Judge to 14th St Busway opposition: ‘You’ll Live’

Deucey

2 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Basically, the opposition follows Robert Moses' world view, in which cities exist only to be conduits for (suburban) traffic. 

Cities weren’t made for the traffic we have today, especially cities like NYC. All this traffic is bottle necked and it needs to be addressed. Even with freight train travel being obsolete in urban cities made traffic worse.  

3 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

That extra service started in 2012. It is now 2019. They didn't pull a SIM2 and cut it after a few months. Also only the extra Sunday S78 service was cut. The early-morning S59 service and extra Saturday S78 service was kept

Did the S78 operate every 30 minutes on weekends before the S79 SBS?

6 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Did the S78 operate every 30 minutes on weekends before the S79 SBS?

http://web.archive.org/web/20110627052536/http://www.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/staten/s078cur.pdf

During the daytime, it did south of Richmond Avenue. North of it, it ran every 15 minutes on both Saturday and Sunday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now regarding 14th Street, now that this has been sorted out, I wonder, have the current runtimes from the start of the pick been designed to account for the reduction in traffic, or have they been designed with respect to existing conditions? Both routes are relatively frequent, but this may be a bit of a problem on the branches at certain hours of the day.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

4 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

The ufa also mentioned redesigns

The union, respectfully, is not the authority on this. They have their own political interests. The FDNY itself can be trusted, and they've said it's a matter of congestion relating to higher numbers of cars on the street.

11 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

The ufa also mentioned redesigns 

All emergency vehicles already have absolute right-of-way on all streets when responding to emergencies, including the right to ignore mandatory turns, cross the double yellow line, and operate the wrong way on one-way streets. What more do they want?

2 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

The union, respectfully, is not the authority on this. They have their own political interests. The FDNY itself can be trusted, and they've said it's a matter of congestion relating to higher numbers of cars on the street.

Well the guy speaking is someone out in the field and sees all the changes etc so what else do you want  

I also want to ask a question how many months are they behind on this busway project

Edited by BreeddekalbL

32 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Well the guy speaking is someone out in the field and sees all the changes etc so what else do you want  

Actual data would probably be a start. Lots of people in the field in any industry have ideas about what would make their job better. That doesn't mean that they're good ideas.

Take the average worker in a field and then realize that 50% of the field is worse than that. You don't have to be good at your job to be leader of a union, the venn diagram of "union leader responsibilities" and a job description is pretty much just two separate circles.

8 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

http://web.archive.org/web/20110627052536/http://www.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/staten/s078cur.pdf

During the daytime, it did south of Richmond Avenue. North of it, it ran every 15 minutes on both Saturday and Sunday.

Not at the span it did afterwards. The last short-turn to Richmond Avenue on Saturdays left at 5:15pm instead of 9:45pm for example

On 9/28/2019 at 6:42 PM, bobtehpanda said:

Actual data would probably be a start. Lots of people in the field in any industry have ideas about what would make their job better. That doesn't mean that they're good ideas.

Take the average worker in a field and then realize that 50% of the field is worse than that. You don't have to be good at your job to be leader of a union, the venn diagram of "union leader responsibilities" and a job description is pretty much just two separate circles.

Lol.... Yep..... And worse, the lack of an overlap on a Venn diagram of managers & front line workers isn't that far behind....

Before I entered the workforce, I used to think that managers were these veteran front line workers that eventually got promoted to a managerial level (basically, of that of a meritocracy).... Holy shit, was I ever wrong !

I get the train of thought that says "just because you're an excellent 'ball player, doesn't mean you'll be a good coach or GM, but still, it's truly amazing how much bad management there is at a lot of these companies.....

42 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

I used to like to watch the traffic cams online, but since the site revamp some time ago, they temporarily took the feature away (either that, or they made it hard as hell to find)... So I eventually lost interest.....

In any case, good looking out on this.