Super Express Route...HELP!

msmcmillan

Good morning, I'm not sure where to post this topic...if it's in the wrong section I apologize to the admins.

Is there anyone who knows the super express QM8? I have to leave from the college point depot to Wall Street, make one pick up and then straight to queens to drop off...

I basically know the queens route for drop off...I work the QM5 so it's basically the same...I just don't how to get to wall street, then leave from there...

I think I use the midtown tunnel to the fdr then get off exit 2 then make a left on pearl? HELP!!!

Good morning, I'm not sure where to post this topic...if it's in the wrong section I apologize to the admins. Is there anyone who knows the super express QM8? I have to leave from the college point depot to Wall Street, make one pick up and then straight to queens to drop off... I basically know the queens route for drop off...I work the QM5 so it's basically the same...I just don't how to get to wall street, then leave from there... I think I use the midtown tunnel to the fdr then get off exit 2 then make a left on pearl? HELP!!!

First, I accept your apology.

Second, refer to the last two pages of http://web.mta.info/busco/schedules/qm007cur.pdf. This should help.

Good morning, I'm not sure where to post this topic...if it's in the wrong section I apologize to the admins. Is there anyone who knows the super express QM8? I have to leave from the college point depot to Wall Street, make one pick up and then straight to queens to drop off... I basically know the queens route for drop off...I work the QM5 so it's basically the same...I just don't how to get to wall street, then leave from there... I think I use the midtown tunnel to the fdr then get off exit 2 then make a left on pearl? HELP!!!

The QM8 does the same Downtown Loop that several other express buses do down there.  If you're really uncomfortable ask a passenger for assistance.  I've helped quite a few B/Os get to their destination.

At FDR Drive South, yes you take Exit 2 ramp and make sure to stay on right lane of exit ramp to get onto Robert Wagner Plaza, then you'll make left turn onto Pearl St. I know highway because I taken X25 and X90 few times before service cut.

Or before you go to your pickup stop at Water St/Governour Lane, you could pull over and ask fellow B/O like QM7, QM11 or QM25 driver how super express go from Water St/Governour Lane.

Thanks guys...really appreciate your help:-)

Yes, your best bet is either to ask one of your buddies at the depot for directions or if one of them is heading that way follow him or her down there if both of you are deadheading Downtown.  I've been on express buses where that happened too while they were in service and it worked out well.

First, I accept your apology.

Second, refer to the last two pages of http://web.mta.info/busco/schedules/qm007cur.pdf. This should help.

That didn't help at all....

At FDR Drive South, yes you take Exit 2 ramp and make sure to stay on right lane of exit ramp to get onto Robert Wagner Plaza, then you'll make left turn onto Pearl St. I know highway because I taken X25 and X90 few times before service cut.

Or before you go to your pickup stop at Water St/Governour Lane, you could pull over and ask fellow B/O like QM7, QM11 or QM25 driver how super express go from Water St/Governour Lane.

^what he said.

From the tunnel, you have the option of going to the 34th or 23rd Street entrance of the FDR southbound. I think they have an issue with buses going up on 34th(at least that's what I've been told).

Leaving there, don't quote me on this as it's better to ask fellow operators, but I've always seen operators make the left onto Gouverneur Lane and head up South Street to the entrance ramp. I don't know how they do it as Gouverneur Lane is an pretty narrow block, but kudos to them lol

The QM8 does the same Downtown Loop that several other express buses do down there.  If you're really uncomfortable ask a passenger for assistance.  I've helped quite a few B/Os get to their destination.

The Super Express doesn't. One pick up stop and straight onto South Street & the FDR from there.

If you were helping her out, you'd be wasting a lot of her time and pissing off a lot of people. :lol:

The Super Express doesn't. One pick up stop and straight onto South Street & the FDR from there.

If you were helping her out, you'd be wasting a lot of her time. :lol:

Right, the Super Expresses don't, but my impression is that she doesn't know the regular QM8 Downtown Loop route either, which I imagine she would need to know at some point hence my comment.  I was thinking more along general terms and not just the Super Express trip... That's why I suggested that she speak with one of her colleagues.  Either that or find a regular that rides and ask them.

Right, the Super Expresses don't, but my impression is that she doesn't know the regular QM8 Downtown Loop route either, which I imagine she would need to know at some point hence my comment.  I was thinking more along general terms and not just the Super Express trip... That's why I suggested that she speak with one of her colleagues.  Either that or find a regular that rides and ask them.

But she wouldn't need to know the QM8 Downtown Loop route, since it's not a regular QM8 trip. She can possibly learn the other routing at another time if she doesn't know, but the DL route is not of importance right now (but yes, she would need to know it at some point down the line, in which the first commenter mentioned the routing). 

I know for sure the DH is via QMT and FDR, right at exit 2, left at pearl, layover at maiden la, pickup at wall....

I assume the next part is then left at broad, right at south st, u-turn onto the FDR as it's the only way an operator can get on the FDR without looping back to exit 2. However, I've only passed the SX while on other QM8 runs.

Why can't he do that I'm not saying he should be using his phone as a GPs I'm just sayi ghe should use it to see when he need to go before making the run

Not allowed to use ANY DEVICE while driving a bus....GPSs do not give bus route information and directions, so that logic is horribly flawed.

The MTA doesn't give out a run sheet with specific directions? That's crazy.

Anyway, to the OP, I wonder if I've been on your bus. I take the QM5 a few times a week.

No.  The run sheet includes things like time points.  That's why B/Os can run hot from point to point because they aren't given the arrival times for all stops.  Usually the time points that you see on the schedules are the ones that they receive with maybe a few modifications.

The MTA doesn't give out a run sheet with specific directions? That's crazy.

Anyway, to the OP, I wonder if I've been on your bus. I take the QM5 a few times a week.

It's up to the depots themselves. They do have sheets with route directions. Seen it quite a few times with new drivers out of JFK and CP.

Then use it BEFORE driving the bus. 

Um, GPS apps do not have Super Express routings....or routes in general, only the bus trackers. And even the bus trackers with live maps themselves don't have Super Express routings. So if an op were to use that by error and end up going the regular route as a Super Express, they could get into trouble....

It's up to the depots themselves. They do have sheets with route directions. Seen it quite a few times with new drivers out of JFK and CP.

That shouldn't be a depot decision at all.  It should be the same system wide. Yet another reason why express bus service is so shoddy.  I got the impression from the run sheets that I've seen and from B/O's that I've talked with that have been around that they were changed.  At one point Yonkers had all of the time points for the stops listed.  That was changed.  Don't know if it's been changed again or not, but they should revise that.  I know some guys at Yonkers that were moved to CP... They were just thrown to the wolves.  They didn't know the routes and in some cases missed several express bus stops.

Not allowed to use ANY DEVICE while driving a bus....GPSs do not give bus route information and directions, so that logic is horribly flawed.

OMG I NEVER SAID TO USE IT WHILE DRIVING I SAID BEFORE DRIVING. ADDITIONALLY THE "TRANSIT" APP SHOWS THE FULL ROUTE THE BUS TAKES.

Archived