ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

21 minutes ago, Tdevon2923 said:

Yup

Bid Sheets are filled with temp vacancies(File numbers in the high 2000s to 3000s) some are comp but lots are Medical Restrictions... 

Seems Sleep Apnea is the MAC centers flavor of the month they give folks time for compliance and they just muddle around...

Sadly some folks are getting a taste of the real MTA at a early start of their careers..

Edited by RTOMan

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is so wrong/bad about being restricted to yards?  8 and go home.  easy money.  gimme a drill sheet?  it's DRILL TIME *****!
no but seriously.  if you were to be restricted and have a medical problem......can they fire u?  

not the worse that can happen, well thats bad for some folks, but what are the really bad things tat might happen if u got body issues, they can keep you in restricted for years?
pros / cons?

Hello. I was called up about 2 weeks ago and I got up to the final process. It’s been a while since I originally applied for the position and I lost my GED diploma. I applied for a new one but says it’ll take 8-10 weeks. Do you think they will remove me from the list?

I told the HR the situation they said and I quote “keep me updated and we can reschedule you when you do receive it. Unfortunately, they will not process you without it since it is a requirement for the title.” I have no other choice but to wait for the document to come in I’m just worried if I’ll be removed or not.

I passed the drug, and medical already. I’m not sure what’s next either. Does anyone know what’s the next step ? 

20 hours ago, SchoolCarMasochist said:

what is so wrong/bad about being restricted to yards?  8 and go home.  easy money.  gimme a drill sheet?  it's DRILL TIME *****!
no but seriously.  if you were to be restricted and have a medical problem......can they fire u?  

not the worse that can happen, well thats bad for some folks, but what are the really bad things tat might happen if u got body issues, they can keep you in restricted for years?
pros / cons?

Its not just that..

If you work with a partner and that partner screws up you both go downtown..

Drilling in Yards isn't what it used to be they need these trains fixed and depends on what time one starts good chance there are two moves instead of one.

If your condition is bad enough they'll put you out NWA (No Work Available) then you got to go through hoops just to get back on the payroll yes you can file for unemployment.

Your tours and days off belong to the Crew Office and they can and will put you anywhere.

Now if you are extra extra ok but if you got a Picked job with a set time kiss that goodbye you aren't seeing that.

I was medically restricted i speak from Experience.

There's a T/O right now restricted for his hearing his PICKED JOB starts at 1230PM they have him reporting to work at 1700PM..

He is pissed....

Edited by RTOMan

On 12/14/2023 at 9:45 AM, RTOMan said:

Seems Sleep Apnea is the MAC centers flavor of the month they give folks time for compliance and they just muddle ..

For sleep apnea, if you’re over the BMI, but your neck is smaller than 16 inches and you don’t snore or have any other problems, do they still hold you for an apnea test?

4 hours ago, DEE123 said:

For sleep apnea, if you’re over the BMI, but your neck is smaller than 16 inches and you don’t snore or have any other problems, do they still hold you for an apnea test?

i can only tell you my experience. I’m healthy, like a lot of big guys, but outside of the range they find acceptable. Sleep like a baby. Exercise regularly. I had to do a sleep study anyway. 

Don’t count on your neck size saving you. If they think you need to do a study a 16’ neck will not stop them from putting you on hold. Any of the conditions which point to sleep apnea (age, bmi, blood pressure, snoring etc.) can trigger a hold. 

I was sworn in recently but the process of clearing the hold is not simple. You can do an at-home study which will cost about 300. 200 for the study and 125 for the letter from the doctor. 

If its negative you make another appointment and hand in the letter and the report. You blood pressure is checked again and the doc signs off. Should take a few weeks to get a negative report and a letter.

If its positive you will probably have to add your name back to the list because the ninety days you get to clear the hold will fly by. It will take a while to order the cpap and have the required time using it. This process may take several months.

Its been said many times on here by more experienced guys but its worth repeating. If you have a condition get the letter from your doctor. It seems like this medical process is really about liability. Maybe they’re really concerned about having another doctor sign off on you just in case something goes wrong. Thats understandable.

I’d imagine a lot of people will get a call this week to do the medical. There’s a class that starts on the 26th.

Good luck.

11 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Its not just that..

If you work with a partner and that partner screws up you both go downtown..

Drilling in Yards isn't what it used to be they need these trains fixed and depends on what time one starts good chance there are two moves instead of one.

