Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

2 hours ago, bchen9786 said:

Got an email today for 64x for the drug screening and the appointment is tomorrow. Is there any way I can defer the appointment? I'm still overseas I wish they gave more notice I would rush back to take the test. 

Try emailing these people:

RTOEmploymentOperations@nyct.com
Nayibel.Mejia-Burbano@nyct.com
Michelle.Rivera-Vargas@nyct.com
Olha.nyahay@nyct.com

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, TraDon said:

Try emailing these people:

RTOEmploymentOperations@nyct.com
Nayibel.Mejia-Burbano@nyct.com
Michelle.Rivera-Vargas@nyct.com
Olha.nyahay@nyct.com

Sent an email to all of them tried calling the employment center several times today got no reply. I have a holiday next month and I can return to the states for about a month hopefully I can get everything sorted and hired within that time and then I can go back to pack up all my loose ends overseas and move back to the city.

2 hours ago, bchen9786 said:

Sent an email to all of them tried calling the employment center several times today got no reply. I have a holiday next month and I can return to the states for about a month hopefully I can get everything sorted and hired within that time and then I can go back to pack up all my loose ends overseas and move back to the city.

Try Olha Nyahay @ 347-643-8217 and Michelle Riverva-Vargas @ (347) 643-8218

Also, try Emma Marie Rivera (manager of employment operations and EVP/human resources)

347-643-8523

Emma.Rivera@nyct.com

As well as Patricia Lodge (image info below)1050653838_VPLodgeBusinessCard.jpg.7f16a

Hope you're able to get through. Keep trying.

Hey guys, I just received this text.

New York City Transit is considering you for a Train Operator position and invites to you our facility at 180 Livingston Street, 5th floor, Brooklyn NY, 1 1 2 0 1 on Thursday, September 23, 2021  at  3:30 PM for your pre-employment process. Please check your email and follow all instructions in order to prevent a delay in your processing and bring your completed application with you.

I haven’t received the email. Does this look right to you guys? Can someone please tell me what I should bring with me tomorrow? Also, do you guys think the MTA sent this message in error?? Thank you all! List #21xx

8 minutes ago, Redsino85 said:

Hey guys, I just received this text.

New York City Transit is considering you for a Train Operator position and invites to you our facility at 180 Livingston Street, 5th floor, Brooklyn NY, 1 1 2 0 1 on Thursday, September 23, 2021  at  3:30 PM for your pre-employment process. Please check your email and follow all instructions in order to prevent a delay in your processing and bring your completed application with you.

I haven’t received the email. Does this look right to you guys? Can someone please tell me what I should bring with me tomorrow? Also, do you guys think the MTA sent this message in error?? Thank you all! List #21xx

Are you on the list for Track Worker, exam number 8600 or Train Operator, exam number 7604?

On 9/21/2021 at 11:54 PM, TraDon said:

Try Olha Nyahay @ 347-643-8217 and Michelle Riverva-Vargas @ (347) 643-8218

Also, try Emma Marie Rivera (manager of employment operations and EVP/human resources)

347-643-8523

Emma.Rivera@nyct.com

As well as Patricia Lodge (image info below)1050653838_VPLodgeBusinessCard.jpg.7f16a

Hope you're able to get through. Keep trying.

Was able to get through to Olha she gave me the information to someone else whose apparently not in the office this week. She said that she doesn't handle hiring for this department and the other person isn't in the office. But she gave me pretty much an idea of what I needed to do just nothing specific because it's not her department as she said. Thank you for your help! :) 

1 hour ago, bchen9786 said:

Was able to get through to Olha she gave me the information to someone else whose apparently not in the office this week. She said that she doesn't handle hiring for this department and the other person isn't in the office. But she gave me pretty much an idea of what I needed to do just nothing specific because it's not her department as she said. Thank you for your help! :) 

You're welcome. I hope it all works out and you get the job. 👍

1 hour ago, Rj617 said:

Received a call / text to go down for pre-employment process on Tuesday. List # in 700s. Just keep a eye out for emails and phone calls. Good luck to all

Awesome. Good luck brother! List is moving fast. Hopefully I get called within the next week or 2. Let’s go!

Can anyone tell me how long the training is? I was supposed to start training on Monday the 27th of Sept but I can’t make it. They said I can start on October 18th instead. I need to know what are the hours and where is the training and for how long if anyone knows. Trying to see if I can hold on to my job. Also, have they mentioned the likely shift after training ends? Just trying to plan my future. Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Michelle22 said:

Can anyone tell me how long the training is? I was supposed to start training on Monday the 27th of Sept but I can’t make it. They said I can start on October 18th instead. I need to know what are the hours and where is the training and for how long if anyone knows. Trying to see if I can hold on to my job. Also, have they mentioned the likely shift after training ends? Just trying to plan my future. Thanks. 

