SEE IT: Daredevils subway surf over Williamsburg Bridge

R188 7857

NEW YORK (PIX11) – It’s called subway surfing and a new video gives us a glimpse at this insanely dangerous activity.

Two people recorded themselves taking the risky ride on the outside of the “J” train over the Williamsburg Bridge.

It is also known as skylarking.

MTA records show at least 13 people have been killed while subway surfing since 1989.

Just a couple of months ago, a Brooklyn teen nearly died while subway surfing.

The MTA has not responded to this latest video.

Read more: http://pix11.com/2014/01/25/see-it-daredevils-subway-surf-over-williamsburg-bridge/#ixzz2rTIGolAu

It's one of those things you have to try at least once in you life if you ask me.

I know the subsequent replies will be mainly people bitching (which is why I didn't post this) so it goes without saying that some need to seek some thrill in life, if not from acts lie this then from other sources.

Then with that being said, it can then be said that it's obvious that the subway system is not the place to go seeking thrills. It's not a theme park and the one or few who do decide to go down there seeking thrills are pulling their own life on the line, but also are putting the mental stability of others on the line if they shall fail as most do!

Let's also note the fact this footage is backwards. They grabbed the back of the train and flipped it so it looked like they were on the front.

Also, I don't think this is something you have to try once in your life. I did plenty of stupid things as a teenager. Never this. Other stupid things lol, but not this.

They say sky-diving is something you have to try once in your life...it'll definitely be the last time if god-forbid something goes wrong.

Anyways, since a few people already pointed out the same type of responses like 'idiot, stupid, and/or retard' I don't really have anything contribute but the above statement.

I heard the Darwin Award is given to the person who does the stupidest thing. These surfers are most certainly going to get one........

My youtube comment was literally "Future dawin award winners..."

Specifically, the darwin awards are given to the people who die in the stupidest manner - the award being that they've done a service to the gene pool by removing themselves from it. 

A bunch of killjoys is what many of you are.

Yes, well - no. As thrilling as this might be, regardless of stupidity, it's also incredibly inconsiderate. 

If you have no regard for your own life and you want to seek dangerous thrills - great, go for it, I'm not going to kill your joy. 

But in this scenario, if you are to fail, your death would be very disruptive to a lot of people who are just trying to get home, and potentially very expensive to taxpayers and subway riders. So - feel free to risk your own life in a manner that isn't so inconsiderate to thousands upon thousands of people. 

I hope this guy gets arrested. 

(criminal tresspass, reckless endangerment, disorderly conduct)

My youtube comment was literally "Future dawin award winners..."

Specifically, the darwin awards are given to the people who die in the stupidest manner - the award being that they've done a service to the gene pool by removing themselves from it.

In which case, it's awarded posthumously.....

This happens soo often. Around maybe 3-4 people do this a day. Its a new thing right now, some people record it and post it, some just make post about them doing it. Seems as if the hot lines to do it is the L, J, M, E, and 4. Of course, this happens around 9-11pm on days, and on the weekends, late nights.

People hype this up on social networking sites, and when I read the comments I laugh because apparently they know what they are doing. So I guess until people start getting hurt, kids my age will keep doing it. Age range=16-20

I hope that these kids understand that when people say "Get on the train", they really mean "Get IN the train". Either way, it is their risk, and if  one of them gets injured, that the MTA doesn't have to pay for their stupidity. 

By the way, why would someone go surfing on the E train? Isn't it all underground?

You didnt read the article? You can go surfing on all trains....its not riding on the top of the trains, its riding on the back...hanging outside the cab door. So you can do it on any train

Just saying that most of the people that are seen surfing are mostly on those lines. And the people who are even riskier hold on to the side of the train....

You didnt read the article? You can go surfing on all trains....its not riding on the top of the trains, its riding on the back...hanging outside the cab door. So you can do it on any train

Right, but some cars are harder to hold onto the back than others, you can tell just looking at them. Look at a 46 for one, can't imagine someone actually hanging on to that, sure there's "pros" out there that can do it though.

The 160s seem to be the easiest with the grab bars and decent sized step.

Right, but some cars are harder to hold onto the back than others, you can tell just looking at them. Look at a 46 for one, can't imagine someone actually hanging on to that, sure there's "pros" out there that can do it though.

The 160s seem to be the easiest with the grab bars and decent sized step.

Yeahh werdd, the lines I mentioned are R160s and i guess the R142s can do the same since there was someone on the 4.

Archived