....they won't be as quick to dump him (unless the nets REALLY stink up the joint)....  If this was the nfl, I'd agree w/ your point about prerequisition... nba though, I really don't think being an assistant before becoming a head coach matters.

Also what about Patrick Ewing? Wasn't he trying to get a coaching job somewhere, but without success? Seems a bit unfair that Ewing is still trying (if he did, then my mistake since I haven't read up on his story in a while) to get a head coach gig and Kidd gets one automatically.

Yeah, he's an assistant head coach on the Bobcats now..... Thing w/ him though is, he's been an assistant coach for like what, a decade now? With the Magic for like half that time, and he had stints w/ the Wizards & Houston I believe as well.... I'm not sure if he's even trying to be a head coach in-particular.....

....Whereas Kidd flat out went out for a head coaching job, and (luckily) got it.

Just replied to your last shout..... guess I'll just re-post it in the thread here.

--------------

@  Grand Concourse (13 June - 01:02 PM) Well I wish Kidd well, I just think he could've benefited from a 1yr gap/stint as an assistant coach first. I just hope he can stay more than a year or something.

my reply to this (which pretty much opinionates on your question...)

@  B35 via Church (13 June - 01:35 PM) ....and that's where coaching the Nets franchise in particular benefits him.... He has ties w/ the franchise....

@  B35 via Church (13 June - 01:36 PM) .....they won't be as quick to dump him (unless the nets REALLY stink up the joint)....  If this was the nfl, I'd agree w/ your point about prerequisition... nba though, I really don't think being an assistant before becoming a head coach matters.

Yeah, he's an assistant head coach on the Bobcats now..... Thing w/ him though is, he's been an assistant coach for like what, a decade now? With the Magic for like half that time, and he had stints w/ the Wizards & Houston I believe as well.... I'm not sure if he's even trying to be a head coach in-particular.....

....Whereas Kidd flat out went out for a head coaching job, and (luckily) got it.

I think playing PG gives JKidd a leg up on Patrick, fairly or not. Look at the league lately and the head coaches lists has included  guards Lionel Hollins, Doug Collins, Mo Cheeks, Byron Scott and Mark Jackson. Some of those guys are on their second or third go round yet even after putting in his time as an assistant Ewing was given a shot by his friend MJ. It seems that unless you played guard in the NBA-ABA it's hard to get a job as a head coach and a chance to join the coaches fraternity in the league. I'm intentionally leaving Isiah Thomas out of this conversation. Let's just say his history is unique in the annals of basketball and leave it at that. Carry on.

I think playing PG gives J Kidd a leg up on Patrick, fairly or not. Look at the league lately and the head coaches lists has included  guards Lionel Hollins, Doug Collins, Mo Cheeks, Byron Scott and Mark Jackson. Some of those guys are on their second or third go round yet even after putting in his time as an assistant Ewing was given a shot by his friend MJ. It seems that unless you played guard in the NBA-ABA it's hard to get a job as a head coach and a chance to join the coaches fraternity in the league............

Of course it does, being that the NBA is a PG driven league.....

As far as Ewing specifically, looks like NOW he wants to make a push for being a head coach.....

Just got through hearing about Ewing Jr. feeling some type of way that Kidd got a head coaching job, but his father didn't.... Well your father (well not your father, but his father) shouldn't have spent all that time being satisfied (let's face it) w/ being an assistant all those years.... There's nothing wrong with tryna work your way up through the ranks, but there is such a thing as being too comfortable in that position too.... Spending too long a time as a worker bee (so to speak) can & does minimize your chances of career advancement....  This is a reason why I think Ewing had a time even landing another assistant head coaching position......

lmao @ how "they" had the spurs squander the close-out game 6 last night..... What happened to the great, impeccable coaching of popovich late in regulation.... parker & duncan supposedly ran out of gas in that 4th (from what I'm hearing) & out of the damn blue, I wake up this morning to hear the heat came back in overtime.... Ginobili doin stupid shit, tryna take on all 5 heat players in the waning moments - LMAO !

Lookin at the highlights, I'll give Biish (Bosh) his props, CLEAN block on danny green's 3 attempt to end the game !

Supposedly, the heat were flat as f*** in those first 3 qtr's & like the first 3-4 mins of the 4th.....Some are calling this game an instant classic; I won't opinionate on that because I never watched more than an actual min. of gametime at a time (quick score checks)..... I thought "they" would have the heat blowout the spurs to force the game 7 "they" wanted, that's why I didn't bother watchin game 6 from start to finish..... Well, either way, they still got their game 7.....

My thing is, It's not the fact that the spurs lost, it's how they lost, that gets me.....

