MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.6aac599eb81094ba092b53cca1e33406.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 1100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1680's) - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

3 hours ago, Kennedy said:

I know of another person close family friend who took 1100 and also got called along with myself.  I also know of a co-worker who took 1100 and was not called yet.  Guess it depends on your scores too.  Some people did 1100 and already started training 11/7.  Believe it or not.

This is true lol

Edited by N3Gro

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I'm sorry but I find that very hard to believe. Unless you were rescheduled from an earlier exam, it's simply impossible for you to be this far ahead in the process when it's not even a month yet. 

Previous exam I took was 9309.  They didn’t called me until after few day of calling me for 1100.  So of course I grab 1000 it’s OA.  And I rejected 9309 which is MTA.  This is no joke.  At least lots of people have hope to be called soon that took 1100 and can be prepared 

10 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Previous exam I took was 9309.  They didn’t called me until after few day of calling me for 1100.  So of course I grab 1000 it’s OA.  And I rejected 9309 which is MTA.  This is no joke.  At least lots of people have hope to be called soon that took 1100 and can be prepared 

Grab 1100.  Sorry for the error 

56 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Had to take another urin test/drug test.  Because I took the first one 10/29 and the next class is 12/05.  They say the 1st one is no good after 30 days.

Yeah; same . They emailed me today about coming in on 11/18 for final processing. I had did the second urin test / drug when I found out I was wasn't getting in class that day. You live in Brooklyn ?

1 hour ago, King spade said:

Yeah; same . They emailed me today about coming in on 11/18 for final processing. I had did the second urin test / drug when I found out I was wasn't getting in class that day. You live in Brooklyn ?

Ok great.  Yes I live in East NY.  That’s means you getting into 12/05 class too.  And is this for 1100?

21 minutes ago, King spade said:

Yeah it's for 1100. I need a study buddy for pre- inspection. What's your digits or social media where we can exchange number.

My sisters say if you have the CDL it’s not of pre-trip to do.  For the people who don’t have theirs have to do everything.  But we have to do the 5 points test.  I think they call it alsap, something like that.  

8 hours ago, JerseyNative said:

Does anyone know the time frame in which a former employee can reapply or be rehired?  I took the test on 10/9 and took the drug test on 10/29 and I have not heard anything since.  I was employed with TA from 4/18-9/19.  

It depends. You didn’t mention why you are a former employee. 

55 minutes ago, King spade said:

Lmao I feel you . Wait so if we have our CDL class C and A permit -we don't have to do the pre- trip inspection for the Bus for the Class B license with DMV . 

Yes you do.  Everyone have to.  But for those with class B license we have to do the alsap and driving.  For the permit holders they have to do everything for DMV road test

16 hours ago, lornaevo said:

It depends. You didn’t mention why you are a former employee. 

I was let go, because I had 2 bad check rides.  Both of the observations noted that I didn't properly strap in a wheelchair.  I was withTA at the time and I did the drug test for OA on 10/29 and I have not heard from MTA since.  They knew that I was a former employee, because my BSC number was on the attendance sheet next to my name.

6 minutes ago, JerseyNative said:

I was let go, because I had 2 bad check rides.  Both of the observations noted that I didn't properly strap in a wheelchair.  I was withTA at the time and I did the drug test for OA on 10/29 and I have not heard from MTA since.  They knew that I was a former employee, because my BSC number was on the attendance sheet next to my name.

IIRC if your let go, they will never rehire you.

45 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

IIRC if your let go, they will never rehire you.

They rehire people all the time...one guy who was let go, went onto become a dispatcher.  All of my former co-workers were telling me to reapply.  One of the Union reps told me over a year ago to reapply.  I just want a definitive timeframe.

On 11/15/2021 at 7:40 AM, JerseyNative said:

Does anyone know the time frame in which a former employee can reapply or be rehired?  I took the test on 10/9 and took the drug test on 10/29 and I have not heard anything since.  I was employed with TA from 4/18-9/19.  

If you was past Probation, how did they let you go so easily without the Union fighting for you? I would think 2 failed check rides after probation would just mean a Write up.