Incorrect destination signs

Q43LTD

30 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I don't have a problem with it saying it goes to the Woodhaven Boulevard station, since the two northern station entrances are at most about a block away from the bus stop.

It's one thing if it erroneously stated it serves a certain road, but when it comes to stuff such as landmarks or other notable places, I don't have a problem with some leeway given.  Also, I believe that not mentioning that in the destination sign would hurt it. I do agree with having a "via Horace Harding Expwy" scroll or something similar. 

So the Q11, 21, 52 and 88 (and short turn Q29's) can say Elmhurst Queens Center Mall for consistency purposes 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

So the Q11, 21, 52 and 88 (and short turn Q29's) can say Elmhurst Queens Center Mall for consistency purposes 

I wouldn't be opposed to posting Queens Center Mall on NB buses, but since the Q29 short turn is used for AM peak service (when the mall is not open), it seems kinda pointless for that route IMO. 

On 5/22/2021 at 12:00 PM, Q43LTD said:

Then there's the Bx13 that says River Av-149 St, the Q88 originally said Rego Park Queens Blvd and the Q69 saying Jackson Hts when it really ends in East Elmhurst

Some will say it's petty, but the NB Q69 destination sign reading I always had a problem with.... It never runs south of Astoria Blvd (which would be as in Jackson Hgts.); it straddles along the north side of the street, which is E. Elmhurst....

side note: funny thing about LGA (and JFK for the matter) is that you wont get much of anyone referencing what neighborhoods they're in...

On 5/22/2021 at 3:51 PM, Q43LTD said:

It's a corner destination. Maybe it could say Bronx Terminal Market...

IYO, what's the problem with intersection destination sign readings?

On 6/15/2021 at 6:42 PM, Q43LTD said:

So the Q88 should say, Elmhurst Queens Center Mall via Harding IMO. Since it never reaches Woodhaven Blvd (M)(R) 

I wouldn't have it reading via anything..... The proposed QT12 OTOH, sure....

On 6/15/2021 at 9:30 PM, Q43LTD said:

Agreed.... and on top of it, I still think the subway bullets (like that displayed on the Q70) should be a citywide thing on the buses, not just limited to that one route....

If I knew how to create those destination sign GIF's, I would do one for the WB short turn B35..... I abhor it just saying "MCDONALD" in that first frame 🤦🏽‍♂️ (before that, it used to read "MDONALD").... I think it'd be dope if the real signage were to read "MCDONALD (F)" (bullet color included), or something along those lines....

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

IYO, what's the problem with intersection destination sign readings?

Personally, I feel it's lazy. It's the same with the destination sign only reading the neighborhood. Looking at the Bronx and Staten Island. 

44 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

Personally, I feel it's lazy. It's the same with the destination sign only reading the neighborhood. Looking at the Bronx and Staten Island. 

Any destination signage that only shows one street (like the short turn B12 reading New York av, for example) to me is quote-unquote lazy..... I personally don't take issue with signage's that display an intersection... Matter fact, I prefer it in most cases (most cases, as in, otherwise where a bus route doesn't terminate at a major single attraction like a mall, a park, major bus terminal (like WBP or Fordham Plaza for example), you get the idea)....

The only showing the neighborhood bit is more of a suburban thing & I get why it's done (on suburban routes)... It doesn't bother me near as much because I already know where the routes go... But if I was a casual that didn't know where the routes go, then yeah, I wouldn't be all that fond of 'em...

side note/question: What route in the Bronx only shows the neighborhood?

4 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Any destination signage that only shows one street (like the short turn B12 reading New York av, for example) to me is quote-unquote lazy..... I personally don't take issue with signage's that display an intersection... Matter fact, I prefer it in most cases (most cases, as in, otherwise where a bus route doesn't terminate at a major single attraction like a mall, a park, major bus terminal (like WBP or Fordham Plaza for example), you get the idea)....

The only showing the neighborhood bit is more of a suburban thing & I get why it's done (on suburban routes)... It doesn't bother me near as much because I already know where the routes go... But if I was a casual that didn't know where the routes go, then yeah, I wouldn't be all that fond of 'em...

side note/question: What route in the Bronx only shows the neighborhood?

The Bx5 says Pelham Bay, the Bx9 says West Farms, the old Bx14 said Country Club, the Bx19 said Botanical Garden back in the day, now it says Bronx Park and the Bx27 and 39 say Clason Point

A while ago, the M101 changed the signage to be East Village/3rd Avenue - 6th Street. The actually last stop is St. Marks Place/Astor Place and 3rd Avenue, 6th Street is where the buses turn at. Honestly, I think they should either have it as East Village - St. Marks Place, Astor Place, or 8th Street. It's just annoying and it doesn't really mean much but still.

17 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

So M101 East Village Astor Pl via Amsterdam/Lexington and M102 East Village Astor Pl via Lenox/Lexington. The M103 short turn can read Astor Pl or Cooper Square

If the 103 short turns it can just read Astor Pl like the other two busses, though I don’t really see that short turns much. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m gonna take you back to the 80s where RTS EXPRESS buses read boroughs instead of Neighborhood sections. 
X28- Brooklyn/Crospey Ave. shouldnt it read: 49th St & Crospey Ave along with the boro name or now a days: Bensonhurst? 

X11/13- Staten Island/Arthur Kill Rd. Both routes read the same on the RTS, but on Blitz fishbowls, it’s slightly different. 
Same with X13 from downtown that read “Tysens Lane/First Stop.” Only the RTS buses reads that. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, SubBus said:

The lollipop signs for the B20 still says East New York instead of Spring Creek...

As of last year, I saw one of the lollipop signs for the B12 that actually read City Line... Smfh.... The thing hasn't terminated out there in over a decade... It was the EB stop at Rockaway av..... I mean, every so often, bus stops get shifted & put back to their normal spots due to temporary construction regulations & what not, but at least put back up the right ones... It's not the first time I came across wrong signage at a given bus stop that was put back up after construction was completed either....

Aside from that, I personally, IDC for the fact that the EB ones read Cypress Hills....

Edited by B35 via Church

On 8/19/2021 at 5:09 AM, Q43LTD said:

I would have added Soho to that, but hey

What do you think about the Bx18 signage? (now that the "terminal" has been changed on that "end" of the route, it just says "River Park Towers" in a smaller font size)

Would you have it say Morris Heights? Matter fact, would you have the Bx18, 40, and the 42 all read the same thing?