Thanks to my lil bro, I'ma start referring to NBA players & coaches as actors from now on.... This shit is bordering on WWE fakeness now....

They sure did follow the script last night :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I know I'm late on this*

Lol, can anyone say this series was fixed? I find it hard to believe the series can be so back and forth the way it was. I think it was a safe bet to expect a game 7 because it was going to get all the people 'hyped'. Also lmfao about the band wagoners leaving in game 6? before the ot win. Yup, that's the kind of fans the Heat will be having for some time now.

- Lol @ Doc rivers being "traded" to the Clippers.....

- More drama involving where he'll end up next season.... does it ever end...

- Now the Nets are tryna build the next superteam w/ obtaining pierce & garnett (as old as they are)....

These Popovich-coached Spurs teams might be the last best teams we'll see play team basketball....

I didn't follow him much, but he was 2006's 1st draft pick for Toronto but his stats are only from 2012-2013 season.

The comments on the ESPN pages are: "Another soft 7 footer with no defense." Hopefully that's not true.

Good-bye Steve Novak and Marcus Camby and a damn first round pick.

Won't miss Camby, too injury prone. Might miss Novak, but that sucks more about the loss of the draft pick.

Is this guy they traded for really worth it?

Knicks get: Bargnani

Raptors get: Novak, an old broken up Camby, a washed up overhyped wingman Quentin Richardson, a 2014 2nd rounder (draft pick), a 2016 1st rounder, and a 2017 2nd rounder

This to me just screams salary dump..... Acquiring Hardaway Jr. in this past NBA draft better be worth it for this upcoming season.... He's basically another JR Smith, minus the aggressiveness (and stubbornness).....

Bargnani is a little more versatile offensively; Novak is too 1-dimensional a player... The thing w/ Bargnani is that he's very injury prone though.....

I personally don't think this trade is as bad as a lot of people I'm hearing & reading from are making it out to be.....

I'll miss Novak b/c I like his personality, but with how ineffective he was last year, he looks to be on a fast track to failure....

If you're a knicks fan, what you have to be aggravated by, is how impatient/short-sighted the front office is.... They have a history of trying to compile stars (especially offensive-minded ones), and this trade is no different.... Bargnani <---> Novak is more or less a wash - Which leaves you w/ the knicks giving up Richardson, Camby, and 3 draft picks..... It's not so much the question that, is Bargnani worth the 3 draft picks......

Narrowing this trade down to the lowest common denominator, the knicks dumped salary & the raptors acquired draft picks.... Knicks are trying to build for the here & now, Toronto's trying to build for the future..... Now I won't say this is an equal trade (I think Toronto comes off slightly better here), but I don't see this as one-sided as quite a bit of folks are on the internet & on sports radio screaming about it being.....

The comments on the ESPN pages are: "Another soft 7 footer with no defense." Hopefully that's not true.

Just saw this post....

Whoever said that about Bargnani is right.... He is defensively challenged.

The Knicks are basically replacing Novak - for a little better "version" of Novak offensively..... Defensively, they're both the same player......

Whoever said that about Bargnani is right.... He is defensively challenged.

The Knicks are basically replacing Novak - for a little better "version" of Novak offensively..... Defensively, they're both the same player......

Thanks for that, I really never followed on Bargnani.

- Knicks re-sign JR Smith for 4 more years....

- Why is anyone seriously considering giving Oden another chance.... He over-exerted himself playing in college & now he's not goin amount to much of anything in the NBA with those chronic knee problems he's got.....

- Al Jefferson is not worth 13+ mil a year over 3 years... more charlotte bobcat Fail....

- Who the heck is this new guy the Celtics got as their head coach now???

btw, and this....

- More drama involving where he'll end up next season.... does it ever end...

...was referring to Dwight Howard.

The Nets are gonna eat it bad...

Paul Pierce is going to be such a bust, and Jason Kidd as a coach? Please.

I've been saying that ever since the trade to my friends!  They are so over-hyped on the Nets with this. (Shows how much of bandwagons they really are since they were riding on the Thunder last season until Westbrook was out.)

I keep telling 'em; Wait until the season to see how they perform because we saw what happen after Laker's big move with Howard.

I really think Joe Johnson could use the help from KG, have a good solid player in that PF spot to help him out and star Lopez, but I really don't think Paul Pierce is going to be what the Nets want him to be. Pierce is way past his prime, he just isn't a playoff caliber person anymore in my mind.

Howard on the Rockets, well the Rockets could really use a spotlight kind of person, Harden put some great numbers up, but I really don't think he should be the star of that team, he needs a few more years to develop into a better player, not saying that he isn't amazing already. But I am really interested to see how this plays out, the Rockets actually had a pretty good roster without Howard.

Archived