Show Off your Desktop

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This is my desktop very simple amd sound. I do not like to stuff my desktop with many icons it creates a bad impression of the opening interface of your PC.

I sometimes keep some good postures like positive quotes from great national leaders or great personalities like Gautam Buddha, Mahatma Gandhi, Steve Jobs etc.

IMAG0074.jpg

lol... I just finished eating lunch so my office looks a bit civilized.... Anywho, the desktop background is a shot I took in Milan of the Pirelli tower. My laptop background is a shot Seven Eleven took of a BxM18 turning onto Kappock St in Spuyten Duyvil (Riverdale). I have tons of desktop icons but I hid them because certain folks can be rather nosy to put it mildly. <_<

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Very nice... Is that in Queens?

Yes it is....Forest Hills Gardens, to be exact. It is one of my favorite areas in all of Queens, because it is so tranquil...for a minute, it kinda feels like, ~gasp~ a model of a leafy suburb in the city, yet close to public transportation. Crossing the LIRR trestle over 71/Continental can sure mark a line in which there are polar opposites on each sides.

Yes it is....Forest Hills Gardens, to be exact. It is one of my favorite areas in all of Queens, because it is so tranquil...for a minute, it kinda feels like, ~gasp~ a model of a leafy suburb in the city, yet close to public transportation. Crossing the LIRR trestle over 71/Continental can sure mark a line in which there are polar opposites on each sides.

I figured so.... The housing stock is so elegant and it has a lot of greenery as well... Just needs more express buses and it would really be my cup of tea. :lol:

I figured so.... The housing stock is so elegant and it has a lot of greenery as well... Just needs more express buses and it would really be my cup of tea. :lol:

Well, they have the LIRR. And the QM12 (which runs on the outer fringes of the Gardens, since the streets are privately owned.), which, (sorry!), runs weekdays only. All else fails, you have, the ~gasp~ subway at Forest Hills-71st Ave. (E)(F)(M)(R)

Well, they have the LIRR. And the QM12 (which runs on the outer fringes of the Gardens, since the streets are privately owned.), which, (sorry!), runs weekdays only. All else fails, you have, the ~gasp~ subway at Forest Hills-71st Ave. (E)(F)(M)(R)

(E)(F)(M)(R)... Which is PAINFULLY SLOW and the LIRR is overpriced and uncomfortable... Yeah that's like Fieldston... Same thing... Streets are privately owned.... I think Forest Hills Gardens may have fewer mansions but still very elegant and quaint. A co-worker of mine went out there and was considering buying out there.