R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be patient folks. It's better to catch any issues now and not have a repeat of what happened with the r179's or worse the Washington Metro train issues on the newest transit.

Let's look at the bright side, when the pilot train passes the 30 days, we are going to see multiple production trains entering service on the A almost simultaneously.

49 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

Let's be patient folks. It's better to catch any issues now and not have a repeat of what happened with the r179's or worse the Washington Metro train issues on the newest transit.

Let's look at the bright side, when the pilot train passes the 30 days, we are going to see multiple production trains entering service on the A almost simultaneously.

Exactly. The issues on the pilot set will be corrected, then applied to all production cars available on property, then the trains will all be pressed into service. So soon as the pilot set passes, the (A) will be minimally 50% NTT

56 minutes ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

I was under the assumption that it past the first 30 day test since they didn't take it put of service during the first 30 day revenue service.

I thought the same thing but there were two major failures that I know of that forced the train to be pulled from service (the door issues at Euclid Av and the loss of power near 207 St.)

7 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

I thought the same thing but there were two major failures that I know of that forced the train to be pulled from service (the door issues at Euclid Av and the loss of power near 207 St.)

Apparently there might have been others, in any case; the clock was reset after the power loss.

I heard that, the R211 fleet is grounded for passenger service. Had not seen any videos or photos (recently on Tuesday but after that day up to now) with people on-board but, testing is still in effect. It's said that they are prohibited in operations on the main line. 

Edited by Calvin

5 hours ago, Calvin said:

I heard that, the R211 fleet is grounded for passenger service. Had not seen any videos or photos (recently on Tuesday but after that day up to now) with people on-board but, testing is still in effect. It's said that they are prohibited in operations on the main line. 

You don’t rely on photos and videos. It’s best to go see it yourself and in person, then you will know that the train is still in service. 

2 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

You don’t rely on photos and videos. It’s best to go see it yourself and in person, then you will know that the train is still in service. 

Definitely but the photos and video comes from stories that are live on said date, it's for evidence collected. Otherwise, they (pics and vids) can be uploaded at a date that isn't today. Although, I can tell that today, I was on the (A) from Manhattan by Washington Heights to Rockaway Blvd including Rockaways, the R211 4060-4069 was not out at all today. No sighting spotted today. 

2 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

I’m going to stop you right there. Unless you heard it from a source directly connected to the testing program… that is hearsay.

hell, they don’t even tell people like what’s going on with them.

I understand about the source. In my take, it was coming from a train operator who was at Coney Island Yard working the R211 test train and there was a talk about the 1 train that's out on the (A) not being in service. It was also said that the information about the R211 is being sent to an outside contractor to be inspected and resolved but it's not going to be out for now (coming from the operator that was out of Coney Island Yard but not that I went inside the yard). In my take, didn't mean to spread rumors otherwise, anyone that mentions as true isn't worth relying as a source except for someone I know who's in the system. 

Edited by Calvin

2 hours ago, Fan Railer said:

Confirmed from a reliable source (not a foamer, mind you lol) that the train is out of service for propulsion issues. Hopefully they find a resolution quickly and can get the set back into service.

Another one? Yikes, the fact that this issue has been persistent for months, it's crazy to think it's still an issue. I can't even say anything positive along the lines of, "at least it's happening now," it's pretty concerning and makes me worried for whatever happens in like a year or two. 

51 minutes ago, Vulturious said:

Another one? Yikes, the fact that this issue has been persistent for months, it's crazy to think it's still an issue. I can't even say anything positive along the lines of, "at least it's happening now," it's pretty concerning and makes me worried for whatever happens in like a year or two. 

(Sorry, but) And this is why we can't have nice things...

Every order going back to the R44s has had teething issues, I'm not surpised these cars are having problems. They will eventually be sorted out and the R211 fleet will be fine.

Lol at the fanners getting impatient that the Staten Island R211s hasn't come yet. Yall do realize that most likely the R211S will have to go though months of testing as well? Even if the R211S is delivered tomorrow, odds are you won't be able to ride it anytime soon:lol:

Edited by trainfan22

33 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Every order going back to the R44s has had teething issues, I'm not surprised these cars are having problems. They will eventually be sorted out and the R211 fleet will be fine.

Lol at the fanners getting impatient that the Staten Island R211s hasn't come yet. Yall do realize that most likely the R211S will have to go though months of testing as well? Even if the R211S is delivered tomorrow, odds are you won't be able to ride it anytime soon:lol:

That's what I said one time. They are gonna have to do maybe 6-9 months of testing, if not more!

On 4/24/2023 at 9:26 AM, Lawrence St said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they cancelled the R211S order and diverted those cars to NYCT instead.

About as likely as your idea of the (MTA) converting R143s onto 8th avenue service. 

You really just can't help yourself with these awful, nonsensical takes, can you? 

Edited by U-BahnNYC

5 hours ago, U-BahnNYC said:

About as likely as your idea of the (MTA) converting R143s onto 8th avenue service. 

You really just can't help yourself with these awful, nonsensical takes, can you? 

You shouldn’t be talking, considering half of your rants in this thread are whining about anyone who says these cars should go to anything other then the (A). You clearly can’t handle criticism.