Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
The TransitMan

MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

It is now time for all Orion OG models to be Retired.

The 2006-2007 ones have not start the process of retirement yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harry said:

 

What is with artics and catching fire?!?! 😭

Also, how many 12xx’s has been damaged so far? There’s 1205 from a while ago and 1225 with the branch going through the roof. I feel like I’m missing one or two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

6606, 6650, 6668, 6684 removed from service

R.I.P. to the Ex East New York and Fresh Pond unit.... 😞

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Nice. Just wondering when ENY or FP will start getting rid of theirs. 

Probably anytime now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Nice. Just wondering when ENY or FP will start getting rid of theirs. 

My guess would be as the delivery of LFS allows. Then September 2nd will be the big day once the XD60s displace a bunch of Grand's 40 footers bc of B38 articulation. I'm still clueless as to what the deal is with Q12 articulation but that should free up some more 40 footers. THen whenever 7850-7905 roll in...

--

Update: Speaking of the devil, 6562-6563 removed from service (FP)

Edited by Orion6025

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

My guess would be as the delivery of LFS allows. Then September 2nd will be the big day once the XD60s displace a bunch of Grand's 40 footers bc of B38 articulation. I'm still clueless as to what the deal is with Q12 articulation but that should free up some more 40 footers. THen whenever 7850-7905 roll in...

Would it technically be September 1st. I know the 2nd begins the new service on the 38. Besides how many units does the 38 have currently and what will they need before 9/2. 

As for the Q12 situation. CS started sending some NG’s to Queens Village. My thinking is that GA and CS could share the XD60’s from The Bronx and plus CS is supposed to get their buses back from LGA-(summer rental). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

Update: Speaking of the devil, 6562-6563 removed from service (FP)

It’s about time!!! Looks like some of the 2009 Orion VII Next Generation buses from Grand Avenue and possibly even Gun Hill are bound for Fresh Pond! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

It’s about time!!! Looks like some of the 2009 Orion VII Next Generation buses from Grand Avenue and possibly even Gun Hill are bound for Fresh Pond! :)

I got to say that's my favorite  depo  and me having a nice route from that depo its gonna be sad seeing it tooken off my home route but it is what it is I dont like seeing more next gens at pond cause they had em for so long and I would love to see them take back the XD40s they lost to Ulmer or get something else besides that but then again it makes since for them to get more next gens so I'm fine with that I'm just gonna say this now if will not be the same with out them Hybrids being at pond and that's for sure lol but r.i.p 6562 and 6563 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For refresh in details at MHV, removed units are 6604-6606, 6631-6636, 6638-6642, 6644-6651, 6653-6654, 6656, 6658-6659, 6661-6669, 6671-6689.

Some gaps on the list are at LGA, MTA Bus with 6637 at Zerega. 

 

*6689 made its last run on Friday, August 17th on the M10. 

Edited by Calvin
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Calvin said:

For refresh in details at MHV, removed units are 6604-6606, 6631-6636, 6638-6642, 6644-6651, 6653-6654, 6656, 6658-6659, 6661-6669, 6671-6689.

Some gaps on the list are at LGA, MTA Bus with 6637 at Zerega. 

 

*6689 made its last run on Friday, August 17th on the M10. 

Thank you for this update! Very helpful. 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Would it technically be September 1st. I know the 2nd begins the new service on the 38. Besides how many units does the 38 have currently and what will they need before 9/2. 

As for the Q12 situation. CS started sending some NG’s to Queens Village. My thinking is that GA and CS could share the XD60’s from The Bronx and plus CS is supposed to get their buses back from LGA-(summer rental). 

Look for artics to start on the B38 on Sunday Sept. 1.  Because of the new pick, sheets shown in the depot will denote premium artic pay in effect .  New picks always start on a Sunday on NYCT bus and subway & MTA Bus.  Monday Sept. 2 is a holiday (Sunday schedule) on Labor Day.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Look for artics to start on the B38 on Sunday Sept. 1.  Because of the new pick, sheets shown in the depot will denote premium artic pay in effect .  New picks always start on a Sunday on NYCT bus and subway & MTA Bus.  Monday Sept. 2 is a holiday (Sunday schedule) on Labor Day.

Kinda figured that the pick begins 9/1. Thanks for the heads up. I was responding to someone else that indicated that artics would begin service on 9/2 well in fact it is 9/1. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

6527, 6565, 6578 removed from service

R.I.P....

6527 was the only to still have the blue stripe through the front doors.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

6527, 6565, 6578 removed from service

They really did not hesitate at all when it came to scrapping the 2005 Orion VII’s. I thought they had at least another year since they just scrapped all the 2003/2004 Orion VII’s. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.