MTA Prepares for Winter Storms

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-88149000-1356724986_thumb.jpg[/float]With the forecast of this season's first winter storm, (MTA) agencies are following well-established plans designed to keep the (MTA) region's transportation services operating smoothly. The timely deployment of personnel and equipment is key to maintaining service, but we have also created a Winter Weather Travel Guide aimed at keeping customers of all (MTA) services – New York City Transit, Metro-North Railroad, Long Island Rail Road and Bridge & Tunnels—in the know.

Read more: MTA.info

2 Years ago in the blizzard I was waiting at grand central for a 7 train to Queensboro where I would transfer to astoria I had to wait 50 minutes for the 7 which has no heat and its 10 degre in the car then I get to Queensboro and I just lose a N 8 Minuites later a Warm N pulls up and takes me home

Subchat reported that plan 4 is in effect this weekend. For example, in Brooklyn, the D, N and R will all run local along 4th Avenue (probably at least in the southbound direction) and their headways will be increased to every 12 minutes during the daytime hours (instead of the normal 10 minutes).

How does someone know the reduced R train schedule on days such as this? I've found that uptown R trains usually (but not always) follow this 12-minute headway leaving 86th St:

Saturdays: leave 86th St at :01, :13, :25, :37, and :49 past the hour

Sundays: leave 86th St at :05, :17, :29, :41, and :53 past the hour

Does anyone have access to NYC Transit's General Orders? I'm worried about the Nostalgia Train on Sunday, since subchat is saying a plan 4 is in effect.

I also notice that the link to "Ride the Vintage Train" is still on the MTA website...

In addition, does anyone have a Twitter account? If so, can someone Tweet @NYCTSubwayScoop about this...

The C express is chaotic especially at uptown 34th St. I find it bad enough to have to stand next to the staircase at 34th (along with other New Yorkers) to have to run up & down the stairs to get whatever train (A, C, or E) comes first, whether I'm going uptown or downtown. I can only imagine the delays experienced by a tourist who doesn't understand that the C is on the A line.

Well the (E) will still be stopping on the local platform at 34......take the (E) to 42 St and you can get the (C) across the platform.

Yes, R9 is cancelled. You all rode it about 500 times this year anyway, so get over it.

If that is the case, then how come the link to "Ride a Vintage Train" is still on the Weekender and the "Holiday Weekend Service and Special Events" page too?

In addition, is there any documentation you can provide that clearly states that the R9 is cancelled?

Archived