44. The Return.

tvega961

It was nice that they put the R17 back...did they move the BU cars further in so people can board all three cars?

I'm anxious to go there myself once the R44 is open for visitors...

I went there today & was able to answer my own questions...as far as the R-44 is concerned...I was just shocked. I'm just wondering if and when they are going to prep the interior for the customers to go in, since I have a feeling it is only temporary...

I went there today & was able to answer my own questions...as far as the R-44 is concerned...I was just shocked. I'm just wondering if and when they are going to prep the interior for the customers to go in, since I have a feeling it is only temporary...

From what i'm hearing and seeing is that this R44 was redone specifically for the Museum and staying there. They wouldn't have made a big hype about it on Facebook if this was only permanent. Like they didn't say anything when the Slants were at the Museum.

From what i'm hearing and seeing is that this R44 was redone specifically for the Museum and staying there. They wouldn't have made a big hype about it on Facebook if this was only permanent. Like they didn't say anything when the Slants were at the Museum.

I'll agree with that...as someone else previously said in another post, even the numbers on the truck (which are located on the shoebeam) do not match 5240, in addition I could tell that not only was it possibly re-painted, but from looking at that front rollsign 100%, I honestly don't think that is the original either...

I have a question though - if it is "permanent", then how come they put it on the end? In other words, in about 8 months, they are going to have to move the R44 in order to get 100, 484 and 1575 out for the Holiday Nostalgia Train, right?

I'll agree with that...as someone else previously said in another post, even the numbers on the truck (which are located on the shoebeam) do not match 5240, in addition I could tell that not only was it possibly re-painted, but from looking at that front rollsign 100%, I honestly don't think that is the original either...

I have a question though - if it is "permanent", then how come they put it on the end? In other words, in about 8 months, they are going to have to move the R44 in order to get 100, 484 and 1575 out for the Holiday Nostalgia Train, right?

It would be easier to move the R44 if it were close to the tunnel,if it were at the other end of the museum they'd have to move a few cars out of the museum to move it.

It would be easier to move the R44 if it were close to the tunnel,if it were at the other end of the museum they'd have to move a few cars out of the museum to move it.

I understand...however, as of now, when facing/looking towards the tunnel and/or the Signal Tower and/or the Hoyt-Schermerhorn station, in front of the BMT D-Type Triplex 6095 is 1575, followed by 484 and 100. In front of 100 is the R44 5240.

My question is: How come the crew did not put 5240 in front of the Triplex, followed by 1575, 484 and 100? Just like @tvega961 said in post #19, if the "R44 was redone specifically for the Museum and staying there", why did they put it on the end? In the past, as far as I remember, 100, 484 & 1575 were always on the end for the crew to easily move them out for the Holiday Nostalgia Train, right?

Speaking of moves, I also noticed on the other track that the R33WF, R12 and R15 were moved on the end. Again, probably to make the lives of the crew members a little bit easier in a few months if they have to move them out for the TOMC on the Flushing Line for the All-Star Game/Home Run Derby in July, right?

I understand...however, as of now, when facing/looking towards the tunnel and/or the Signal Tower and/or the Hoyt-Schermerhorn station, in front of the BMT D-Type Triplex 6095 is 1575, followed by 484 and 100. In front of 100 is the R44 5240.

My question is: How come the crew did not put 5240 in front of the Triplex, followed by 1575, 484 and 100? Just like @tvega961 said in post #19, if the "R44 was redone specifically for the Museum and staying there", why did they put it on the end? In the past, as far as I remember, 100, 484 & 1575 were always on the end for the crew to easily move them out for the Holiday Nostalgia Train, right?

Speaking of moves, I also noticed on the other track that the R33WF, R12 and R15 were moved on the end. Again, probably to make the lives of the crew members a little bit easier in a few months if they have to move them out for the TOMC on the Flushing Line for the All-Star Game/Home Run Derby in July, right?

I don't think it's gonna be a permanent stay in the Transit Museum,it's just a temporary stay.but it may stay in the museum's fleet.

As for the TOMC,we'll have to wait and see if they'll run them for the All Star Game in July.

The R-44 was at the other end of the track today at the museum when I went there.

It's where the R-30 use to be. They moved up the R-30 and coupled the R-44 to it.

Yes, definitely worth checking it out!

Does anyone know where the R16 went? Probably Pitkin, right?

Archived