Woman Killed by 2 train

Via Garibaldi 8

That is Crazy..... Smh its like a trend now One incident takes place and now its going hectic with the same situation. Maybe we need more Transit Police officers on the plat form, I mean with the amount of Police officer they recruit why not Put some across Trains and Subways to prevent crimes

Another subway fatality?!! When is it going to end?

Fatalities like this will never end. It has to be reduced, thats for sure. Even if Platform Screens were installed, not every Station will see this.

Fatalities like this will never end. It has to be reduced, thats for sure. Even if Platform Screens were installed, not every Station will see this.

Well, there seems to have been a massive upsurge in fatalities this past month or so, accidental or not. This is getting out of hand.

I cant see the platform screens because were talkn a whole lot of $$$..but like others have mentioned def need to get more transit police down under..also like others mentioned you'll neva stop this but it needs to be reduced

Thats still gonna cost the MTA/City money with more Transit Police... Even if Transit Police officers were around, People can still 12-9 themselves in front of them.

Thats still gonna cost the MTA/City money with more Transit Police... Even if Transit Police officers were around, People can still 12-9 themselves in front of them.

I agree to hire or have more transit police will cost $$ too they would have to see what out weighs the other..the cost for the screen doors would b labor & materials and maintenance almost a one time bang of $$ versus paying cops yr after yr

People can keep demanding them, but they never take into account all the reasons it won't work (which I've listed over and over: costs and breakdowns being the main ones). I could probably see them on maybe 42nd gc on the Lexington lines, and maybe some of the other really crowded stops as a pilot program, but I don't see them going beyond a handful of stops as they'll be more trouble than they're worth.

the woman was drunk, this isnt the first time, in 2011 ( new years) 5 mintues after midnight someone got hit by a train, if a person jumps or if thier drunk, then oh well, i do feel bad for those who see it, but it happens, theres nothing to prevent idiots period

Because of the two murders, medias report more the accidents involving people falling in the track.

This trend give the idea that the subway has become "crazy".

I do wonder how platform screen doors would work in the Subway anyway if it was installed. It would be hard to install in some stations like 14th Street-Union Square due to the curve, or Grand Street because it's on a slope.

There are curved station with platform doors, it is not a problem.

The gap is covered by gap fillers.

Because of the two murders, medias report more the accidents involving people falling in the track.

This trend give the idea that the subway has become "crazy".

There are curved station with platform doors, it is not a problem.

The gap is covered by gap fillers.

You mean MTR stations in Hong Kong and Bastille in Paris?

Add Charles de Gaulle Etoile, Nation and Concorde for Paris.

About the first part of my previous message,

Statistically, there are people hit by trains every 12.5 million passengers, it means every 2.5 days.

It is mostly the media trend that give the idea that there is an epidemy.

I don't think that the rate of people hit by trains in New York is worse than in most subway systems.

Archived