ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

All these keto meal plans I've seen are super expensive like 190 a week got 18 meals a week for 6 days breakfast lunch and dinner...

They are very expensive, which is why I prepare and cook my own food. I live alone, so it’s actually quite simple for me

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I basically do all my keto stuff with homecooking. The pre-made stuff is just too much.

And I just got the email to go in for medical this Thursday to be considered for the Aug 30th class. And of course the nervousness of that and the paperwork is making my blood pressure spike like I'm sure it will be in the waiting room that day. I'm debating breaking keto and picking up some bananas and other foods that are supposed to help with blood pressure just for these next few days. 

1 minute ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys I just got the email to report Aug 12th for final processing on the completion of the medical process.  I am being considered for the Aug 30th class!!!  Can't believe I made it to that class!!  I'm so hype!!!  

High 18xx

Congrats man that’s fantastic!  

2 hours ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys I just got the email to report Aug 12th for final processing on the completion of the medical process.  I am being considered for the Aug 30th class!!!  Can't believe I made it to that class!!  I'm so hype!!!  

High 18xx

Congrats! I’m 17xx and I didn’t hear anything. I emailed both Mrs. Vargas and RTO Employment. 

So if my certification number is 23xx so to get my actual current number id subtract by 1800? I currently use a CPAP so what documentation would I need when called for medical? Also I have to start taking medication for high blood pressure. Will this disqualify me? 

31 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

So if my certification number is 23xx so to get my actual current number id subtract by 1800? I currently use a CPAP so what documentation would I need when called for medical? Also I have to start taking medication for high blood pressure. Will this disqualify me? 

23xx would be your actual list number CERTIFIED, meaning if you were 2331, there would be 2330 people ahead of you (example )

4 hours ago, dee-bees said:

Yeah I basically do all my keto stuff with homecooking. The pre-made stuff is just too much.

And I just got the email to go in for medical this Thursday to be considered for the Aug 30th class. And of course the nervousness of that and the paperwork is making my blood pressure spike like I'm sure it will be in the waiting room that day. I'm debating breaking keto and picking up some bananas and other foods that are supposed to help with blood pressure just for these next few days. 

Eat high potassium foods for the next few days, or, take a little potassium and magnesium if you can. Cut the sugar (bananas) and salt if you can, they make you retain water. Drink as much water as you can up to two days day before the medical and then drink as little as you can on the day before the medical. That way on the morning of the medical you won't be carrying a lot of water. The water really makes my pressure shoot up. Breathe from your stomach while you're there and especially when they take your blood pressure. 

Good luck. The worse that will happen is they'll have you lay down in a dark room for a little while and then test you again. You'll be fine.

6 hours ago, Embalmman said:

I was in ketosis, and 18 hours fasting during my medical. They  were using multi stix, but the nurse didn’t say anything about ketones.   Btw, IF and Keto have allowed me to lose 50 pounds since January 2021

Congrats on the weight loss. That's impressive!

17 hours ago, Harlem said:

Eat high potassium foods for the next few days, or, take a little potassium and magnesium if you can. Cut the sugar (bananas) and salt if you can, they make you retain water. Drink as much water as you can up to two days day before the medical and then drink as little as you can on the day before the medical. That way on the morning of the medical you won't be carrying a lot of water. The water really makes my pressure shoot up. Breathe from your stomach while you're there and especially when they take your blood pressure. 

Good luck. The worse that will happen is they'll have you lay down in a dark room for a little while and then test you again. You'll be fine.

Thank you. Yeah, I was going to buy the bananas and other stuff and realized taking in carbs all of a sudden might bloat me and shock my system which could throw off the other readings, and the main thing raising my blood pressure is the anxiety of doing this paperwork and the medical, which I don't think the food will help with. My usual reading are about 124/82, but this stuff seems to send it up to 138/92 or so. I'll do the best I can today since I have less than 24 hours now before the exam. Eat a lot of baby spinach and I have a good amount of vitamins I take every morning for blood pressure. Bought some beetroot powder to mix into tea and have some of that right before the exam, which supposedly having a cold drink immediately before the reading helps lower it too. Also downloaded a deep breathing app and I'm just going to focus only on that in the waiting room. My BMI's about 32 and my neck is less than 17" last I checked so this is really my only potential trouble point, and as a guy with no primary doctor or medical insurance, I don't know what I could do if I get put on hold. 

Now I have to get a money order and tackle this paperwork. Thank god it says in the instructions "do not get the pension forms notarized" because I read those forms first and started worrying about finding one today. 

13 hours ago, tvega961 said:

Did the drug test back in June. No medical email 

I'm in the same exact situation as you're in. I've also emailed Ms Vargas & RTO Employment. 16xx P/E on the 29th of June. According to this forum, if we were rejected we should have received a letter in the mail. I haven't gotten that letter either.

53 minutes ago, Shifty225 said:

I'm in the same exact situation as you're in. I've also emailed Ms Vargas & RTO Employment. 16xx P/E on the 29th of June. According to this forum, if we were rejected we should have received a letter in the mail. I haven't gotten that letter either.

That’s what I’m thinking. I’ve called earlier today but I think I have the wrong number to contact. 

Just got done my medical and was put on hold have to get a letter from my dr. To anyone else who had that same issue..they told me I had to email them to get another medical appointment..did they contact you quickly after you emailed them? Super bummed but going to try to get this alleviated quickly 

28 minutes ago, Bk180 said:

Just got done my medical and was put on hold have to get a letter from my dr. To anyone else who had that same issue..they told me I had to email them to get another medical appointment..did they contact you quickly after you emailed them? Super bummed but going to try to get this alleviated quickly 

What’s your list number?

3 hours ago, tvega961 said:

That’s what I’m thinking. I’ve called earlier today but I think I have the wrong number to contact. 

I was in the same spot, they responded to me within the same week and gave me a date for medical , which i’m currently on hold for my sleep test results.

this was last week when they responded and gave me new date

1 hour ago, Ironbravo said:

I was in the same spot, they responded to me within the same week and gave me a date for medical , which i’m currently on hold for my sleep test results.

this was last week when they responded and gave me new date

Appreciate all the info bro. I sent those emails on Monday so we'll see if they get back to me this week. I may just send them again on Friday. 

9 hours ago, Guts said:

Question! Just got my canvas email today. Are we only supposed to fill out the pre employment application form or the entire attached document?

the entire document, just read carefully and don't fill out anything you don't know. Sign everything that requires a signature.