Woman takes $1000 cab ride, then says she can’t pay

Turbo19

taxi1.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
TAKEN FOR A RIDE: Cabdriver Adnan Chaudhury (left) says he was stiffed by Denise Rebelato, here in an online pic.

A woman hailed a yellow cab at JFK to take her 200 miles to her suburban Boston home — then stiffed the driver on the $980 fare, authorities said Friday.

Denise Rebelato, 31, of Framingham was arrested for allegedly stealing the four-hour ride and scolded by cops and a judge for not taking a cheaper way home.

“From New York? From New York, you said? That’s how much it costs?” asked Framingham District Court Judge Robert Greco. “They have buses.”

Rebelato arrived from her native Brazil Wednesday afternoon and had allegedly agreed on the price with cabby Adnan Chaudhury.

She asked him to take I-95, then called him a “moron” for going that way, Chaudhury, 28, told The Post.

When they arrived at her home, she said she couldn’t pay him, the cabby said.

Read More: Source

Denise Rebelato, typical female sociopath on the move. She brings this driver on a spree, rips him off on $980 dollars total, a months worth of rent, claims she just came from Brazil then threatens to call Obama because her son was abused. What was this? It looks like something out of a reality TV stunt on the next episode of the real housewives.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it was to pay for her undercover meth habit. One only knows.

Well regardless of speculation made on your idiocy shown in your intent to steal as demonstrated here I wish you the best with your addition to your criminal record resume with pending civil lawsuit in small claims court as well as a criminal trial for theft if you dont pay up what you owe you fool.

I think they are both morons to be honest. What cabbie in NY would really agree to drive from NY to Boston. Then what moron would realize it'll probably be cheaper to take a shuttle plan from NY to Boston, have her direct flight to Boston. Ugh.

I think they are both morons to be honest. What cabbie in NY would really agree to drive from NY to Boston. Then what moron would realize it'll probably be cheaper to take a shuttle plan from NY to Boston, have her direct flight to Boston. Ugh.

It equally amazes me how incredibly stupid some people can be, you are not the only one. We do have a brain for a reason but I guess some are just not in the know. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Cabbies will go anywhere for the right price.  4 hours for a $980.00 isn't bad... He probably figured he'd get a tip too...You have some people that just take cabs everywhere and will pay top dollar to be chauffeured around. All he had to pay for was the gas since he probably charged for tolls and if you're lucky enough to pick up someone along the way going back even better.

But the point is he never got paid......

People asked why he drove there and I explained why.  For those who are stiffed like this guy, plenty are paid for those long distance trips.  I used to take cabs on Staten Island a lot and was amazed at some of the calls I would hear on the radio about where people wanted to go, so I'm not too shocked by this one.

Cabbies will go anywhere for the right price.  4 hours for a $980.00 isn't bad... He probably figured he'd get a tip too...You have some people that just take cabs everywhere and will pay top dollar to be chauffeured around. All he had to pay for was the gas since he probably charged for tolls and if you're lucky enough to pick up someone along the way going back even better.

For the right price? Did you even take a look at that picture? It's a NYC cab not a livery cab, barely any NYC cab I've seen would go outside of the NYC region.

For the right price? Did you even take a look at that picture? It's a NYC cab not a livery cab, barely any NYC cab I've seen would go outside of the NYC region.

lol Yes, I looked at it. You're right, you still have those types that won't go outside of Manhattan even, but that seems to be changing too to some extent.  

Old school hustle.... Not surprised by this either, for reasons that VG8 stated....

I don't condone what ole girl did (matter fact, I'm laughing at the fact she got arrested), but I do not feel for this cab driver at all.....

This particular cabbie decided to take that chance (driving to some Boston from JFK) & got burned by doing it..... 

i didn't even know cabs are allowed to leave ny state lines

There was a story in the Daily News a couple years back about how a cabbie got paid in the neighborhood of 5 to 10 grand to drive them to their retirement home in Arizona.

There was a story in the Daily News a couple years back about how a cabbie got paid in the neighborhood of 5 to 10 grand to drive them to their retirement home in Arizona.

