East New York

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

foamers are not reliable sources...

Take note, newbs: THIS should be lesson #1 of the forums!

I mean, realistically we don't have any confirmation on this test of the pilot revenue service. Sure, it's possible that the train is still needs performance corrections but it's status on the matter of testing is opaque to all of us and only the (MTA) has access to that information, in question.

1 hour ago, Ale188 said:

Sounds like a 'Kawasaki only' thing! They basically do whatever they want with their rolling stock!

That's not a "'Kawasaki only' thing!", that's what the MTA decided to have the R211 identification numbers as. Kawasaki doesn't control what kind those numbers are.

1 hour ago, Mysterious2train said:

As a reminder, we know 4060-4069 was taken out of passenger service at least once, on or around April 5th, due to what seemed to be because of door issues.

Some Reddit users have claimed 4060-4069 was taken out of service again earlier today, including one who said they saw it sitting at Euclid this afternoon.

Another user on that Subreddit's chat thread claimed that the train lost power this morning between 207th and Dyckman which is why it was taken OOS. No idea how accurate that is though.

Yep it's true. Train lost power right near the end of the AM Rush Hour between Dyckman and 207th Street. Took over three hours to finally get the train to Pitkin Yard. When the train finally reached 207th Street there was only limited service because they had to use one track while troubleshooting the R211A. The scene was not good

2 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

Wait. If they took a train oos this morning, why would that train run from Dyckman St in Manhattan all the way to Euclid in Brooklyn, where there is 207th St Yard? Isn’t 207th qualified to fix New Tech Trains’ problems when it’s at close range? 

pitkin yard is responsible for the R211s since it's assigned there. Any troubleshooting is done there or at CI yard.

3 hours ago, MJHmarc said:

Reset the clock!

No, keep the revenue test going, no more delays, that’s what the 30 day test is for, to detect problems, and fix them. It doesn’t mean to “Restart the clock”, unless there is a bigger issue to resolve within a day or two. 

48 minutes ago, Chris89292 said:

No, keep the revenue test going, no more delays, that’s what the 30 day test is for, to detect problems, and fix them. It doesn’t mean to “Restart the clock”, unless there is a bigger issue to resolve within a day or two. 

I dont think you understand how the 30 day test works, if there is ANY issue trainside that warrants it being taken OOS ,the clock resets

5 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

Wait. If they took a train oos this morning, why would that train run from Dyckman St in Manhattan all the way to Euclid in Brooklyn, where there is 207th St Yard? Isn’t 207th qualified to fix New Tech Trains’ problems when it’s at close range? 

You have to remember that the R211 fleet has not been conditionally accepted yet. As such, Pitkin yard and CI shops are the only two facilities that would have maintenance personnel qualified to work on the train. Additionally, Kawasaki personnel probably would not be based at 207 since, again, it has not been conditionally accepted yet.

1 minute ago, ABCDEFGJLMNQRSSSWZ said:

Will no new R211 train sets enter the system until the original passes the 30 day test? That kinda sucks.

This statement is incorrect. Look at cars 4070-74, 4075-79. While the original R211A pilot set 4065-69, 4064-60, was not even halfway into its 30 day test, 4070-74 began to be delivered. So far, I've heard that the R211As are still doing their 30 day test because they failed, but nevertheless, new cars have been delivered.

4070-74
4075-79
4080-84
4085-89*

*Only 4088 and 4089 have been delivered as of April 25.

7 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

To add on to what Fan Railer said, crews have been instructed in the R211 service bulletin to only return the train to Pitkin Yard when a problem occurs on the road.

2 hours ago, foggymetro said:

This statement is incorrect. Look at cars 4070-74, 4075-79. While the original R211A pilot set 4065-69, 4064-60, was not even halfway into its 30 day test, 4070-74 began to be delivered. So far, I've heard that the R211As are still doing their 30 day test because they failed, but nevertheless, new cars have been delivered.

4070-74
4075-79
4080-84
4085-89*

*Only 4088 and 4089 have been delivered as of April 25.

4085-4087 were delivered late evening of April 25th / early morning of April 26th.

As stated previously, they want to have at least 3 full trains ready (or at least almost ready) to go as soon as the 30-day test train passes and the fleet type is conditionally accepted. That's why 4070-4079 have already started burn-in testing even though 60-69 are still in the 30-day test cycle, which I'm pretty sure just reset back to day 0 without failure after losing power on the 26th. Thus they will likely continue to receive deliveries on a regular basis.

Edited by Fan Railer

8 minutes ago, Metro CSW said:

Obviously, you misspelled the word "everyone"....

Did i? DID I?

Anyway, why are we even talking about this? This is an R211 thread, not a 'Debate about if foamers are reliable' thread, alright?

Ok, this is actually becoming ridiculous. The R44s are 50 years old already, and I know they are receiving intermittent maintenance, but it's becoming more costly to maintain these half a century old cars. These R44s, even with the maintenance, are basically in a state of disrepair, as far as i'm concerned, and they're already breaking down. Any MTA/Kawasaki employees, can someone please state what in the world is taking so long with the R211S pilot cars(100-104)?

6 hours ago, Ale188 said:

They can be, it's just you don't think so.

oh... they're not. They most certainly are not...

For example. they though the R143/R160 combo train was a "successful test" as the result of modifications to the cars...

It was a screw up that should have never left ENY yard.

1 hour ago, foggymetro said:

Ok, this is actually becoming ridiculous. The R44s are 50 years old already, and I know they are receiving intermittent maintenance, but it's becoming more costly to maintain these half a century old cars. These R44s, even with the maintenance, are basically in a state of disrepair, as far as i'm concerned, and they're already breaking down. Any MTA/Kawasaki employees, can someone please state what in the world is taking so long with the R211S pilot cars(100-104)?

Well...MTA is MTA. Never expect it to be quick, though the R211 clock resetting is getting tiresome. R46s should be retired as soon as possible, and they should really push the R211S order, because goodness knows what state the R44s are in.

1 hour ago, foggymetro said:

Everything is still backlogged from parts and supply chain shortages, you gotta be patient

1 minute ago, AZthefoamer said:

Well...MTA is MTA. Never expect it to be quick, though the R211 clock resetting is getting tiresome. R46s should be retired as soon as possible, and they should really push the R211S order, because goodness knows what state the R44s are in.

Its better that they are finding problems now as opposed to later like the 179s, yall are too damn impatient