Enhanced Station Initiative

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

This has been planned and is for Elevator installation.

Maybe Gun Hill Road is getting both elevator installation and a regular station renovation, because Flushing Avenue and Winthrop Street are being renovated and they haven't been confirmed in receiving elevators.

20 hours ago, Derrick Tan said:

Maybe Gun Hill Road is getting both elevator installation and a regular station renovation, because Flushing Avenue and Winthrop Street are being renovated and they haven't been confirmed in receiving elevators.

I agree with this. Hopefully it's true, which I wouldn't doubt it. Hopefully Pelham Pkwy will get renovated in the next capital plan. It's the last tunnel station without WiFi.

So, the service changes mean that Flushing Avenue on the (G) is going to get a double renovation: a normal renovation and an ESI renovation. So I'm guessing the one-month renovation for the Church Avenue-bound platform won't be that month if it's getting an ESI renovation a couple of years later.

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Bedford avenue looks like it's going to be an updated version of 63 St (F)(Q) and the Second Avenue station.

If that's so then that's a waste of money, seems like they're only doing that because hipsters live there. They wouldn't do that to any other station outside of second Ave.. just my opinion.

45 minutes ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

If that's so then that's a waste of money, seems like they're only doing that because hipsters live there. They wouldn't do that to any other station outside of second Ave.. just my opinion.

I could be wrong though. I do know that most of the tiles are off the walls though. Pretty sure that that station will get special treatment with the expansion of the station (due to being connected to the (L) shutdown) and Bedford avenue would likely at least look like an ESI station.

15 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I could be wrong though. I do know that most of the tiles are off the walls though. Pretty sure that that station will get special treatment with the expansion of the station (due to being connected to the (L) shutdown) and Bedford avenue would likely at least look like an ESI station.

I could see the latter being a better possibility.. No way would they make it look like Second Ave. I do think that they have to keep the station similar to how it was built because of the mosaics..

Edited by ABOGbrooklyn

17 minutes ago, Derrick Tan said:

So how long will it be predicted that the MTA finishes the elevators at Bedford Avenue and 1st Avenue stations?

Anyone’s guess. I passed by 1 Avenue today, and I couldn’t see any visible progress on the platform or on street level. Just the same blue wall that was put up last year. I would’ve expected at least a visible elevator skeleton by now, but then again I don’t know much about elevator construction. 

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:59 AM, Derrick Tan said:

So how long will it be predicted that the MTA finishes the elevators at Bedford Avenue and 1st Avenue stations?

Both elevators are expected to be operational in November 2020.

10 minutes ago, Lance said:

If I'm not mistaken, they'll have to do so for every full renovation. Let's see if they try to get around it by doing more "component repairs" instead of full rehabs. If they do, I foresee another suit.

The MTA had been planning to do away with full station rehabs and replace them with component repairs before Cuomo shoved ESI down the Agency's throat and they will go back to doing that.

22 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

The MTA had been planning to do away with full station rehabs and replace them with component repairs before Cuomo shoved ESI down the Agency's throat and they will go back to doing that.

What exactly is the difference between the two?

53 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

IIRC, certain components (e.g. paint) wear out much faster than other components (e.g. stairs) so it's more limited repairs but on different cycles for each component.

What about the platform edge? And the walls for elevated lines?

23 hours ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

What exactly is the difference between the two?

Easiest way to demonstrate this: On the (R) on 4th Avenue, 25th Street got component repairs and Prospect Avenue got the full ESI and the two look very different. 

IMPO 25th looks half assed, but that's just me.

45 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Easiest way to demonstrate this: On the (R) on 4th Avenue, 25th Street got component repairs and Prospect Avenue got the full ESI and the two look very different. 

IMPO 25th looks half assed, but that's just me.

Haven't been passed 25 street in a while. Is it like 45th Street?