DesignLine Commuter Coach Discussion

Cait Sith

Keeping them on the 67 to avoid pissing off riders due to its low ridership makes sense, but NOT the 64. The 64 is extremely busy, though by the time 7204 got to Craig Road it was nearly empty, not sure if it was people refusing to ride or the fact that there was a 64J in front of it. 

I bet they were avoiding it! Yeah seems like alot of ppl get on the 64H I guess, I've been on crowded 67's too going from Old Bridge to Freehold. But it's a different crowd. Unfortunately once they are all in they will have no choice to put them on 139 runs, but I bet the 67 (and perhaps the 64H) will be all Designlines. At least the 67. They may also put some on the 137s to Toms River, esp the via Brick.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know lmaoo but he just told you it was on the 64H...and you found it just like that! Im suprised it doesnt have tinted windows. 

Yup, and I'm about 50 miles away from where he got it lol. It made pretty good timing.

Tinted windows, dafuq?

I bet they were avoiding it! Yeah seems like alot of ppl get on the 64H I guess, I've been on crowded 67's too going from Old Bridge to Freehold. But it's a different crowd. Unfortunately once they are all in they will have no choice to put them on 139 runs, but I bet the 67 (and perhaps the 64H) will be all Designlines. At least the 67. They may also put some on the 137s to Toms River, esp the via Brick.

Actually, look at Shane's vid. The bus was mobbed... probably just emptied out at all the major spots like Old Bridge, Union Hill, and Gordon's Corner. 

Keeping them on the 67 to avoid pissing off riders due to its low ridership makes sense, but NOT the 64. The 64 is extremely busy, though by the time 7204 got to Craig Road it was nearly empty, not sure if it was people refusing to ride or the fact that there was a 64J in front of it. 

I bet they were avoiding it!

That bus was almost fully seated by the time I shot it, I got a good look while recording.

Yes the seats are definately on NJT, but the lack of a luggage compartment may have to do with the actual bus design. And the mechanical problems, that's all Designline. 

If NJT wanted luggage racks I'm sure DesignLine would've put in luggage racks.  I think we're overlooking the term "custom" here, a company is going to be like "Hmm, I bet NJT riders would like luggage racks, lets put them in,"  No, NJT gets EXACTLY what NJT asks for.  It is also no surprise to NJT, it's not like they see the buses for the first time when they are delivered a team of people working for NJT travel around the Country inspecting buses at manufacturing facilities (I didn't know jobs like that existed until I ran into one of these guys, pretty cool job).  I don't know about NJT or DesignLine but many customers actually go to the plant when buses are released to inspect them, and among other things make sure they are as they should be before they sign off on them.

They are having problems in many other areas, and Veolia has even taken them to court over problems with the Charm City Circulator.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/print-edition/2011/11/04/veolia-transportation-services-sues.html?page=all

I'm surprised you're not blaming Veolia, or do you just save that for anything that goes wrong in Nassau County?

If NJT wanted luggage racks I'm sure DesignLine would've put in luggage racks.  I think we're overlooking the term "custom" here, a company is going to be like "Hmm, I bet NJT riders would like luggage racks, lets put them in,"  No, NJT gets EXACTLY what NJT asks for.  It is also no surprise to NJT, it's not like they see the buses for the first time when they are delivered a team of people working for NJT travel around the Country inspecting buses at manufacturing facilities (I didn't know jobs like that existed until I ran into one of these guys, pretty cool job).  I don't know about NJT or DesignLine but many customers actually go to the plant when buses are released to inspect them, and among other things make sure they are as they should be before they sign off on them.

I'm surprised you're not blaming Veolia, or do you just save that for anything that goes wrong in Nassau County?

I'm talking about the luggage storage area under the bus. It may be due to the Designline Eco Cruiser design. If not, then it certainly is NJT's fault. The seats for sure are. Not sure what NJ Transit is thinking these days, but from what I've seen, I think Veolia is doing a better job in Nassau County than NJ Transit.

I'm talking about the luggage storage area under the bus. It may be due to the Designline Eco Cruiser design. If not, then it certainly is NJT's fault. The seats for sure are. Not sure what NJ Transit is thinking these days, but from what I've seen, I think Veolia is doing a better job in Nassau County than NJ Transit.

LOL you serious?

Well from my experiences recently NJ Transit has had bigger fails than NICE. I know I never expected that to come out of my mouth either.  :lol:

with NJT operated lines really? name a few?

I took 317 before the reroute it was a very nice ride took it to brick from pemberton for the 137 (549 service) it was PM rush and it was very frequent so lucky. I was able to take one to toms river for the 137 parkway express and I was ready to pay but here is the kicker the driver on the 137 (549) let me on for free when I was taking it to the P&R from brick I was grateful. I did observe an OC10 toms river with regular orion style bus I think while I was waiting for the 137. The 137 was fast got me there in 1 hour very good and the 317 I took earlier was packed :o  it managed to stay on schedule though most got off in browns mills though I then was beginning to understand why the B1 was used so heavily.

I caught one on my way back home on the GSP, it wasn't 7202 this time. Problem is, I don't know which one it was because it was moving too fast. All I know was I saw it around the time of 7:45-8:00PM and it was out of service. For some strange reason the driver had the four-ways on but he never stopped or didn't appear to be going slow enough that he'd need them on.

936663_620661987946237_1542653501_n.jpg

Wow, it looks like DesignLine had some left over prison seats they gave to NJ Transit. lol

It will only open/close if the wheels are completely straight...

Ok lol I must have been tired or drunk because I misread that the first time as "only open/close close when the wheels aren't moving."

So the door only opens closes if the wheels are straight?  So if the driver doesn't straighten the wheels after pulling over to pick people (or turns the wheels to merge back into traffic) the door will not operate?  Damn! 

Saw 7211 late last night on 139 at Port Authority. when I got a good close look, Imo them buses is ugly. The seating on the 7200's is also turrible, transit did a turrible job with dat, its reminds me of the of same one's they use on the nabi's. I think it would be like sitting on a nabi but with the seat higher. I honestly think these buses gotten nothing on them 71XX's.

"Immaculate seats"... guess we know who owns that page now!

Haven't heard one Route 9 commuter say that. But, I'll complain more about them once I actually get to sit in them. Good to know Route 18 apparently likes them, NJT can keep them there!

They should really keep them on the 68, 131, 133, 135, 137,138, and 308. Least there won't be any complaints from those lines. Especially the 135, no DesignLine will keep passengers away from that line. It was SRO when I got on it yesterday.

"Immaculate seats"... guess we know who owns that page now!

Haven't heard one Route 9 commuter say that. But, I'll complain more about them once I actually get to sit in them. Good to know Route 18 apparently likes them, NJT can keep them there!

Well they're doing a bad job at it. I saw 7201 south of Old Bridge Park & Ride yesterday when I was coming from Freehold on the 139.

Makes absolutely no sense for Howell to be giving up so many buses right now considering the DL situation and the fact that the CNGs can't stay. I see Academy doing a lot more 139 runs in the future...

I really do not understand NJT's logic at all. They gotta keep their 45' diesels otherwise they arent gonna have enough buses to make score. I'm wondering how Academy may be greasing the palms of certain high ranking officials to wreck the 139 to get more business... :o

Archived