MTA Bus Operations: Repainted/Wrapped Buses

The TransitMan

Very interesting. Could only guess that they got rid of the Manhattan ads to which the Brooklyn Division hardly gets. 6626 also came from Manhattanville or East New York or Fresh Pond? And does that have any exterior roof ads ready for repaint.

6626 came from MHV and I think it doesn't have the roof line ads on it, at least on the passenger side it doesn't, but last time I saw it has regular ads.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they gonna repaint the XD60s , so far only 4761 and 4782 progress has been slow.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Supposedly, any bus that was delivered within the last 3 years or so are slated to get the blue and gold scheme eventually, which may be why they're stalling on repainting the '13 XD60s.

For all we know, they could have been waiting for Cuomo to give his blessing to unveil the new colors on Bronx routes, which he did give literally a couple of days ago.

For people interested in photographing these buses, my website, TransSee, can give you the real-time location, route and direction for buses by fleet number. The option is at the bottom of the MTA route list. It even supports commas and dashes for ranges use by the lists on the first post on this thread. (It also provides arrival predictions.)