MTA Prepares for Winter Storms

Harry

Lol, and if it runs next year, it'll be another 11 months to ride the same cars on the same line...

Not even, they do fan trips over the summer. Which in my opinion, is a lot better then getting into a crammed train that only goes back and forth between 2nd ave and queens plaza.

If that is the case, then how come the link to "Ride a Vintage Train" is still on the Weekender and the "Holiday Weekend Service and Special Events" page too?

In addition, is there any documentation you can provide that clearly states that the R9 is cancelled?

Because that section of the website doesn't update automatically, and whoever runs that probably hasn't gotten to it yet.

Turn your radio onto B2 and listen for the announcement from RCC which states that ALL GO's this weekend have been cancelled except for 5628-12. Or just ignore me and hold out for hope that your precious R9 will magically show up.

I honestly don't care if they run the R9s...

1. I'm not there.

2. I've been on them and so has nearly everyone else. You'll get more rides next year kids.

And he says he's not a foamer..... :rolleyes:

Only they say what he just said, period.

Real foamers want to ride that special train with their foamer brothers.

Seriously, what is with this forum and foamers?! Is it really that hard for a group of people with a shared interest in trains to get along? Life is too short to be concerned about who "foams" and who doesn't... we're all in this hobby together, for better or worse and carrying on with this 'holier than thou attitude' that we get quite enough from religious people isn't benefiting any of us.

Seriously, what is with this forum and foamers?! Is it really that hard for a group of people with a shared interest in trains to get along? Life is too short to be concerned about who "foams" and who doesn't... we're all in this hobby together, for better or worse and carrying on with this 'holier than thou attitude' that we get quite enough from religious people isn't benefiting any of us.

It's more like "What is with him and foamers".....

Some people just can't help but talk about them.....

It's more like "What is with him and foamers".....

Some people just can't help but talk about them.....

He is the most vocal of the lot but by no means is he the only one. This is becoming a joke and is turning me off from this hobby that I have been a practitioner of since I was a wee lad.

He is the most vocal of the lot but by no means is he the only one. This is becoming a joke and is turning me off from this hobby that I have been a practitioner of since I was a wee lad.

Well then I'll just put it this way...in a blunt matter.

People are just stupid.

Overall, you're right...I for one just happen to enjoy what I like/love. Not just the subway cars though, but to see how crowded and heavily used the lines themselves are (for example the (C) on Fulton without the B25 bus and some of its horrendous waits), reduce the amout of backups on certain lines. Stuff like that. I personally don't have anything against a public transit agency of course. I just have to learn to wait until the news are leaked, if not then keep the dreams to myself premanently...

LMAO!

Archived