Judge to 14th St Busway opposition: ‘You’ll Live’

Deucey

2 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

The legal standard the people suing are trying to meet is almost impossible to prove (and totally inapplicable here), so once this appeal gets sorted, it should be back on. They're stalling, but they're not winning.

At this rate it wont launch until next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/10/2019 at 10:19 AM, Lawrence St said:

Clearly their whining is winning.

It's not just about whining and NIMBYism. Their lawyer is Arthur Schwartz, who also "just happens to" represent TWU Local 100, which "just happens to" have a vested financial interest in stopping new ones (faster buses = less running time = less pay for bus operators).

16 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

It's not just about whining and NIMBYism. Their lawyer is Arthur Schwartz, who also "just happens to" represent TWU Local 100, which "just happens to" have a vested financial interest in stopping new ones (faster buses = less running time = less pay for bus operators).

To tell you the truth, I don't think this has anything to do with Local 100. Schwartz has been doing this for his own self-interest, which is why he keeps tying in the bike lanes in and around his block as well. Luckily, he's lost again. It's a purely selfish effort.

41 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

To tell you the truth, I don't think this has anything to do with Local 100. Schwartz has been doing this for his own self-interest, which is why he keeps tying in the bike lanes in and around his block as well. Luckily, he's lost again. It's a purely selfish effort.

I must disagree. That might have made sense for 14th Street (he lives on West 12th), but he recently tried the same thing on Fresh Pond Road, which has lots of buses but is nowhere near his home. 

1 hour ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Faster buses = more ridership = more runs for bus drivers . Just look at the S79

22 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

I must disagree. That might have made sense for 14th Street (he lives on West 12th), but he recently tried the same thing on Fresh Pond Road, which has lots of buses but is nowhere near his home. 

On the contrary, I think that was to make it look like less of a selfishly-motivated campaign. At least he can pretend to be consistent! It isn't a black-and-white issue for the TWU, and I doubt they would lead such a quiet campaign that way.

30 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Maybe long term, but not in the immediate short-term.

That is literally how they implemented the S79 SBS. They took the savings from the shorter runtimes and ran more frequent service and as a matter of fact they added some trips to the S59 and S78 to accommodate local passengers. As a matter of fact they also did that with the Bx41. You need to get your facts straight. Sometimes people make decisions that are just plain stupid.

3 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

That is literally how they implemented the S79 SBS. They took the savings from the shorter runtimes and ran more frequent service and as a matter of fact they added some trips to the S59 and S78 to accommodate local passengers. As a matter of fact they also did that with the Bx41. You need to get your facts straight. Sometimes people make decisions that are just plain stupid.

And then they cut the service. The S59 and S78 on Sundays run every 30 minutes now, with the S78 still bunching. People shifted from the local to the "SBS" and the local passengers suffer.

Talking about the S79, they need to add some trips that just run in SI on weekdays, Try taking the S79 north of Dorp going SB in the AM and NB in the Afternoon. All of the S79s skip the stops because all of the Brooklyn Riders fill up the buses to the rim, forcing SI riders to take the S78 or wait a very long time for a S79 that has room.

5 hours ago, Lex said:

Because we need the buses on a major (high-traffic) corridor to get moving?

Because I don't buy what they are cooking, didn't a recent study say in spite of the mayor jabroni's efforts bus speeds are still down?

4 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Please tell me you're joking... Better bus service on a major corridor is a travesty?!

Nope I'm serious,  cause I know the vision of transitalt is a disaster and a travesty , hell even the UFA fdny union says that these traffic changes are bad 

Edited by BreeddekalbL

12 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

And then they cut the service. The S59 and S78 on Sundays run every 30 minutes now, with the S78 still bunching. People shifted from the local to the "SBS" and the local passengers suffer.

Talking about the S79, they need to add some trips that just run in SI on weekdays, Try taking the S79 north of Dorp going SB in the AM and NB in the Afternoon. All of the S79s skip the stops because all of the Brooklyn Riders fill up the buses to the rim, forcing SI riders to take the S78 or wait a very long time for a S79 that has room.

That extra service started in 2012. It is now 2019. They didn't pull a SIM2 and cut it after a few months. Also only the extra Sunday S78 service was cut. The early-morning S59 service and extra Saturday S78 service was kept

10 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Because I don't buy what they are cooking, didn't a recent study say in spite of the mayor jabroni's efforts bus speeds are still down?

Nope I'm serious,  cause I know the vision of transitalt is a disaster and a travesty , hell even the UFA fdny union says that these traffic changes are bad 

I'm not understanding your argument here..... You think the plan in & of itself is some disastrous travesty because you don't buy what's being cooked.... and that some union that has squat to do with public transit disagrees with the plan??

Help me out, Howard......

Edited by B35 via Church

FDNY itself said slower response times are because of increased vehicular traffic (Uber, Lyft), not traffic redesigns.

3 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

Traffic slows down buses, cars, trucks, and buses that compete for the same space slows down traffic. How can any of you want better bus service but yet complain when they do a major change to our streets to ensure that? 

Basically, the opposition follows Robert Moses' world view, in which cities exist only to be conduits for (suburban) traffic. 

And what exactly is your genius plan? Sit on your hands and whine?