Systemwide CBTC - Planning and Implementation

Union Tpke

@RR503 Do you know what's up with this?

New York City Transit

Project:    T7080329    
Description:    Upgrade 25 Hz AC Main Cable and De-Ion Switches - Design Only    
Category:    Signals & Communications    
Element:    Signal Modernization    
xxxxxxxxxx
This project will fund design activities for a future project to upgrade alternating current (AC) main cables and de-ion switches on the Lexington Avenue Line between Wall Street Station and 96 Street Station in the borough of Manhattan to provide continue reliable operation of the automatic signals that are not modernized on the Lexington Avenue Line until the implementation of Communications Based Train Control (CBTC). Schedule dates are not available, due to project being under development.

http://web.mta.info/capitaldashboard/allframenew_head.html?PROJNUM=t7080329&PLTYPE=5&DISPLAYALL=Y

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Union Tpke said:

@RR503 Do you know what's up with this?

New York City Transit

Project:    T7080329    
Description:    Upgrade 25 Hz AC Main Cable and De-Ion Switches - Design Only    
Category:    Signals & Communications    
Element:    Signal Modernization    
xxxxxxxxxx
This project will fund design activities for a future project to upgrade alternating current (AC) main cables and de-ion switches on the Lexington Avenue Line between Wall Street Station and 96 Street Station in the borough of Manhattan to provide continue reliable operation of the automatic signals that are not modernized on the Lexington Avenue Line until the implementation of Communications Based Train Control (CBTC). Schedule dates are not available, due to project being under development.

http://web.mta.info/capitaldashboard/allframenew_head.html?PROJNUM=t7080329&PLTYPE=5&DISPLAYALL=Y

This is just them upgrading the backend circuitry of Lex. The signals there variously date from the 1930s-1960s (if you look closely, there are a bunch of automatics that still have the IRT ‘middle red’ aspects) and it seems they’ve decided that whatever cabling and circuit breakers exist today have reached the end of their useful life (unsurprising).

I’m interested by the “that are not modernized” qualification in the description paragraph, I will say. That suggests that there will be automatics that are modernized (ie AWS) maybe??

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Dec 23rd scheduled start date of CBTC on Queens Blvd...

ONE station to start From Roosevelt to 71ST on 3 and 4 tracks only...

Echo and Fox crews along with VR and XL people are being qualified...

Me being One of them..

Its very interesting they using the same system as the Larry Line but with a few modifications...

Edited by RTOMan

12 minutes ago, Eric B said:

What happens when (M) and (R) need to be rerouted to the express, like to run around a problem?

They'll be in bypass (or a R46) so WSP will be in effect...

Oh they'll get those TOs eventually as well...

Edited by RTOMan

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

Dec 23rd scheduled start date of CBTC on Queens Blvd...

ONE station to start From Roosevelt to 71ST on 3 and 4 tracks only...

Echo and Fox crews along with VR and XL people are being qualified...

Me being One of them..

Its very interesting they using the same system as the Larry Line but with a few modifications...

Sources?? December 23rd, 2019 or 2020-2022??

7 hours ago, subwayfan1998 said:

There No estimated date of completion for this project.

Of coruse they are going to tell you that...

Im in CBTC training and they told Us the start date for it is Dec 23rd...

Only from what i was told Roosevelt to 71st ave.

Read again what they said to you.....

Edited by RTOMan

38 minutes ago, subwayfan1998 said:

Also This? Why they said is in testing phase?

Because it is...

You think testing always applies to trains not being in passenger service?

I suggest you wait.. Like everyone else is and when you see it you see it.

Be patient...

Edited by RTOMan

1 hour ago, subwayfan1998 said:

You said it will be activated on December 23rd

1 hour ago, subwayfan1998 said:

I Thought CBTC on QBL will completed by Fall of 2021.

It seems like you’re not paying attention. 

What @RTOMan is trying to explain is that in order for QBL CBTC to debut in 2021 without any issues or failures, they have to test the signal system first.

The test will begin on December 23rd 2019, and will take place between Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue and Forest Hills-71st Avenue. If successful, then they’ll likely test CBTC in other locations along QBL. Keep in mind this is just Speculation, anything can change at any moment. 

Last, but not least. I think that @Maxwell179 meant that your action of repeating the statements in your posts and your actions of spamming are stupid. There is no direct indication that he called you stupid whatsoever. 

@Maxwell179 correct me if I’m wrong.