Bedbugs found on at least three N line subway trains

Harry

Bed bugs don't give a shit if it's fabric, vinyl or hard plastic. They can and will live anywhere. Getting rid of fabric seats won't make it stop. Researchers are working on modifying bed bug genes so the queens eat their kids, but you can see how it would be difficult to have that band of the bug to take over the native population.

Actually you are incorrect about that.  They prefer living in environments that are nice and comfy, hence why they are called bedbugs... They can survive anywhere, yes, but they prefer areas where they can hide.  They can't do that on hard plastic seats, as they would more likely be discovered.  They survive well mainly because they can hide, which allows them to multiply without being discovered.

---

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/bedbug-woes-related-n-line-article-1.1894735

Anywho, apparently they're discovering more of them... This is why they shouldn't allow people to stay on the trains after the last stop because it encourages the homeless to set up shop and basically live on the subways (they already do to a certain extent), and it is no secret that they carry all sorts of things.  If they don't have to get off, then it's likely that more of them could appear thus making the problem worse.  The subway has seats with climate control, so it's perfect when it's hot out and tolerable when it's cold out.

I would pay to see VG8's reaction if he were to see a bedbug on the MNRR or on his express bus.

It's less likely on MNRR because of the leather seats.  The express buses tend to have the soft fabric covers swapped out fairly often, and neither service has an issue with vagrants/vagabonds like the subways, so it's less likely though not impossible. 

Bedbugs don't care what social class you're from...Riverdale to Bushwick, rich, poor, or upper middle class, everyone is a target

That's not the point at all... People of all classes can get them, as my co-worker had them and she lives on the Upper East Side/Yorkville area.  We were talking about the types of environments where they can be found, and given that the subway tends to have vagrants, I'm actually surprised that they haven't found them sooner and more cases of them.  If vagrants were found on Metro-North and or the express bus, I'm sure they would be there too, especially the express buses, since they have the soft plush seats.

A employee probably bought the bedbugs onto these N trains.. homeless people don't ride in cabs.

And I rarely ever saw homeless ride the two lines out of CI that uses these cars. Either a employee bought them on these trains or these bedbugs originally lived in the tunnel between Canal and City Hall and crawled into a layed up N trains is my guess.

A employee probably bought the bedbugs onto these N trains.. homeless people don't ride in cabs.

And I rarely ever saw homeless ride the two lines out of CI that uses these cars. Either a employee bought them on these trains or these bedbugs originally lived in the tunnel between Canal and City Hall and crawled into a layed up N trains is my guess.

I don't either, but someone posted on the Daily News website that they see them riding those lines out of Coney Island.

Bedbugs are not cool and its endemic to NYC so one has to make sure his place, mattress, etc is immaculately clean. All holes that are rat openings close them up. Vacuum properly. Its around this time of year they start to multiply like roaches.

Archived