Bee's New 2008 Orion V's!

East New York

So here's some news about Bee-Line's new "Cat Daddy." As we all know, Bee has 39 2008 Orion V Suburbans on order. The new buses will be powered by the powerful Caterpillar C13 ACERT and Allison B500R. The Cat engine is a in-line 6 cylinder, 4-stroke diesel, that has slightly improved fuel economy over its competitors. It's rated at about 345 horses, and sound like it can kill a Cummins in a take-off! 801 is delivered, and about 20 more should be coming in soon. I'll keep you all posted!

Also looks like the official #'s will be 801-839

I was kinda hoping that beeline would get some MCI D4500s in its fleet, but it would be awsome to see some one door suburban Orion V buses in its fleet!

I can agree with Bee-Lines decision here. Why run overweight 45ft OTR coaches for short haul express runs. Waste of money and fuel. Luggage bays aren't being used, so no need for those buses. I wonder if NYAS is going to buy a few 102-A2s from Bee-Line......

I can agree with Bee-Lines decision here. Why run overweight 45ft OTR coaches for short haul express runs. Waste of money and fuel. Luggage bays aren't being used, so no need for those buses. I wonder if NYAS is going to buy a few 102-A2s from Bee-Line......
I'm sure they will, they even bought GO Transit MCI coaches! :eek:

The bus looks alright, I just wish they would change the design a bit. Since this will be the last high floor, when production ends, it should end with something new :D

Sounds on the other hand, im very interested in hearing

I wonder how much this bus has in common with the single-door buses delivered to Translink in Vancouver, BC.

this is why I love the Orion V! this is probably one of the main buses thats kept its design almost Original without any fancy crap time to see those videos now of them in action

The bus looks alright, I just wish they would change the design a bit. Since this will be the last high floor, when production ends, it should end with something new :(

Sounds on the other hand, im very interested in hearing

last high floor for what?

I dont believe it!?!?...couldnt be every new bus though? because look at what MCI makes for Transport and you cant forget about the gillig phantom...I know you new york folks hate the phantom but cant forget about those lol

when will they cancel the production of the 5? I hope not anytime soon cancel the VII if anything!

• 1 month later...

During the MBS ths past month I was on a tour at the Orion Plant in Mississauga and we were told during the tour that the Orion V's we were seeing were going to be the LAST V's built by Orion. The ones at the plant at the time were for Sanoma (I think that's in California??). SO I guess these new Orion V's for Bee Line are going to be their last ones.

I seen that bus Sunday on Central Park Avenue (across from Kohl's). It's not as loud as the Cummins, and actually sounded quite smooth. I would love to see one Bee-Lines Orion Cummins vs. one of their Orion Cat's in a take off.....

Uh-oh, bus drag racing down Central Park Avenue........

Archived