MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Just so all of us are on the same page, you are referring to these forms, right? I looked over these forms myself and it didn't say anything anything specific as far as a passport, birth certificate, social security card or anything to that nature.

@young yes those are the same forms. Ok so I didn’t overlook where they requested those extra docs. So you guys gets ready I’m sure they are going to email you too soon to request those additional docs.  Going to keep you posted. 

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For pre-employment, they will always ask to see your birth certificate and social and drivers license, and the cdl permit every single time you are at that window even if they saw it already.  Keep all your documents with you at all times, they require it during pre-employment. Its always good to carry them when you are at 180.

When you are filling those applications they will go through your employment history, and they will go through dates. They are actually doing you a favor by doing this. They will ask you for reasons for any gaps.  If you were unemployed from such and such date, put that down. You were employed for just a month ? Put that down. This all make the background check go smoother for you and for them, but really for you. 

7 hours ago, Moody said:

For pre-employment, they will always ask to see your birth certificate and social and drivers license, and the cdl permit every single time you are at that window even if they saw it already.  Keep all your documents with you at all times, they require it during pre-employment. Its always good to carry them when you are at 180.

When you are filling those applications they will go through your employment history, and they will go through dates. They are actually doing you a favor by doing this. They will ask you for reasons for any gaps.  If you were unemployed from such and such date, put that down. You were employed for just a month ? Put that down. This all make the background check go smoother for you and for them, but really for you. 

Ok so I should be expecting an email tomorrow or sometime this week. I sent my info out on Friday it was due by Friday. 

1 hour ago, Natalie said:

I received an email today saying to be on the lookout for an email to have a drug test scheduled. Do you guys know if we will have to go in for a drug test or if they will send us somewhere?

Before the pandemic began, they did the drug-testing in-house on the 5th Floor of 180 Livingston Street. However, with the fact that the drug test laboratory waiting area was easily known for getting 'backed-up' on more than one occasion, I would say it's a 50/50 chance  as far as going somewhere else.

Only time will tell. The good news is that you mentioned the word "scheduled," so hopefully the drug test laboratory waiting are won't be 'backed up' if and when you report to 180 Livingston Street.

10 hours ago, Natalie said:

@young should we tell them all medication we are on or are they just looking for drugs and alcohol?

Primarily illegal drugs and alcohol, such as amphetamine, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine, and marijuana. Now if they find caffeine in your system, that is 100% acceptable.

@Biggington I have. Someone emailed me back and requested additional documents and after I submitted them, he replied “look out for an email scheduling a drug test”. But after that I haven’t heard anything. I’m sure you will hear something soon. Let’s all keep each other posted. Does anyone know when the next class is?

27 minutes ago, Natalie said:

@Biggington I have. Someone emailed me back and requested additional documents and after I submitted them, he replied “look out for an email scheduling a drug test”. But after that I haven’t heard anything. I’m sure you will hear something soon. Let’s all keep each other posted. Does anyone know when the next class is?

When did you receive an email?

@Shayc10 @Natalie mind sharing your list number? I am 119X

I sent over my application on Thursday and Friday I received a reply saying that the application was Incomplete. I filled out the missing items and sent it over but never received a reply after that. Ruby Robinson was the person who replied to me first and she had told me when she opened the document that it wasn’t showing it was complete. I am just worried they never got the complete application and emailed them today as a follow up asking if they received everything correctly. 

On 6/18/2020 at 9:56 AM, Johnny1227 said:

Good afternoon everyone,has any received any updates or have an email to access them?

Haven't heard anything yet, still waiting. will definietly update when I receive a correspondence.  

4 hours ago, Natalie said:

That email makes me feel like theres light at the end of the tunnel lol. 

22 hours ago, Biggington said:

@Shayc10 @Natalie mind sharing your list number? I am 119X

I sent over my application on Thursday and Friday I received a reply saying that the application was Incomplete. I filled out the missing items and sent it over but never received a reply after that. Ruby Robinson was the person who replied to me first and she had told me when she opened the document that it wasn’t showing it was complete. I am just worried they never got the complete application and emailed them today as a follow up asking if they received everything correctly. 

I’m list number 8xx

I also did my application and submitted it last saturday and Hr also called me about incomplete paperwork. we went back and forth a couple of times but everything worked out. So today I got another email telling me to report to 180 Livingston for a Pre Interview on Friday July 31st  I don't know what that means but they want me to bring my birth certificate, SS, and CDL. Does anyone know what would the process would be like ?  My list number was 26**

47 minutes ago, Markito said:

I also did my application and submitted it last saturday and Hr also called me about incomplete paperwork. we went back and forth a couple of times but everything worked out. So today I got another email telling me to report to 180 Livingston for a Pre Interview on Friday July 31st  I don't know what that means but they want me to bring my birth certificate, SS, and CDL. Does anyone know what would the process would be like ?  My list number was 26**

Probably review your paperwork followed by a drug test. Right now Zerega is clearing up the backlog of students they put on pause due to COVID and it looks like they'll be done with the backlog by the last week of July. Good news is that means they should be starting up a class as soon as the backlog is cleared.

1 hour ago, Markito said:

So today I got another email telling me to report to 180 Livingston for a Pre Interview on Friday July 31st  I don't know what that means but they want me to bring my birth certificate, SS, and CDL. Does anyone know what would the process would be like?

This "pre-interview" sounds like a new thing, Whatever it entails, good luck and please keep us posted!!

6 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Probably review your paperwork followed by a drug test. Right now Zerega is clearing up the backlog of students they put on pause due to COVID and it looks like they'll be done with the backlog by the last week of July. Good news is that means they should be starting up a class as soon as the backlog is cleared.

Thats good news. I had a march 30th training class, I was sworn in and everything, and they made me have to recertify all over again, I did that, now im waiting to go back on the list again, this will be the 2nd time. And I guess ill have to do medical and drug test.  At the same time, I count myself safe. I wish they can just call us up and start training and not have to deal with recertifying and doing the whole process when it wasn't our fault.  

And theres not like a number you can call, the only time I spoke to anyone was at DCAS who said to recertify, after I got an email from another person from 180 livingston days later saying my appointment time rain out, even after I was sworn in. Its just the whole process is so tedious.  We get hired and sworn in, and then pademic, happens, and then training postponed. 

Edited by Moody

Good Morning hope everyone continues to stay safe during the current state of affairs. NYC MTA EXAM Unit as of yesterdays date 7/27/2020 resumed the hiring process for MTA  MaBstoa Exam: 9100.  That is currently the only exam the company is hiring for at this particular moment. For further questions you can call 347-643-7221 or 7222. FYI use discretion as they are overloaded with work from being on lock down due to the COVID-19 Pandemic they will respond Via mail, email or by phone eventually.