Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

3 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Okay. Its the physiology question that have me wondering how I did. Does the physiology test has a score # or % passed? 

If you're referring to the BOSS, it's a pass/fail. Therefore, if I had to take an educated guess, if you got at least 54 of them correct, 54 divided by 75 equals 0.72, which is 72%, and I know for the civil service exams, you need a 70% or higher to pass. Therefore, if you got 5 wrong on the BOSS, 8 wrong, 10 wrong, in the long run, it does not make a difference.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

If you're referring to the BOSS, it's a pass/fail. Therefore, if I had to take an educated guess, if you got at least 54 of them correct, 54 divided by 75 equals 0.72, which is 72%, and I know for the civil service exams, you need a 70% or higher to pass. Therefore, if you got 5 wrong on the BOSS, 8 wrong, 10 wrong, in the long run, it does not make a difference.

Hi Young, Is your final result is base solely on the BOSS(physiology) result? For example,  if someone score a 100% but scored a 72% on the BOSS then that 72% will assign you a list #?

1 hour ago, sisslims29 said:

Hi Young, Is your final result is base solely on the BOSS(physiology) result? For example,  if someone score a 100% but scored a 72% on the BOSS then that 72% will assign you a list #?

No. Your final result is from the 60-multiple choice questions which were the first part of Exam 9618. The second part, the BOSS, is a pass/fail, as I already described.

How about if you took a BOSS exam for lets say exam no. 7612 and you passed that one. And lets fast forward to this exam no, 9618 if you took BOSS for this exam and you failed the boss for 9618.....which one counts? Exam no.7612 or 9618?

6 hours ago, train1290 said:

How about if you took a BOSS exam for lets say exam no. 7612 and you passed that one. And lets fast forward to this exam no, 9618 if you took BOSS for this exam and you failed the boss for 9618.....which one counts? Exam no.7612 or 9618?

Both count. The reason why is because, if you look at the Notice of Examination for 7612, that exam was administered in October of 2017, and the results from the BOSS are only valid for one [1] calendar year. Therefore, if you passed the BOSS for 7612, but failed the BOSS for 9618, you're out of luck with 9618.

Sorry...

On 6/14/2019 at 7:13 PM, train1290 said:

Ok,  how about if you failed the BOSS for exam 7612 but passed it for exam no. 

If you pass Boss for 9618 then that's the exam they will recognize and call for you. They cannot use Boss 9618 pass for your 7612 fail that was administered last year. 

Edited by sisslims29

5 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

They cannot use Boss 9618 pass for your 7612 fail that was administered last year. 

To be "technical," if you look at the Notices of Examination for both 7612 and 9618, exam 7612 was given in October of 2017, and exam 9618 was given in June of 2019. And since the results from the BOSS exam are valid for one calendar year, and nothing more, you are out of luck.

Sorry...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 1:39 PM, +Young+ said:

Folks: Please note the amended Notice of Examination for this exam. The URL link in the "announcement" on the top of the page has been modified as well.

Thank you...

What do you mean "amended"? The notice of examination for exam 7612 and 9618 look the same word for word. If not, whats the difference?

Yeah exactly. I don't recall the wording being any different.

11 minutes ago, train1290 said:

What do you mean "amended"? The notice of examination for exam 7612 and 9618 look the same word for word. If not, whats the difference?

9 hours ago, train1290 said:

If you look at the old and new Notices of Examination for this particular exam, they forgot to include the sentence which states "Your Commercial Driver License (CDL) or motor vehicle driver license, or any combination thereof, must have been valid in the State of New York for at least three years immediately prior to the date that you are appointed to this position."

8 hours ago, Dorrell Love said:

Did anyone get an email on this exam 9618 recently about amendment on the exam?

I got an email in regards to this yesterday afternoon.

16 hours ago, +Young+ said:

If you look at the old and new Notices of Examination for this particular exam, they forgot to include the sentence which states "Your Commercial Driver License (CDL) or motor vehicle driver license, or any combination thereof, must have been valid in the State of New York for at least three years immediately prior to the date that you are appointed to this position."

I got an email in regards to this yesterday afternoon.

I also too got the email.

I received a letter saying that all applicants must have their license for at least 3 years to be considered for the position. It also stated that this exam list is not expected to be established for 1 year.. that's basically telling me not to hold my breath to be called for this position 

Edited by Felcel

10 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Answer Key is up early, self marked myself and got only 2 wrong from the memory portion. Good luck to all.

As @dman1455 said, the answer key is available on this page. As far as how I did, I got one wrong with the memory portion, however I got 5 other questions incorrect, for a total of six incorrect questions, with a proposed result of 90% (54 divided by 60 equals 0.90, and move the decimal place two places to the right).

As of now, I still plan on going to the Protest Review session on July 23rd to see how I can increase my proposed score. As they say, "You never know until you try!"

5 hours ago, Felcel said:

Is there any other way to find out my score besides the self check?? Are more points deducted if you get memory question wrong?

Until the official results get published when they establish the list, no. The questions are all equally worth the same amount of points.