Training is 2 weeks in class 4 weeks in a yard. 2 week training in class room can be pms 3-11pm or Ams  8-4pm, depends on how they schedule it. The Yard training for 4 weeks is 8-4pm. You will be off sat/sun during the whole 6 weeks. Shift after training varies but for you will most likely be nights 10pm-6pm or 11pm-7pm in various  locations. 

A lot of these types of questions have been answered a bunch of times in this forum already. When you get time just start from page 1 and read through everything. There’s a lot of great information in it.

Just a hypothetical question,  if all goes well on Tuesday with the screening, do you find out that day if and when you start training? Just trying to get a idea cause I'm currently living out of state and ready to move back up north for this opportunity.  I appreciate all feedback cause I need to plan moving my family.  Thx

If you are going in for the drug test they will have you come back around 2 weeks for the medical and final processing on your medical date you will get a start date and get sworn in .. so yes if you are going down for medical you get a start date and it will be in the email with what to bring for your medical 

1 hour ago, Jaybag said:

If you are going in for the drug test they will have you come back around 2 weeks for the medical and final processing on your medical date you will get a start date and get sworn in .. so yes if you are going down for medical you get a start date and it will be in the email with what to bring for your medical 

I appreciate the feedback,  I was under the impression that the drug test and medical were done simultaneously. Appreciate the response.  I have to save for another round trip flight lol

4 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

Training is 2 weeks in class 4 weeks in a yard. 2 week training in class room can be pms 3-11pm or Ams  8-4pm, depends on how they schedule it. The Yard training for 4 weeks is 8-4pm. You will be off sat/sun during the whole 6 weeks. Shift after training varies but for you will most likely be nights 10pm-6pm or 11pm-7pm in various  locations. 

A lot of these types of questions have been answered a bunch of times in this forum already. When you get time just start from page 1 and read through everything. There’s a lot of great information in it.

You obviously made the main pick but for those who now get otj, do they have the juniors filling in for random gangs or do you stay with what you choose during the mini pick throughout the duration of when the main pick comes out? I want Bronx nights lol

3 hours ago, Zoey said:

You obviously made the main pick but for those who now get otj, do they have the juniors filling in for random gangs or do you stay with what you choose during the mini pick throughout the duration of when the main pick comes out? I want Bronx nights lol

I’m not exactly sure, there’s probably a few more ppl on this forum with more exp down here that can answer that question for you. 

I would assume though during training when you do your x pick, you would prolly be stuck with w/e you pick for a while. I could be wrong though. 

Edited by Kidbx175

I'll be going in tomorrow for a drug test and was wondering if I'm offered employment,  is it OK to have out of state ID? I have family I can stay with until I can move my family back to NY but I currently have an out of state ID and was wondering if I had to change it to a NY state ID for employment. 

55 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

I'll be going in tomorrow for a drug test and was wondering if I'm offered employment,  is it OK to have out of state ID? I have family I can stay with until I can move my family back to NY but I currently have an out of state ID and was wondering if I had to change it to a NY state ID for employment. 

You will not be offered employment right after the drug test.

In the Notice of Examination found here you'll see the residency requirement says that residency in NYC is not required for this position.

The supervisor had told us that the last class will be January. He also said that there will be October and November classes but not a December class due to the holidays. So it sounds like there may be a break for hiring after January. Hope this helps for the people still waiting.

Edited by Steve78

18 hours ago, Vic said:

Did someone say they are calling in the 7xx's? I'm high 6xx's and haven't received an email or text. Does that mean I should contact the office?

Yes contact or go down to livingston

On 9/27/2021 at 12:04 PM, Rj617 said:

No plenty of the night force lives in NJ, PA.

you will need to switch to a NY id for the CDL positions if you so choose to go for them when the time comes

On 9/25/2021 at 2:03 AM, Zoey said:

For the moment you will stay where picked during the mini pick/x pick at ojt. They had a bunch of new hires after the last pick/change over 3 years ago. These guys stayed where they picked in OJT after the change over. About a year later those temp spots guys meet up and did their own mini pick, it like it was like 300 guys. 

Which of you new guys just got sent to my quarters at Delancey. 5 pineapples showed up last night.