R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheNewYorkElevated said:

SIR R211s are now being road tested at Broad Channel. Saw an Instagram post showing the sets out on the flats near the Rockaways.

8me5Np.png

Caught me off guard. I wish I was a little further south to catch this on the bridge over Jamaica Bay. 

On 8/30/2023 at 10:52 PM, Calvin said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cwkexxvr2o_/?img_index=2

A photo found from Instagram user, subways_io: the R211T models sports an undercarriage lighting system.

I told you guys about that feature back in March.

side note, the lighting does not train line, both crew members need to turn it on independently.

The chances of encountering an R211 without waiting for it to come is rare, I’ve went on a trip recently on the A line, as a normal passenger, no R211’s appeared on any side of the platform despite there being 4 sets in service, this happened in the weekend by the way, is it that the R211’s are out of service on the weekends or they’re just rare to encounter?

45 minutes ago, Chris89292 said:

The chances of encountering an R211 without waiting for it to come is rare, I’ve went on a trip recently on the A line, as a normal passenger, no R211’s appeared on any side of the platform despite there being 4 sets in service, this happened in the weekend by the way, is it that the R211’s are out of service on the weekends or they’re just rare to encounter?

They are in service on weekends, just missed one yesterday.

They are rare to encounter as there's only four sets and the (A) is one of the longest line in the system.  I wouldn't be surprised if a set or two is laid up on weekends or one is getting inspected at Pikin.

I don't even think all 13 R179 sets are in service at the same time on weekends. The R46s are beat up but I don't think they go out of their way to layup as many as possible and press every single NTT they have into service on weekends :lol:

14 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I don't even think all 13 R179 sets are in service at the same time on weekends. The R46s are beat up but I don't think they go out of their way to layup as many as possible and press every single NTT they have into service on weekends :lol:

In the subway system, they cannot use the entire fleet in service during weekends. There's mostly about 8 R179s running on the Apple but, the other 2 trains (from the total of 10 during weekdays): can be laid up at either Pitkin or at Rockaway Park. 

(10 trains at most weekdays -> Weekend service: 8 trains active). (A) weekend service calls for 24 trains total in-reference so, at least 2 R211s are active. 

Edited by Calvin

3 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

Most likely we are going to have to wait until the winter or spring to have high odds of getting on the r211's right off the bat.

I just seen three of the four R211 sets in service within like a 10 minute span. Two of them are running back to back N/B right now. 

Just missed one at Broadway Junction N/B, took the (C) train, seen the second set going S/B at Rockaway Ave, then the 3rd set passed my (C) train at Kingston - Throop.

Edited by trainfan22

7 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

I just seen three of the four R211 sets in service within like a 10 minute span. Two of them are running back to back N/B right now. 

Just missed one at Broadway Junction N/B, took the (C) train, seen the second set going S/B at Rockaway Ave, then the 3rd set passed my (C) train at Kingston - Throop.

Someone said there's only 3 out of the 4 that are in service every day. So, that kinda explains why the 4th set was probably never seen today (Not the actual 4th set [4080-84/4120-24] but the one set that isn't in service)

Edited by Ale188

Y’all gotta chill. But also remember that R46’s still dominate the (A) line. The R179’s that they have are still covered by warranty so the TA is not gonna run all 13 sets at once and the R211’s are still very new and unreliable so they will be careful on which sets to run. Also keep in mind, there’s a few of you or others who want to vandalize the “new tech” trains on that line for whatever sick; ridiculous reason, and the TA knows about it. So R46’s you will have until they start performing like the Worst R32’s we had to deal with in 2019-2020.

4 hours ago, VIP said:

Y’all gotta chill. But also remember that R46’s still dominate the (A) line. The R179’s that they have are still covered by warranty so the TA is not gonna run all 13 sets at once and the R211’s are still very new and unreliable so they will be careful on which sets to run. Also keep in mind, there’s a few of you or others who want to vandalize the “new tech” trains on that line for whatever sick; ridiculous reason, and the TA knows about it. So R46’s you will have until they start performing like the Worst R32’s we had to deal with in 2019-2020.

