Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, hh1a said:

Hi everyone

Does anyone here have a medical/final process appointment this coming week ?

If you do, what is the date of the class you are being considered for ?

I went on the 19th of this month for drug tests. I’m still waiting for a call/email back for medical/final processing. Hopefully I’ll get it this coming week

I don't recall if this has been asked here but for those in track what is the optimal way to check into work?

Do you meet at a central yard or do you just show up to a worksite?

I'm thinking ahead in regards to parking and if that is even an option since I would probably be commuting in.

55 minutes ago, bimmer4me said:

I don't recall if this has been asked here but for those in track what is the optimal way to check into work?

Do you meet at a central yard or do you just show up to a worksite?

I'm thinking ahead in regards to parking and if that is even an option since I would probably be commuting in.

Capital Nights you report to your quarters and get sent out from there on most occasions.

Capital Days 99% of the time you don't ever touch your quarters and you go directly to the job site.

Maintenance Days/Nights you report directly to your quarters and wait to get sent out.

Fabrication/Work Trains you report directly to the yard and work there.

3 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Capital Nights you report to your quarters and get sent out from there on most occasions.

Capital Days 99% of the time you don't ever touch your quarters and you go directly to the job site.

Maintenance Days/Nights you report directly to your quarters and wait to get sent out.

Capital sounds like fun. Seniority is everything but hopefully I can mini pick into anything that is nights, preferably the Bronx. When do you guys get the commute passes? I'm thinking of just taking the New Haven MNR in from Connecticut. It's great up here in the north so I don't mind the travel. It's really a 40 minute drive at night but I don't think its worth the risk while on probation I take it.

Edited by Zoey

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

Capital sounds like fun. Seniority is everything but hopefully I can mini pick into anything that is nights, preferably the Bronx. When do you guys get the commute passes? I'm thinking of just taking the New Haven MNR in from Connecticut. It's great up here in the north so I don't mind the travel. It's really a 40 minute drive at night but I don't think its worth the risk while on probation I take it.

You never know alot of guys that just got hired got into capital days on the main pick as far as the commuter passes you get them right before you get sworn in if im not mistaken 

23 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Thanks for the answer. Fabrication/ work trains sounds very interesting.  Idk how choices go but I think I’d like that. I enjoyed being a a fixed post at my current employers much rather than being mobile. I enjoy the focus I get from  such environments 

23 minutes ago, hh1a said:

How did you do on your medical?

What class date are you being considered for ?

It went smooth until the last part where I met the doctor. I did the EKG, Vision, Hearing etc. fast but then I got put on medical hold for my beard and had to go shave it off and come back to finish out the process 😑 I also had to go to Kings Court and get my disposition and come back. I'm sure a lot of people finished early but it was an all day thing for me I left close to 5 pm. But After it all I made it through and got my Photo ID / Finger printed and given my start date. Best of lucky guys

Start date is for Nov 29th Class 

On 11/8/2021 at 5:38 PM, bimmer4me said:

Thanks for the answer. Fabrication/ work trains sounds very interesting.  Idk how choices go but I think I’d like that. I enjoyed being a a fixed post at my current employers much rather than being mobile. I enjoy the focus I get from  such environments 

Going to have to put about 10 years on to get those spots lol 

On 11/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, FromBK2LI said:

It went smooth until the last part where I met the doctor. I did the EKG, Vision, Hearing etc. fast but then I got put on medical hold for my beard and had to go shave it off and come back to finish out the process 😑 I also had to go to Kings Court and get my disposition and come back. I'm sure a lot of people finished early but it was an all day thing for me I left close to 5 pm. But After it all I made it through and got my Photo ID / Finger printed and given my start date. Best of lucky guys

Start date is for Nov 29th Class 

Congratulations Good luck on training 👍

What did they tell you about the covid vaccine requirement ?

Thanks

On 11/16/2021 at 1:56 AM, hh1a said:

Congratulations Good luck on training 👍

What did they tell you about the covid vaccine requirement ?

Thanks

Nothing really that I can recall, I think they have you fill out if you are vaccinated or willing to get the vaccine but all the doctor asked for is a copy of my vaccine card and that was it.

Early 1000s. Did pre-employment  canvas in mid October.

This is very exciting.

Some questions. In regards to my pay question. How long does it take to reach top pay for this position? Is it the normal 5/6 years ?

Worst case scenario here...what is the 1 in 3 rule and when does that letter generally come out? Not super worried but you never know.

Edited by bimmer4me