Welcome to the 2013 Major & Minor League Baseball Thread

alejr88

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is with everyone getting injured on the yankees grandy broken pinky glove hand and phelps doinked on a comebacker. if it's a ploy to make the yanks become last place.... not gonna work

I was watching some of that game against the rays last night.... I didn't see when phelps got hit w/ a comebacker, but I'm not gonna lie - When I saw granderson get HBP, I chuckled & said "AGAIN... Didn't he just come back after getting HBP"....

Then early this morning, I hear that he's gonna be out for at least another month.... Incredible.

And this is his last year right? I mean if it comes down on who to cut to keep below the 189 mil mark, I think this puts him on the spot as unfair as it is. He'll have to have some monster numbers or at least strikeout less if he wants to convince the team to keep him.

Especially now that the Yankees have Boesch.

We may be seeing more of this Wells-Gardner-Ichiro and Boesch as the backup lineup next year...

And this is his last year right? I mean if it comes down on who to cut to keep below the 189 mil mark, I think this puts him on the spot as unfair as it is.

He'll have to have some monster numbers or at least strikeout less if he wants to convince the team to keep him.

Yup.... This is the last year on his contract.

I can see the yankees dumping him, even if he has a monster year.....

With the direction this team is going, they might just end up being the Bronx Bunters.... God how I hate "small ball".....

A game they should've won too... smh. Is Harvey ever gonna lose a game?

The season's too long for him not to... he's gonna have a bad game sometime. Even up to now he's had some pretty mediocre outings but the Mets have bailed him out every time.

The sad part is, this subway series doesn't mean much of anything for either team..... Both teams really have very serious (and glaringly obvious) issues.... Even if the win-loss situation was reversed in this series, I'd be saying the exact same thing.... I can't find myself to get amped up for any of these subway series games anymore - been like that for the past couple seasons now.....

What is the last best rivalry in baseball anyway? I'd even have to say the red sox/yankee rivalry isn't as potent as it used to be.....

I'm kinda glad it's only 4 games this year, but I want this thing over or turned into just 3 games like any other interleague sets. Hughes in game 1 was a big surprise pitching fairly decently, Kuroda- reliable again after that terrible Baltimore game. But I still can't believe Mo not even getting an out in game 2 and yesterday's 5 spot in the first inning (which ended up as the difference maker).

lol... as I was coming home, someone on the bus said "the mets just won their world series".....

From that quip & looking at the latter 2 replies, I take it that the bronx bunters lost tonight :lol:

Good for the Mets... Now if they can only win against other teams in the league consistently.....

The Yankees.... pfft, this squad might be the worst team in the league record-wise, had Mariano retired before season's beginning.... Don't know if they did or didn't tonight (or care), but Tex & Youkilis were supposed to return to the lineup today... They kept saying that on [MLB tonight] yesterday like both of them were the 2nd & 3rd comings of christ, and I was like "big deal, this team still stinks"..... What were they doing that was so "grand" when Granderson came back before he got plunked again.....

The sad part is, this subway series doesn't mean much of anything for either team..... Both teams really have very serious (and glaringly obvious) issues.... Even if the win-loss situation was reversed in this series, I'd be saying the exact same thing.... I can't find myself to get amped up for any of these subway series games anymore - been like that for the past couple seasons now.....

What is the last best rivalry in baseball anyway? I'd even have to say the red sox/yankee rivalry isn't as potent as it used to be.....

I find myself getting more riled up when we face Detroit or Tampa Bay myself... last season really delivered a blow to the Sox/Yankee rivalry.

As for the "natural rival" series... really, the Beltway Series is the one to watch IMO.

lol... as I was coming home, someone on the bus said "the mets just won their world series".....

From that quip & looking at the latter 2 replies, I take it that the bronx bunters lost tonight :lol:

Good for the Mets... Now if they can only win against other teams in the league consistently.....

The Yankees.... pfft, this squad might be the worst team in the league record-wise, had Mariano retired before season's beginning.... Don't know if they did or didn't tonight (or care), but Tex & Youkilis were supposed to return to the lineup today... They kept saying that on [MLB tonight] yesterday like both of them were the 2nd & 3rd comings of christ, and I was like "big deal, this team still stinks"..... What were they doing that was so "grand" when Granderson came back before he got plunked again.....

LOL... I'm going to have to agree with everything here...

I don't see the small ball approach as bad. The team can't always rely on the long ball, as look how far that got them against Detroit, they still couldn't hit for shit to win 1 or 2 friggin games. Pitching has been the only decent constant so far (dunno what happened to Phelps that day, but I'll give him another shot as he had been doing well going into the 7th inning). I'm just too tired and pissed about the sweep. That said, I just hope the team bounces back from this failure. 

I also agree that despite Boston's surprising resurgence, the real rivalry is against Detroit (owns the Yankees in the playoffs) and TB (owns the Yankees at their home).

I don't see the small ball approach as bad. The team can't always rely on the long ball, as look how far that got them against Detroit, they still couldn't hit for shit to win 1 or 2 friggin games. Pitching has been the only decent constant so far (dunno what happened to Phelps that day, but I'll give him another shot as he had been doing well going into the 7th inning). I'm just too tired and pissed about the sweep. That said, I just hope the team bounces back from this failure.

Despite the fact that I find small ball boring as hell, The Yankees don't have the personnel to execute that style of play enough for them to win games, so it's even worse.... Bad execution of a game plan is bad..... It's like the "wildcat" formation BS that the jets implemented last year; how did that work out for them offensively? So I said what I did about small ball not because I contrarily want the yankees relying on the long ball (I don't like the "feast or famine" approach either).... What would be acceptable for this team to is start hitting PERIOD ! I don't give a damn if it leaves the ballpark, or end up being a 1,2, or 3 bagger..... Just hit.

That's why I can't watch this year's team play on any regular basis.....

If that's what it takes, then we should get Lou Pinnella to be at least the bench coach to get tossed every game lol :) But whew, finally an end to that skid. And is it a surprise the Marlins go on to beat the Mets? Seems like the Marlins have the Mets' number.

And on the Marlins, how sad the attendance keeps going down. They would be better contracting now and moving the Rays to Miami. You solve 2 problems right there. The A's situation seems to be going nowhere as well, as sad as it is, I'd have to say the A's would be the most likely team to be contracted as well.

Archived