ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

10 hours ago, DJLilFace222 said:

I am also confused on how or when the T/O Test will come out. I spoke with other T/Os. One said that the test was about to come out to the public, another said that it would be promotional. Does any one have any clues on how it will come out?

From what I’ve heard; the last open competitive test for T/O was in 2017, which was the test everybody on this list took.

Future tests for T/O would be promotionals only. That’s from supervisors.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

From what I’ve heard; the last open competitive test for T/O was in 2017, which was the test everybody on this list took.

Future tests for T/O would be promotionals only. That’s from supervisors.

Oh wow I wasn't aware that was the last competitive test. I guess we are the lucky ones. Maybe that will change in the future?

10 hours ago, DJLilFace222 said:

I am also confused on how or when the T/O Test will come out. I spoke with other T/Os. One said that the test was about to come out to the public, another said that it would be promotional. Does any one have any clues on how it will come out?

If a new application and test will come out that would be years from now, since they havent gone through the current list.

2 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

Oh wow I wasn't aware that was the last competitive test. I guess we are the lucky ones. Maybe that will change in the future?

They've been saying such and such is the last open competitive test for years now. Maybe it is; maybe it isn't. We shall see.

5 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

They've been saying such and such is the last open competitive test for years now. Maybe it is; maybe it isn't. We shall see.

Well this test expires next year September so maybe after it expires they may extended? Not sure or would be a new test for train operator

19 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

You guys think from now till next year September would they get up to 7000 plus?

7000 plus is not possible in my opinion. But they will probably extend the list. I mean they went through 2700 in 4 and a half years, 5000 in 10 months is not possible. 

5 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

I'm not sure. I'm 26xx and I haven't gotten the job yet so I really don't know how many people they will hire next year.

This waiting game stressful lol waiting patiently everyday for the email or phone call for the medical 

Just now, Pete23 said:

This waiting game stressful lol waiting patiently everyday for the email or phone call for the medical 

Yea, I hear ya. When I got the call for my first drug test, they said there were classes in November and December of 2018. But January came and I heard nothing back so I thought I messed something up or failed the drug test and thought it was the end of it. Then in April they sent another letter out of nowhere to get drug tested again. Their lack of communication of offering updates is certainly not good.

10 hours ago, Pete23 said:

me too, I check my email every 10 minutes lol...I guess if they don't call us by mid November we have to go re-do the drug test again. 

4 minutes ago, Ricardo924 said:

Question for those of you on the job already. I’m supposed to report to T/O school at 7 AM. Did you keep the same schedule after training as well? 

Once you're out on your own the crew office will deal with all your scheduling. So it won't be the same they can change your tour and days off until you're able to pick a job.

5 minutes ago, Ricardo924 said:

Question for those of you on the job already. I’m supposed to report to T/O school at 7 AM. Did you keep the same schedule after training as well? 

Your days off and tour will change. It’s unlikely they’ll give you AM’s when you come out of schoolcar; though I’ve seen it happen.

6 minutes ago, Ricardo924 said:

Unfortunately, you will not. The subway runs 24/7. You will be at the mercy of the crew office in any tour and reporting location of your division. You will not have a set time and location until you get to pick a job or win a job on the vacancy bid.

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

Once you're out on your own the crew office will deal with all your scheduling. So it won't be the same they can change your tour and days off until you're able to pick a job.

A couple of people mention they don't change the tour much or at all even as extra extra, is it usually the case? Is pm tour the one they usually give people out of school car? That would be my first choice honestly. 

1 hour ago, FilippoSironi said:

A couple of people mention they don't change the tour much or at all even as extra extra, is it usually the case? Is pm tour the one they usually give people out of school car? That would be my first choice honestly. 

PM’s and Midnights are usually what they give newbies.

But you will fill out a “wish list” asking for certain tours & days off.

You will most likely not get everything you ask for, but sometimes people get lucky.

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

You will most likely not get everything you ask for, but sometimes people get lucky.

Ok thanks. I would probably choose pm maybe I'll get lucky. 

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

Now how do they start off with newbies do the start in the yard and the move up to work service and then revenue service?

1 hour ago, CJ21292 said:

Now how do they start off with newbies do the start in the yard and the move up to work service and then revenue service?

After you finish school car, you’ll be on the road.

Your first day will seem abrupt, like you’re just tossed out into the wild, but it won’t be too bad if you paid attention.

They usually have the TSS at that terminal ride with you for the first or second half of the trip.

Here's a bit of advice it was given to me when I was new hasn't steered me wrong in twenty years...

A. There’s never a stupid question.

B. Ask if you don’t know ask again, never assume anything..

C. Try to report to work early it’s a good habit to have , not just on time..

D. Whenever there’s “down time” (WAA on Board or even a drop) keep up with bulletins…

E. Try not to take to heart what the loudest person in the crew room says when it comes to the job…