R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

2 hours ago, 1998NewFlyer said:

So Concourse's yard capacity and if it can hold the B fleet is related to the r211 how? 

…because there are people who think the entire option 1 R211 delivery can be sent to Concourse and maintained for the D and B.

this is about the potential reassignments as the new cars come online. It’s all tangentially connected in some way.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Reptile said:

Since the R211s will be sent to Concourse and the (B) is not stored at that yard these are the most likely assignments

R211: (A)(C)(D)(E)(F)(R)

R160: (B)(E)(F)(M)(R)(N)(W)(G)(J)(Z)

R68: (N)(Q)(W)

The only lines with old technology trains, then, will be the (1)(3)(6)(N)(Q)(W)... Truly the end of a long era

The R211s aren't confirmed to be going to Concourse; they can receive R160s instead.

2 minutes ago, RandomRider0101 said:

The R211s aren't confirmed to be going to Concourse; they can receive R160s instead.

Definitely possible, I didn't calculate the actual numbers of cars so they might not have enough for Concourse or they might go to Coney Island. But if they do have enough for Concourse, I have heard the MTA is planning to have each yard house only one rolling stock type, so maybe they want the smaller yards to have the newest cars

I love the little theories and the endless back and forth that y’all do in regards to car assignments meanwhile most of y’all don’t work in RTO or car equipment to be so high strung and aggressive with your theories. It’s quite funny but a bit concerning on second thought.

Carry on though. 😂😉

Edited by VIP

6 minutes ago, VIP said:

I love the little theories and the endless back and forth that y’all do in regards to car assignments meanwhile most of y’all don’t work in RTO or car equipment to be so high strung and aggressive with your theories. It’s quite funny but a bit concerning on second thought.

Carry on though. 😂😉

I’ve been thinking the same thing. There hasn’t been much update in regards to the R211 fleet for a while yet it’s like some keep beating a dead horse with the same talk about potential assignments. At this point it is best to wait and see what happens because realistic y’all keep going in circles. Let’s not fill up 5 more pages of this thread with speculated fleet assignments when the R211 haven’t even started in service testing yet. 

15 minutes ago, VIP said:

Carry on though. 😂😉

3 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I’ve been thinking the same thing. There hasn’t been much update in regards to the R211 fleet for a while yet it’s like some keep beating a dead horse with the same talk about potential assignments. At this point it is best to wait and see what happens because realistic y’all keep going in circles. Let’s not fill up 5 more pages of this thread with speculated fleet assignments when the R211 haven’t even started in service testing yet. 

I agree with y'all. Right now the (A) & (C) are the only lines confirmed to be getting the R211s; everything else is speculation until it is announced and/or when it happens.

I don't know why the B train is being treated as a useless line.

Yes, right now, it's a part time line, just like the W.

If the W got r160's, the B can get r211's.

The B will need NTTs regardless if it's r211's or r160's due to CBTC.

IMO the r211's should represent the opportunity for service on the B to be revamped. The B needs to run between Bedford Park and Brighton Beach from 5am to 11pm , Monday to Friday.

Once CBTC is done, the B needs to also run during the weekends between 145th and Brighton Beach to provide more weekend local service on CPW and provide weekend express service on Brighton.

2 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I don't know why the B train is being treated as a useless line.

Yes, right now, it's a part time line, just like the W.

If the W got r160's, the B can get r211's.

The B will need NTTs regardless if it's r211's or r160's due to CBTC.

IMO the r211's should represent the opportunity for service on the B to be revamped. The B needs to run between Bedford Park and Brighton Beach from 5am to 11pm , Monday to Friday.

Once CBTC is done, the B needs to also run during the weekends between 145th and Brighton Beach to provide more weekend local service on CPW and provide weekend express service on Brighton.

The (W) got the R160s because it shares its northern terminal with the (N) so it made sense that the (N) and (W) share equipment. The (B) doesn't have this issue so it wouldn't make sense to give the (B) R211s unless it sharing the fleet with the (N) and (W). regardless of R160s or R211s the (B) will have the majority of the tech fleet but it would share with the (N) and (W) since CI would get more than 250 tech trains. The (Q) would be the one stuck with R68s while the (N) and (W) would be both R68s and tech trains. Someone will get leftover cars in the end and it's really a toss up between Coney and Concourse. One of these yards are getting either R160s or R211s.

3 hours ago, VIP said:

Carry on though. 😂😉

People are getting uptight about the speculating but it's not that serious. No one is insulting anyone and as long no one is doing that, It shouldn't be an issue. Railfans are going to speculate but in reality there's really nothing to speculate when the entire IND has to be CBTC equipped tech trains so the (B) and (D) along with the (A) and (C) will need to be 100% tech. It's only the question regarding Jamaica on if they will stay 100% R160s or if they will lose 50% of them and where would those displaced R160s go.

14 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Thank you! THIS x 1000! There are plenty of other threads to discuss assignments, something I personally care nothing about. Can we please keep this thread focused on the actual rolling stock? 

23 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I'm honestly worried they're gonna find a way to delay it until 2024 at this point. With the MTA, silence when approaching the expected date of some sort of major event (new station, new cars) usually means a delay.

16 minutes ago, ABCDEFGJLMNQRSSSWZ said:

I'm honestly worried they're gonna find a way to delay it until 2024 at this point. With the MTA, silence when approaching the expected date of some sort of major event (new station, new cars) usually means a delay.

If that's the case, then that's yet another reason to cool down on the constant speculation. I really don't wanna spend the next couple months or so reading or responding to posts about 'potential assignments'; At least wait until the cars start delivery.

This is all true; I come here bc I look forward to hearing updates on the R211s. I have my own theories on what may happen, but I'm not going out of my way to post full assignments (but that's just me 🤷).

It's okay to speculate, it only becomes an issue when ppl are presenting their predictions as facts. That's the only reason I responded to that post; otherwise I would've just moved right along.

3 hours ago, ABCDEFGJLMNQRSSSWZ said:

You're not going to hear a peep until someone inevitably leaks the memo from car equipment about the 30 day revenue test starting. It's how it always works with new subway cars.

There are a few more images in this tweet that shows more information about the FIND and how it works. Now apparently the R211's (both A and T) are set to start revenue service soon which (again apparently) was confirmed by the MTA president themselves in a livestream. I'm currently trying to find that video unless someone else can send the link, that would be great.

On the NBC 4 R211 news story when they talked about the R46 being replaced..... they showed video of an R68.

Also the MTA president said it's time for the cars to take a swim, the MTA president isn't aware that they went back to scrapping cars the old fashioned way? Unless plans changed. I doubt they will go back to reefing for R46 disposal as the stainless steel reef program didn't age as well as it did with the Redbirds.

31 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Also the MTA president said it's time for the cars to take a swim, the MTA president isn't aware that they went back to scrapping cars the old fashioned way? Unless plans changed. I doubt they will go back to reefing for R46 disposal as the stainless steel reef program didn't age as well as it did with the Redbirds.

you do know what a "joke" is, right? Jokes don't have to be factual.