Winter Pick Rumors

T J Trainman

Q53 to JFK isn't happening right away unless they straighten things out with the unions and they're able to by the winter pick. It's more likely gonna be the next pick especially if SBS is coming next year. It should be going back to LGA for now for the winter pick.

They were considering giving Spring Creek the Q8. Since it literally ends right by the depot.

I don't know if that issue's been resolved with these contracts. SC is under ATU 1181, JFK is ATU 1179, 1181 doesn't want 1179's work and 1179 doesn't want 1181 to get theirs. The issue with the 53 is between 1179 and TWU 100 at LGA/CP and I don't know if 1181's new contracts also allow for moves between the unions.

Them losing the Q8 isn't gonna solve anything with TWU. TWU is gonna want a big route or a few of them for giving up the 53.

If the Q53 goes to JFK, CP will need to gain a route and JFK will definitely have to lose one.
So the Q50 and Q64 are said to return to CP I can see the Q11/Q21 going to LGA with the Q29 and maybe the Q19 going to CP. Why the Q29 because it uses less buses than the Q23.

I think they want all of Woodhaven under JFK. 

Q53 to JFK isn't happening right away unless they straighten things out with the unions and they're able to by the winter pick. It's more likely gonna be the next pick especially if SBS is coming next year. It should be going back to LGA for now for the winter pick.

I don't know if that issue's been resolved with these contracts. SC is under ATU 1181, JFK is ATU 1179, 1181 doesn't want 1179's work and 1179 doesn't want 1181 to get theirs. The issue with the 53 is between 1179 and TWU 100 at LGA/CP and I don't know if 1181's new contracts also allow for moves between the unions.

Them losing the Q8 isn't gonna solve anything with TWU. TWU is gonna want a big route or a few of them for giving up the 53.

I think they want all of Woodhaven under JFK. 

I said it was one idea they had i didnt say it would solve anything...

So what would JFK lose because the Q53 would require a lot of buses. The Q8 moving to spring creek caused problems and FR was never a major depot to begin with. Everything went to JFK to be fixed anyway except for very small things.

But wouldn't Spring Creek need more buses if the Q8 goes to Spring Creek. And where would they get more buses from if they needed too ?

One of my regular drivers has told me that all bus operators already have standing orders to go no faster than 20 on city streets.

That's basically always been the case with NYCT. Some ops follow it some don't. MTA Bus on the other hand drivers always seem to go at a more normal speed, hell there's places where they'll run at regular car speed like on Crossbay through the flats.

Really? Some express bus ops didn't get the memo in brooklyn

Doubt they expect em to go 20 on the BQE.

IF JFK gets the Q53, LGA would mostlikely get the express routes from JFK/FR, i would give the Q60 to BP (half of it) do something like the Q32 with different unions on one line, the deadhead would be much easier or LGA/BP split the Q60 (even better for deadhead time) from both ends and LGA could interline the Q60 with the 101 while BP could interline the Q60 with the Q111 or 112

MTA Bus on the other hand drivers always seem to go at a more normal speed, hell there's places where they'll run at regular car speed like on Crossbay through the flats.

this was what I was referring to regarding the speeding

not just xpress I see it o the 100/103 must be a sc thing

IF JFK gets the Q53, LGA would mostlikely get the express routes from JFK/FR, i would give the Q60 to BP (half of it) do something like the Q32 with different unions on one line, the deadhead would be much easier or LGA/BP split the Q60 (even better for deadhead time) from both ends and LGA could interline the Q60 with the 101 while BP could interline the Q60 with the Q111 or 112

I feel like the union is going to fuss about it especially being split.

Still doesn't mean LGA will be better maintenance wise

Everyone makes it seem like their buses are the worst in the world. They looked and sounded alright when I rode some LGA routes. They still have about 80 1996 buses so of course an 18 year old bus will have problems vs something that is 5 years old. And if that is the case then maybe CP and LGA should swap again. LGA takes back their express routes and CP takes in some locals. The express routes they had weren't used heavily as the QM1/5/6/7/8 and QM2/QM20 are.

LGA isn't getting another bus type right now. They are actually losing 1 bus type the MCI cruisers......

Which in my opinion is a mistake. LGA should have less maintance to do so that helps them keep up with the buses they have. With MCI's that operate on routes that are not heavily used that allows the workers to focus on keeping the local fleet in shape. I'm not saying they should totally ignore the express buses but if they hey are not being used heavily then there is no need for constant maintance like local buses.

2 things # 1 LGAs MCIs are almost in excellent shape. Thats obvious they are only used weekday rush hours other times they just take up needed space that could be used for more local buses. # 2 when the MTA took over TCC, the MTA clearly said that LGA will become an ALL local line depot.

I have a question regarding the Q-53. What do the unions need to do in order to get the line moved from CP to JFK/FR? Just incase it does get moved? Has this happened before? Besides the Q-32 thing some years ago? Thanks to whom ever responds.

There's new contracts up that allow routes to be moved between the unions at MTA Bus. ATU and TWU have to approve it then the 53 can be moved to JFK.

NYCT and the 32 are a different animal. I believe they've had some kind of ruling that their routes belong to NYCT and not the unions so NYCT is free to move routes to any depot it wants. That's why you have the Q32 out of CS and CS doing school trippers on the Q58 and TWU can't do anything about ATU doing "their" work. That ruling did not cover MTA Bus though.

NYCT and the 32 are a different animal. I believe they've had some kind of ruling that their routes belong to NYCT and not the unions so NYCT is free to move routes to any depot it wants. That's why you have the Q32 out of CS and CS doing school trippers on the Q58 and TWU can't do anything about ATU doing "their" work. That ruling did not cover MTA Bus though.

So technically the Q44 can be moved to West Farm and the there will be no problem with that as long as WF can handle that line which I know they can't at the moment.

Archived