ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

33 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

For me I submitted it on Friday when I got the email. After submission I got a call today. I read other people submitted the canvas on Sunday and they got called yesterday. So I'm guessing it really depends on different things. 

Thank you! I submitted yesterday. Got a reply to resubmit today because my attachment wouldn’t open. So I’m hoping for a call before the week is out. 15xx

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TAI STUNNER said:

Hi!! How long does it take to get a call to come in to180 Livingston for pre employment after submitting the canvas application?

Submitted Friday…going on tomorrow. Got called on Monday 

27 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

16xx just finished my  drug test. In and out in 2 hours. Gentleman at the desk told me and few others “he thinks we will make the next class”

Same, I know we'll be in class at some time this year. There might even be a class before August. 

10 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

Same, I know we'll be in class at some time this year. There might even be a class before August. 

Correct. Union VP made an update on the union Facebook about a July class along with the august class. Tss i ran into today told me they expect to hire 100 new TOs. Now that Covid restrictions are loosening, we might see the big induction classes again. My July 2019 class had 60 train operators in it.

16 minutes ago, beanz said:

Correct. Union VP made an update on the union Facebook about a July class along with the august class. Tss i ran into today told me they expect to hire 100 new TOs. Now that Covid restrictions are loosening, we might see the big induction classes again. My July 2019 class had 60 train operators in it.

Any chance they make mention of what the dates may be?

5 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

Any chance they make mention of what the dates may be?

Hiring in RTO:

I’m pleased to report that hiring is picking up in our department. 

Recently, we’ve had new hire classes for Conductors and Train Operators, and promotions for Tower Operator, Dispatchers, and TSS. 

There’s more help on the way. 

•In late July, 30 T/Os will be hired. 

•In late August, 70 more T/Os will come on board. 

•There are Conductor classes tentatively scheduled for July, September, and November. 

•There is a Tower Operator class tentatively scheduled for July. 

These hirings are of course, much needed, and we look forward to growing our ranks. 

As a side note, for anyone on a promotional list: you will not be selected if you currently have an open DAN. If you are looking to move up, but have a DAN to straighten out, contact one of our Labor Relations reps at (646) 252-2925 / 2996 / 5549. 

NYCT Employment Services Center: (347) 643-8088

NYCT Human Resources: (347) 643-8217 / 8218

DCAS: (212) 669-1357

In Solidarity,

Eric Loegel

RTO VP

24 minutes ago, beanz said:

Hiring in RTO:

Recently, we’ve had new hire classes for Conductors and Train Operators, and promotions for Tower Operator, Dispatchers, and TSS. 

•There are Conductor classes tentatively scheduled for July, September, and November. 

These hirings are of course, much needed, and we look forward to growing our ranks. 

As a side note, for anyone on a promotional list: you will not be selected if you currently have an open DAN. If you are looking to move up, but have a DAN to straighten out, contact one of our Labor Relations reps at (646) 252-2925 / 2996 / 5549. 

In Solidarity,

Eric Loegel

RTO VP

Thank you

1 hour ago, beanz said:

Hiring in RTO:

In Solidarity,

Eric Loegel

RTO VP

Thank you for this…hope to make one of these. 16xx

3 hours ago, beanz said:

Hiring in RTO:

In Solidarity,

Eric Loegel

RTO VP

Thank you 🙏🏽 15xx

Edited by Kj224

2 minutes ago, tvega961 said:

I overheard they are up to 1400 and I’m 35x on the certification. I doubt they’ll go through 300 people until me lol. But definitely hopeful for this year at least 

You actually may be a part of this round 

7 hours ago, TAI STUNNER said:

Anyone submit their canvas application this week and are still waiting on a call to come in?? 
15xx super anxious 

I was on the same boat. I know it sucks to hear it but be patient. If they sent you a canvas and you sent it in on time you will be called.