Wait a minute (thanks for bringing this up as a springboard so we may delve further two thumbs up), thats a clear violation according to the taxi and Limosine commision rules. taxis are not allowed to go beyond a 8 mile radius. With that in mind I will mention that the drive to Boston being about 3 miles, that is permitted by the Taxi and Limosine Commision. But the fact remains this sociopathic woman (trying to exclude epithaths here to explain how i really think of this woman hint hint) obviosly committed a crime, she should be slapped with criminal charges and be sued in civil court for damages and teach this woman a lesson in life:

You are niot immune to the law just because of projected feelings of female privilage fueled senses of entitlement.

Apparent because of her ridiculous claim that her son was abused when busted in the act as a lame excuse. LOL how stupid.

NY to Boston is definitely not 3 miles. I think you mean 3 hours...definitely not 3 miles.

Whoops, I meant three hours in change for the trip to Boston. And taxis being not permitted to drive beyond a 8 hour radius as per the Taxi and Limosine Commission. They can have their medallions revoked if they repeadedly violate that rule. Thanks for the correction. (mixing myself up with study material in class as I write this)

Honestly, this lady sounds like she has significant emotional stability problems and impulsivity issues and can use some mental health. I really don't get the sense that she tried to rip him off. She does not seem to be totally in touch with reality. The cabbie should have asked for money upfront.  

Honestly, this lady sounds like she has significant emotional stability problems and impulsivity issues and can use some mental health. I really don't get the sense that she tried to rip him off. She does not seem to be totally in touch with reality. The cabbie should have asked for money upfront.  

Thank you thats what I was saying exactly so, and I was serious too.

That may be why she made misjudgements like that. Not judging these are symptoms psychiatrists truly look for in diagnosis of depression MPD, ADHD, BP etc etc in assessing how to go about treatment.

Doesnt change imho the fact that she was wrong for ripping off the driver, she does need to share accountability for her actions.

Thank you thats what I was saying exactly so, and I was serious too.

That may be why she made misjudgements like that. Not judging these are symptoms psychiatrists truly look for in diagnosis of depression MPD, ADHD, BP etc etc in assessing how to go about treatment.

Doesnt change imho the fact that she was wrong for ripping off the driver, she does need to share accountability for her actions.

Exactly. She will have to repay it, possibly serve a little jail time or community service, and will hopefully be ordered to get mental healthcare as well. 

Taxi drivers allowed to leave state.

I remember there was one Brooklyn family who went to Arizona by NYC Yellow Taxi which taxi driver of that taxi brought them to Arizona and made into Guiness World Record for most longest taxi trip.

She should have paid the taxi fare because that taxi driver brought her all the way to CT.

Wait a minute (thanks for bringing this up as a springboard so we may delve further two thumbs up), thats a clear violation according to the taxi and Limosine commision rules. taxis are not allowed to go beyond a 8 mile radius. With that in mind I will mention that the drive to Boston being about 3 miles, that is permitted by the Taxi and Limosine Commision. But the fact remains this sociopathic woman (trying to exclude epithaths here to explain how i really think of this woman hint hint) obviosly committed a crime, she should be slapped with criminal charges and be sued in civil court for damages and teach this woman a lesson in life:

You are niot immune to the law just because of projected feelings of female privilage fueled senses of entitlement.

Apparent because of her ridiculous claim that her son was abused when busted in the act as a lame excuse. LOL how stupid.

I don't know where you got that information from but it is wrong. There is no such TLC rule stating taxi cabs cannot go farther than an 8 mile radius or even a time limit like 3 or 8 hour radius. This is completely false. A taxi cab driver can take a fare as far as he wants. It is completely up to the driver to negotiate a fare with the customer. The TLC cant revoke a medallion for that either. You need to get your information from credible sources next time.

And from reading the first page of responses, you guys sound like a group of misogynistic angry young men calling this girl dumb bitch, psychopath, sociopath etc.

I think you guys have some deep seeded emotional issues to attack a woman you don't know, or even to generalize women in such a way you guys have done. You sound like people who have no luck with women and take it out on them. You guys are acting like this woman took the money out of your pockets and the food off of your tables by taking this cab ride and not paying. Grow the F! up.

When it comes down to it, this driver should have made sure to secure payment a head of time.

Any cab driver in right mind would have got cash up front for that kind of fare. Thing about it NO airport shuttle will pick you up for that distance with out a prepayment. The cab driver should have done the same thing! I hope she gets deported back to Brazil for this.

Archived