B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine is on the bus operator exam 4600 list, however he does not really post on forums such as this. I have a question in his behalf. He claimed bankruptcy last year and has terrible credit now. Will this have any effect on getting appointed to the bus operator position?

Cool thanks nycgamer18. Does anyone have any educated guess as to when they will start calling the list?

Well from the way it looks, they are still on the previous exam which they are still calling people off from. I would say late this year is when they could be sending out letters to come downtown. But its all up in the air for now. Someone will who has a low list number will let us know when they get the letter. We are all in the waiting game now.

Edited by tdevon2012

Hey guys. I was on the mta employment website applying for thw lirr assistant conductor job. I went into the my account page to look at the exams I had applied for in the past. I clicked the link for this one (bus 4600) and some message box pops up saying. Referral Source and SubSource must be answered prior to submitting an application (21250.4). I have already taken that test and received my list number lol. Does anyone know what that message means? It also popped up when I hit the link for the conductor 6601 which I had applied for back in September.

I had applied to take the conductor exam 6601. Did anyone on here apply for that test as well and did anyone hear when the test will be?

I applied for that exam as well & according to the mta website, this exam will be given on April 9, 2016

First, if you click here, there is another thread dedicated to the Conductor 6601 Exam. Next, as per this webpage, as a result of the high volume of applicants, there will be multiple exam dates - April 9th, 10th, 23rd, 24th, May 7th, 8th, 21st and 22nd.

Finally, although you members are fairly new, there is a section on the Rules page about Posting in the Relevant Forum.

Thanks.

Hey nycsubwayfan thanks for the heads up on the conductor info. My apologies for posting that on this thread. Hey nycsubwayfan you seem educated on this kind of stuff.... I have an odd question. It's probably nothing. When you go on the mta employment website and click on the link that says my activities, it shows all the positions that you applied for with mta. If you click this job the bus operator one, a pop up message appears saying referral source and SubSource must be answered prior to submitting an application. (21250,4). Do you have any clue what that means?

Hey nycsubwayfan thanks for the heads up on the conductor info. My apologies for posting that on this thread. Hey nycsubwayfan you seem educated on this kind of stuff.... I have an odd question. It's probably nothing. When you go on the mta employment website and click on the link that says my activities, it shows all the positions that you applied for with mta. If you click this job the bus operator one, a pop up message appears saying referral source and SubSource must be answered prior to submitting an application. (21250,4). Do you have any clue what that means?

Your apology is accepted. Please try not to make the same mistake again.

As far as your question about the MTA employment website, let me elaborate as far as what happened to me:

With the old software before their upgrade, I had two accounts - one for the civil service job postings, like this, and one for the job postings, like Staff Analyst, which require a college degree and some relevant experience, since I do have a graduate degree. The reason why I use the past tense (had) is because I am now locked out of both of these accounts. To this date, I don't know if the technical error is either my fault or their fault.

Because of this error, I have been in touch with someone from the Technology Dept. at the MTA Business Service Center regarding this. Therefore, as far as the answer to your question is concerned, in my opinion, just take a good guess and go with it. As you can already tell, I'm not fond of their newest on-line software....

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan

Ah I see. Ok cool thanks for the explanation. I guess I will call mta hr department and see why it's giving that message. Hopefully it doesn't have any impact on anything. Thanks again nycsubwayfan

You're welcome. At least you're still able to log in to your account. I'm not.