B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.ad709944b622affec9979d37954c1e50.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9604

List Status:  This list has been established as of November 27, 2019, with an expiration date, as of now, of November 27th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.19 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

19 minutes ago, BoRi1976 said:

After I did my medical, they asked me for the money order and I didn't have it. I told them that nowhere on the email they sent me did it say anything about a money order. They processed my fingerprints and asked me to bring the money order the next day. Thankfully I only live 20 mins away. But to answer your question... DON'T be LATE!!! Good Luck👍

😄 everyone had different experiences. I had everything from the get go. I only gave them the money order when it’s time for final processing. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, misslo said:

😄 everyone had different experiences. I had everything from the get go. I only gave them the money order when it’s time for final processing. 

I guess thats Livingston for you🤣 I'd rather deal with rude ass customers on a bus than to deal with all those people they deal with on a daily basis in an office. I would have an attitude too🤣

27 minutes ago, BoRi1976 said:

After I did my medical, they asked me for the money order and I didn't have it. I told them that nowhere on the email they sent me did it say anything about a money order. They processed my fingerprints and asked me to bring the money order the next day. Thankfully I only live 20 mins away. But to answer your question... DON'T be LATE!!! Good Luck👍

Usually when they call you in for the medical they're going to include the money order since that will most likely be the same day for your final processing should your medical check out. I don't know how it's being done these days but that's how I did it.

26 minutes ago, BoRi1976 said:

My Guy!!! I've been running on that B35🥵🤣

I'm on it too this pick. It really was not as bad as it is now when I started over two years back. It's really sharpened my skills driving those artics though LOL

3 minutes ago, SoSpectacular said:

Usually when they call you in for the medical they're going to include the money order since that will most likely be the same day for your final processing should your medical check out. I don't know how it's being done these days but that's how I did it.

I'm on it too this pick. It really was not as bad as it is now when I started over two years back. It's really sharpened my skills driving those artics though LOL

You at Gleason? 

1 hour ago, BoRi1976 said:

Oh ok. I'm on the Xtra list w Mon/Tues off. I'm a probie

Ah. Hope you're doing alright, I seem to see the same faces on the B35 as extras cause when people put in their OT slips they always write "NO 35" on them. I had to sort them out once when I was sitting on report one day lol

6 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

Ah. Hope you're doing alright, I seem to see the same faces on the B35 as extras cause when people put in their OT slips they always write "NO 35" on them. I had to sort them out once when I was sitting on report one day lol

Thx. Yeah it's kind of exciting on Church Ave. Never a dull moment🤣 

3 hours ago, hh1a said:

Hi Congratulations and good luck at Zerega 10 day

I just wanted to ask you what did they say about the covid vaccine requirement ?

Thanks

You have to be completely vaxed. 

their definition of that is you had your required 1 or 2 shots and 10 days has passed. 

if that’s not the case they pulled you off the line and told you to come back when you were. Happened to 2 ppl I saw 

7 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

You have to be completely vaxed. 

their definition of that is you had your required 1 or 2 shots and 10 days has passed. 

if that’s not the case they pulled you off the line and told you to come back when you were. Happened to 2 ppl I saw 

I was one of them 😔 I have a medical accommodation from them but they haven’t approved it yet…. She told me even though I had everything there with me to prove it it’s other department who approves it so until they don’t approve it I can’t finish the process.

1 hour ago, KDGallagher said:

Need to get some boots for training, any recommendations? 

nothing too pricey hopefully as I assume they’ll be giving me work boots when/if I pass training. 

I bought the brand called bates(my husband works for TA and told me they’re one of the best and most comfortable)

On 11/10/2021 at 4:43 PM, hh1a said:

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their religious accommodation to the vaccine requirement approved or denied ?

Thanks

I sent mines some weeks ago and they haven’t approved it yet. Went to Livingston yesterday and couldn’t do the process because it hasn’t been approved and I couldn’t stay on the building if I wasn’t vax 

15 hours ago, Evowl03 said:

I sent mines some weeks ago and they haven’t approved it yet. Went to Livingston yesterday and couldn’t do the process because it hasn’t been approved and I couldn’t stay on the building if I wasn’t vax 

sorry to hear that, so because they are taking so long to approve it you missed the class, unbelievable

Did they let you take the drug test on Day 1 while you were waiting for your accomodation ?

3 hours ago, hh1a said:

sorry to hear that, so because they are taking so long to approve it you missed the class, unbelievable

Did they let you take the drug test on Day 1 while you were waiting for your accomodation ?

Yes it is unbelievable I was supposed to start on the Sunday class…

yes they let me because for day 1 the vaccine requirement was not in effect. It got in effect on the 14th of November. It’s just amazing what’s going on 🤯

18 minutes ago, Evowl03 said:

Yes it is unbelievable I was supposed to start on the Sunday class…

yes they let me because for day 1 the vaccine requirement was not in effect. It got in effect on the 14th of November. It’s just amazing what’s going on 🤯

What day was your drug test ?

When did you submit your accomodation request ?

I don't understand how are people supposed to take the drug test on Day 1 if they only give you like 2 days notice,

and if you are requesting an accommodation to the vaccine it looks like it will take some weeks until they approve/deny,

but then they will pull you and won't let you take the drug test until your accomodation is resolved