R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

10 hours ago, RandomRider0101 said:

I was referring to the actual design of the train, not the cleanliness; ofc no train looks good when its dirty. In the the case of the R142s & R142As, I heard it had something to do with the material the trains are made with; that would explain why Jerome R142As 7591-7810 look worse compared to Jerome R142s, even though neither is currently being cleaned externally due to the yard wash being 'broken'.

Thay are washed at Concourse Yard and the wash is not "broken".  It is out of service due to a GO as components are being replaced.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

It's the fleet in general, Gotta remember that they use the R179s a lot on the (A) and they try to keep the majority of the fleet out 24/7 since it's the newest cars on that line which is still not enough, The R211s will fix this problem.

Once the first set pass it's 30 day test, These will be all on property (20 plus cars) by the late spring-summer of this year. SIR cars should be coming any moment between now and march.

Unless they changed it the SIR cars shouldn’t be coming in this year until the R211A and T pass their respective testing periods, unless I read that wrong.

27 minutes ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Thay are washed at Concourse Yard and the wash is not "broken".  It is out of service due to a GO as components are being replaced.

Really? Well they don't do a very good job; those Jerome (4) line cars look horrible. Since they're using a B-division car wash, thats probably the issue; same thing with the (1) using the 207th yard wash. Those car washes are designed for B-division cars, not A-division cars, at least from what I heard.

1 hour ago, RandomRider0101 said:

Really? Well they don't do a very good job; those Jerome (4) line cars look horrible. Since they're using a B-division car wash, thats probably the issue; same thing with the (1) using the 207th yard wash. Those car washes are designed for B-division cars, not A-division cars, at least from what I heard.

Wait a second. Since when Jerome Yard started getting washers? Usually, the (4) train cars go to either the Concourse or 239th St to get washed. The (1) cars go over to the (6) yards to get washed, 

20 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

R211A 4085 is hiding in the back of this advertisement which means they’ve got at least 20 cars already done.

310744881_180611457815609_73696177514889

Good shot. That means 4095-4119 could be done by April. Knowing Kawasaki cars, yes. They get it done faster. 

Credit to TFLoffroad - The Sounds & Sights in This Kawasaki Side-by-Side Factory Are Unlike Anything I've Ever Experienced!  Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYTgu1AGYSQ&t=1568s

The video link above gives a full tour of the Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing Plant oil Lincoln, NE were after the 25:10 mark, you'll see more R211 bodies that have been manufactured in the production assembly. You'll see cars 4088, 4092 and a few others on air car stilts.Screen-Shot-2022-09-21-at-11.37.51-AM.pn

Edited by jon2305

2 hours ago, jon2305 said:

Credit to TFLoffroad - The Sounds & Sights in This Kawasaki Side-by-Side Factory Are Unlike Anything I've Ever Experienced!  Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYTgu1AGYSQ&t=1568s

The video link above gives a full tour of the Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing Plant oil Lincoln, NE were after the 25:10 mark, you'll see more R211 bodies that have been manufactured in the production assembly. You'll see cars 4088, 4092 and a few others on air car stilts.Screen-Shot-2022-09-21-at-11.37.51-AM.pn

A cool sight to see indeed; look forward to one day seeing these in service.

That is the goal to bring those cars on property soon enough, if all goes well & good and the R211s 30 day revenue testing turns out to be a success. Also, it would enhanced production to move forward at Kawasaki's Yonkers factory. However I guess it all depends on the crew and supply chain shortages and were that stands at this point. 

Edited by jon2305

2 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

This video is from 3 months ago so i would expect 4101 to at least 4140 to be also built. These cars 4070-4100 (30 cars) will be on property as soon as the 30 day test is done.

You mean 4070-4099. They’re in 0-4 & 5-9 format, similar to the first 40 R179s 3010-3049. 

17 minutes ago, U-BahnNYC said:

So with all these production cars sitting around, what's stopping a different set from doing a 30-day test? I mean the pilot was the first to be built so of course it's going to have the most issues. 

That’s a good question. Didn’t the R179s have 3 test trains (3010-3019 / 3050-3057 / 3058-3065)?