If your condition is bad enough they'll put you out NWA (No Work Available) then you got to go through hoops just to get back on the payroll yes you can file for unemployment.

Your tours and days off belong to the Crew Office and they can and will put you anywhere.

Now if you are extra extra ok but if you got a Picked job with a set time kiss that goodbye you aren't seeing that.

I was medically restricted i speak from Experience.

There's a T/O right now restricted for his hearing his PICKED JOB starts at 1230PM they have him reporting to work at 1700PM..

He is pissed....

so NWA = means that ur....not fired....but they refuse to give you work.  in which case......after a few months or a year or ETC......they WILL fire you?
this is so screwed up.......
So you're buddy who is restricted has to do platform or yard work at the leisure of the (s)crew office?

off topic - that any one can answer !~
-  Transit has a Big Guy phobia!!   We big buys need loving too!  Being healthy and being Big is two different things right?  Transit somehow feels that big neck = is bad.  wth?
-  Can Transit put you on NO WORK if your neck size is too big even after probation?  Or we will be forced to do the sleep apnea test every 6 months or so??
And yes!! I am Team Big Neck Gang too!!

Edited by SchoolCarMasochist

5 hours ago, SchoolCarMasochist said:

so NWA = means that ur....not fired....but they refuse to give you work.  in which case......after a few months or a year or ETC......they WILL fire you?

No they give you time to get it right and they cant fire you for that lawsuit city....

5 hours ago, SchoolCarMasochist said:

So you're buddy who is restricted has to do platform or yard work at the leisure of the (s)crew office?

Yard or station switching and yes hes not thrilled with reporting to work 5 or 6 or 7 hours after he normally does...

8 minutes ago, ix360xi said:

Anyone know if there will be a class for January?

The plan is for there to be classes every month for the time being. They’re promoting TSS like crazy in order to meet the demand for instructors. 
Approximately 100 CR and 100 TO every month.

3 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

The plan is for there to be classes every month for the time being. They’re promoting TSS like crazy in order to meet the demand for instructors. 
Approximately 100 CR and 100 TO every month.

3 hours ago, ix360xi said:

Anyone know if there will be a class for January?

I asked about the January class last week. People at 180 hadn't heard about a January class for TO's. Was told the January class is for conductors. Maybe there is a January class but it's not official yet. 

2 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

thats only after they recertify the list from DCAS

Yup

1 hour ago, Youngking said:

I thought when you get your name restored they go back to the top of the list? I got restored 2 months ago and still no call back

Correct. They haven’t called or emailed anyone. I have to assume it’s because of the holiday. Maybe in January things will pick up. 

5 hours ago, Youngking said:

I thought when you get your name restored they go back to the top of the list? I got restored 2 months ago and still no call back

did you quit or got fired?
and also was ur list number high?
yes you should have gotten a call/email getting canvased
hope for a Jan or a Feb class and keep calling.

1 hour ago, SchoolCarMasochist said:

did you quit or got fired?
and also was ur list number high?
yes you should have gotten a call/email getting canvased
hope for a Jan or a Feb class and keep calling.

My list number is 62xx

No I went for pre employment in June but when I got there I realized my ssn card was lost. So they told me to order and new one email transit to reschedule pre employment. I reached out to them and got the confirmation email in October that my name has been re added to the list. So I would have figured by now I would’ve got re called for pre employment again but nothing yet and it’s almost January.

1 hour ago, Youngking said:

My list number is 62xx

No I went for pre employment in June but when I got there I realized my ssn card was lost. So they told me to order and new one email transit to reschedule pre employment. I reached out to them and got the confirmation email in October that my name has been re added to the list. So I would have figured by now I would’ve got re called for pre employment again but nothing yet and it’s almost January.

Yea, no, you were suppose to go back ASAP. Forget waiting for an email from them. JUST GO

On 12/15/2023 at 8:17 PM, SchoolCarMasochist said:

this is so screwed up.......

off topic - that any one can answer !~
-  Transit has a Big Guy phobia!!   We big buys need loving too!  Being healthy and being Big is two different things right?  Transit somehow feels that big neck = is bad.  wth?
-  Can Transit put you on NO WORK if your neck size is too big even after probation?  Or we will be forced to do the sleep apnea test every 6 months or so??
And yes!! I am Team Big Neck Gang too!!

I literally agree with you, just because a neck size is bigger than 16-17 that can hold you up!? No lie when I went two weeks ago to downtown not everyone look like they were in shape.