MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

1307, Prevost unit at College Point isn't scrapped. Although, the unit won't enter service because of an accident said by Linden Place and Whitestone Expressway. This happened last year and 2 months ago, December 2021. 

6690: Old Gen unit was scrapped

Also, 4413: Queens Village retired from passenger service. Previously said to be awaiting approval to scrap. Queens Village has a total of 14 Next Gen units for now. 

Edited by Calvin

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The following MCIs are retired from express passenger service: 

3178: The unit did finished service from a reply few days ago. However, currently, there's no farebox on the said unit at LGA. 

3300: LaGuardia MCI no longer has the farebox no longer in-use on-board and moved to the recent delivered Prevost.  

3011, 3048 and 3057: These College Point units do not have fareboxes on them and aren't used in-service. 

Edited by Calvin
3011, 3048, 3057 and 3178 had a previous reply on being finished for service but, is retired to clairfy.

* All these units mentioned are scrap at Eastchester.

4075: finished service at Queens Village 

3773: Baisley Park (now confirmed as retired)

3177: College Point

What’s also scrap is 4113 and 4273. 

4446: mentioned as scrap from LGA present at ECH with no farebox 

3636: mentioned at JFK retired is scrap seen that it was hooked to a tow truck by the lot 

Edited by Calvin

27 minutes ago, The Grizzly Bear said:

Why aren't these NGs sent to JFK FR or BP to finish off the OGs?  These NG Buses are getting retired too quickly. 

If I remember correctly, the retired Next Gens few weeks ago or months were not capable to run over to MTA Bus due to the conditions they were in (mileage is part of it). However, the recent ones, 4531 and 4532 were accepted and are able to run to MTA Bus, hence them being sent to LGA. They [JFK] could get a few from LGA like BP with 4204 and 4278 but, it depends if LGA wants to send them there. 

For now, JFK and BP seem to have the OGs running because the NGs have more problems than their remaining OGs to be retired. They (OGs) might be retired if they have the future Nova order in effect. 

Edited by Calvin

19 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Whoever is doing the CPTDB editing still has it retired, that’s why I said it.

If it's a CPTDB issue, mention it on CPTDB. They have a page on their forums for the MTA, which they use to update those wiki sites. They pull some of their info from here, but this forum ain't the place to fix their roster 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

If it's a CPTDB issue, mention it on CPTDB. They have a page on their forums for the MTA, which they use to update those wiki sites. They pull some of their info from here, but this forum ain't the place to fix their roster 🤷‍♂️

I’m not sure why this is becoming a big deal, I see people repeat things on here all the time. 

6 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

6 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Whoever is doing the CPTDB editing still has it retired, that’s why I said it.

I'm one the few who edit on CPTDB. I fixed 3389 on CPTDB. I think I may've put it as retired and I didn't see when someone said it was still active. Sorry about that there's a lot of inaccuracies I have to fix on it right now 🥲 

I also suggest to not really rely on the CPTDB wiki as well as they might not be accurate and even I can't keep up with all retirements and false alarms. Sorry for the misunderstanding as well.

Edited by DCTransitFilms

6 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

I'm one the few who edit on CPTDB. I fixed 3389 on CPTDB. I think I may've put it as retired and I didn't see when someone said it was still active. Sorry about that there's a lot of inaccuracies I have to fix on it right now 🥲 

I also suggest to not really rely on the CPTDB wiki as well as they might not be accurate and even I can't keep up with all retirements and false alarms. Sorry for the misunderstanding as well.

Thank you for being mature about it.

I knew it was someone on this thread I just couldn’t remember your username or I would’ve DM’ed you.

2 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Just a note: 4546 has not been scrapped. Its in service at JFK.

Lately, there are recent Next Gens from NYCT that do not have trackers but they do have their farebox with MTA Bus codes from what I've noticed for past units. 4630 out of LGA is one of them and was spotted doing a run on the Q33 to Roosevelt Av train station. Others such as 4233 and 4601 in different locations.  

Edited by Calvin
A note for upcoming Next Gens to be retired

5 minutes ago, Calvin said:

There are recent Next Gens from NYCT that do not have trackers but they do have their farebox with MTA Bus codes. 4630 out of LGA is one of them and was spotted doing a run on the Q33 to Roosevelt Av train station. 

Already knew that tidbit. I only made mention of this as the bus was reported as scrap back in January, but nobody mentioned it moved to JFK on these forums.

On 2/26/2023 at 6:22 PM, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Its been sitting at Eastchester for a few months, grouped with other buses that are held due to accidents.

1224 was scrapped due to a blown engine, this one will not be repaired. 

5476 is a flood bus pending repairs. 

Edited by TransitMan0251