Add surfing while you’re at it. That’s why they are carefully choosing on what time of day they choose to run. There are post on Social media outlets that these kids wanna do that on trains, especially new techs. These kids don’t realize that they’re not just playing with fire, but playing with their own lives. You know the old saying, “When I grow up, I wanna be this, I wanna be that?” 2/3s of those don’t see that because they wind up in the cemetery, while their families suffer the loss of that kid because he or she did something stupid, not knowing the dangers that come with it. 

11 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Add surfing while you’re at it. That’s why they are carefully choosing on what time of day they choose to run. There are posts on Social media outlets that these kids wanna do that on trains, especially new techs. These kids don’t realize that they’re not just playing with fire, but playing with their own lives. You know the old saying, “When I grow up, I wanna be this, I wanna be that?” 2/3s of those don’t see that because they wind up in the cemetery, while their families suffer the loss of that kid because he or she did something stupid, not knowing the dangers that come with it. 

Some of the kids don't care about their lives. Most do the surfing because they wanna be famous and be like 'ooh, look at me, I'm on a train dancing' when people are gonna obviously report it for the most obvious reasons. If I ever saw a kid subway surf (hell, I almost surfed on a school bus before, and I regret it), I would tell them to stop damaging their lives or tell them that 'Is this how you wanna die?' But the post I'm quoting here is just one word: True. Maybe the MTA should add platform screen doors at almost all stations. They're even planning to do so on the 7, L, and another line that I forgot about. But some kids don't think straight. They don't think life is good, so they treat the trains like the game of Subway Surfers. The 7 is the one that gets surfed the most probably because of it's long 11-car trains. But have you ever got told 'I'm gonna be back' by a kid? Well, that statement goes towards death, and everyone blames the subway for it. Maybe they should blame the kid cuz no one told them to surf on the train at the first place. The subway is just running 24/7/365, that's all it does, but no, 'The kid did not deserve to die.' They did. How? by surfing for literally no reason. So yeah, learn something, kids.

2 hours ago, Ale188 said:

Some of the kids don't care about their lives. Most do the surfing because they wanna be famous and be like 'ooh, look at me, I'm on a train dancing' when people are gonna obviously report it for the most obvious reasons. If I ever saw a kid subway surf (hell, I almost surfed on a school bus before, and I regret it), I would tell them to stop damaging their lives or tell them that 'Is this how you wanna die?' But the post I'm quoting here is just one word: True. Maybe the MTA should add platform screen doors at almost all stations. They're even planning to do so on the 7, L, and another line that I forgot about. But some kids don't think straight. They don't think life is good, so they treat the trains like the game of Subway Surfers. The 7 is the one that gets surfed the most probably because of it's long 11-car trains. But have you ever got told 'I'm gonna be back' by a kid? Well, that statement goes towards death, and everyone blames the subway for it. Maybe they should blame the kid cuz no one told them to surf on the train at the first place. The subway is just running 24/7/365, that's all it does, but no, 'The kid did not deserve to die.' They did. How? by surfing for literally no reason. So yeah, learn something, kids.

The kid who was in the fight during the R211’s first inaugural run back in March, mentioned that and the gf of the person who got killed took it too seriously. (I found out she was a foamer herself)

Edited by FLX9304

On 9/4/2023 at 9:20 PM, Calvin said:

In the subway system, they cannot use the entire fleet in service during weekends. There's mostly about 8 R179s running on the Apple but, the other 2 trains (from the total of 10 during weekdays): can be laid up at either Pitkin or at Rockaway Park. 

(10 trains at most weekdays -> Weekend service: 8 trains active). (A) weekend service calls for 24 trains total in-reference so, at least 2 R211s are active. 

They also layup trains on the middle track between 111 and Liberty Jct. Tower.  At least 2 of them stay in place all weekend.