ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

6 minutes ago, beanz said:

It's a great job but it requires some sacrifice as far as all the traveling in the beginning. If you haven't been a Cr for long then u must be xx anyway. What would suck is what happened to a classmate who was a Cr in the A division and our whole induction got sent to the B. He went back because the traveling was just too much which i understand being a Bronx resident.

Think about it long and hard but it really is a great job. Just be sure before u come cause it isn't the easiest.

Yea I’m currently in B div and I’m xx. Tbh if they told me I was getting sent to the A div I wouldn’t even consider it. Appreciate your input. Def will think about it 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, beanz said:

Actually i suggest being sure before taking the job. It's gonna be there but if he isn't sure, comes and takes a seat, and decides a month in he doesn't like it...then all he or she would be doing is taking a seat from someone else. A lot of conductors go back.

Exactly

Just now, nickynick86 said:

Yea I’m currently in B div and I’m xx. Tbh if they told me I was getting sent to the A div I wouldn’t even consider it. Appreciate your input. Def will think about it 

They just hired a BOATLOAD for B so you’re most likely going to be A from my source

8 minutes ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys I got sworn in today for the Aug 30th class.  When would be the best time to put in my 2 weeks for both my current jobs?

I put my two weeks today to depart from my current job on the 26th and have a nice 3 day weekend. You should be resigning before the 30th though so you do you. 

1 hour ago, Fiye said:

So b division isn’t looking to good for this aug. class? 

Nobody can say that for sure, but i can tell u B division is super short of train ops and conductors. I doubt they will just skip B division. 

Both are short, but B division is shorter i would say.

Edited by beanz

1 minute ago, beanz said:

Nobody can say that for sure, but i can tell u B division is super short of train ops and conductors. I doubt they will just skip B division. 

Both are short, but B division is shorter i would say.

I would assume that also especially with B having more lines. By the way it seems like everyone that made it to school car just disappeared lol. No updates anyone? 

4 minutes ago, Fiye said:

I would assume that also especially with B having more lines. By the way it seems like everyone that made it to school car just disappeared lol. No updates anyone? 

People are likely so mentally and physically exhausted they don't have time to post. Schoolcar in the summer is no joke. Walking around all these yards and trying to learn signals and all of that stuff leaves no time or energy for forums.

My class is about to finish YX and go back to the school to learn cbtc and then start road ops and road posting. We are scheduled to come out on the road in the end of October.

5 hours ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys I got sworn in today for the Aug 30th class.  When would be the best time to put in my 2 weeks for both my current jobs?

Depends on how long you want to take a break now before joining Transit. If you're in the 8/30 class, it will mean that next year you only get four vacation days and cannot pick a week off as the minimum is 5 days. With those four vacation days, you can either cash them out before the end of next year or you can request a day off 3-20 days in advanced stringing up to 3 days in a row IIRC, but good luck with that as you might not get all the days off.

Just now, dee-bees said:

Only by a hair on the blood pressure did I pass medical so I'm in for the class on the 30th. Got a long commute to do each day coming from Jersey but I knew that coming in to it. Now I just have to constantly stress out about passing the training. lol

You'll pass...it really isn't that hard if u put in the effort. The hardest part is getting to work on time. 

1 minute ago, beanz said:

You'll pass...it really isn't that hard if u put in the effort. The hardest part is getting to work on time. 

That's my biggest worry coming from Jersey since it means I have a couple extra trains to worry about being on time than just the subway. Trying to plan it so I get there at least 30 minutes before start time for a little leeway. 

25 minutes ago, Redsino85 said:

Can anyone provide me with a number to in contact with the employment center because I received a call and text for the canvassing but I did not get the email. Any help will be appreciated!

I had this same issue, you just need to show up in business casual attire at the time specified in the text and when you get there have the people at the window fix your email address. They had the wrong email for me. Bring your ID, birth certificate, social and diploma. Good Luck.

Just now, dee-bees said:

That's my biggest worry coming from Jersey since it means I have a couple extra trains to worry about being on time than just the subway. Trying to plan it so I get there at least 30 minutes before start time for a little leeway. 

If you're ever late due to a train delay write down the car numbers on the train and give it to the at ps248 when you're at the school or to your assigned tss during school car don't make up random numbers because they will find out best of luck on your new adventure :)

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

If you're ever late due to a train delay write down the car numbers on the train and give it to the at ps248 when you're at the school or to your assigned tss during school car don't make up random numbers because they will find out best of luck on your new adventure :)

Thanks. I'll be sure to do that if it comes up. Don't know if they would accept that for the Jersey bus and PATH I'll have to use, but at least the subway would be covered. 

13 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

Thanks. I'll be sure to do that if it comes up. Don't know if they would accept that for the Jersey bus and PATH I'll have to use, but at least the subway would be covered. 

Yeah they can't check NJT but the trains for the MTA they could most definitely check and it'll be excused. If they see that it was in fact late.