Show Off your Desktop

(E)(F)(M)(R)... Which is PAINFULLY SLOW and the LIRR is overpriced and uncomfortable... Yeah that's like Fieldston... Same thing... Streets are privately owned.... I think Forest Hills Gardens may have fewer mansions but still very elegant and quaint. A co-worker of mine went out there and was considering buying out there.

Your give and take! (E) & the (F) can be fast when they want to, cut 'em some slack...LIRR may have some truth in that, but still beats the subway to Manhattan. Yep, Fieldston, I walked in there once (long story, can explain it if you wish) - and boy, is it elegant!. I often go to the Gardens to walk around there, reflect, and often dream - dream about hopefully living there one day.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your give and take! (E) & the (F) can be fast when they want to, cut 'em some slack...LIRR may have some truth in that, but still beats the subway to Manhattan. Yep, Fieldston, I walked in there once (long story, can explain it if you wish) - and boy, is it elegant!. I often go to the Gardens to walk around there, reflect, and often dream - dream about hopefully living there one day.

lol... The only part of Riverdale I'm not wild about is Northern Riverdale, but I'm very fond of Central Riverdale, Spuyten Duyvil/Southern Riverdale and Fieldston. The architecture all over Riverdale can be stunning and even the ordinary Co-op is well kept. What I'm always amazed by is how perfect the lawns are... Forest Hill Gardens has the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the horror :P

[image removed]

maybe I'll actually finish that list one day.

Its a handy way to store mental notes I guess.

(E)(F)(M)(R)... Which is PAINFULLY SLOW and the LIRR is overpriced and uncomfortable... Yeah that's like Fieldston... Same thing... Streets are privately owned.... I think Forest Hills Gardens may have fewer mansions but still very elegant and quaint. A co-worker of mine went out there and was considering buying out there.

the (E)/(F) arent too bad out there. The LIRR isnt that bad, they have the same seats on Metro-North. I find the Shoreliners to be less comfortable than the C3s since the shoreliners' windowsills are too high to rest your arm on. Ive been on plenty of long trips on those Shoreliners, I went to Waterbury, Wassaic and Poughkeepsie before. Somehow Metro North seems more expensive to go out on long trips with. I remember paying like almost 40 bucks round trip for waterbury but greenport didnt seem that much.

the (E)/(F) arent too bad out there. The LIRR isnt that bad, they have the same seats on Metro-North. I find the Shoreliners to be less comfortable than the C3s since the shoreliners' windowsills are too high to rest your arm on. Ive been on plenty of long trips on those Shoreliners, I went to Waterbury, Wassaic and Poughkeepsie before. Somehow Metro North seems more expensive to go out on long trips with. I remember paying like almost 40 bucks round trip for waterbury but greenport didnt seem that much.

I dunno... I just seemed that the LIRR trains sway so much for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my mess of a desktop at work at the moment as I write this, fighting with group policies to get the control panel back on all the workstations in the office that was disabled for some reason while posting away on this forum lol:

work2m.jpg

Does it actually let you run it as "ip config" and not "ipconfig"?

Does it actually let you run it as "ip config" and not "ipconfig"?

Yes that's correct, it will not go. I put in the space by mistake at the time. Too busy posting on the forum when I took the screenshot. It has to be be "ipconfig /renew , or /release, or /all, or /? etc " or else it will say " 'ip' is not recognized as an internal or external command....." usually used to find IPv4/6 adresses, default gateways or the connection state. The info is needed to connect via Remote Desktop or to reset proxy server connections on a LAN for example if i want to access a computer in another offivce in another building even with administrator permissions.

Windows powershell is insanely case sensitive.

Edited by realizm

Let me add that simply getting the computer workstation name through some tricks in the control panel can get you the info to crack into a clients computer as a secondary option. Admittably I'm new to the IT game myself and I'm still learning, I'll admit that. Making money though and I'm on my way.....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My desktop got cluttered too much on the Windows end that i decided to put most of them on folders to make it easier to access lol.

Upgraded the specs on this MacBook Pro from 4GB DDR3 to 8GB DDR3, and upgraded the HDD for the second time from 320GB to 1TB (originally was shipped with a 250GB HDD)

WinS_zpsa452fb29.png

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...