Vaccine Bus

SubBus

Well, the Q98V/B98V era (lol) has come to an end.

I know that this isn't the biggest factor here, but to me, it's off-putting that the B/Os asked in an interrogative fashion as to where I'm going, and that the bus is going to the vaccine center. This happened both times I got on the Q98V. The second time the B/O almost skipped the stop (I had to wave it down).

Now in the first instance, dude didn't intially mean harm, but he asked about when my vaccine appointment was and all of that (in order to make the bus going back). However he started questioning (the time) because the place looked empty. If people have to go through that, I'm pretty sure at least a few would probably consider getting around some other way. 

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I know that this isn't the biggest factor here, but to me, it's off-putting that the B/Os asked in an interrogative fashion as to where I'm going, and that the bus is going to the vaccine center. This happened both times I got on the Q98V. The second time the B/O almost skipped the stop (I had to wave it down).

Now in the first instance, dude didn't intially mean harm, but he asked about when my vaccine appointment was and all of that (in order to make the bus going back). However he started questioning (the time) because the place looked empty. If people have to go through that, I'm pretty sure at least a few would probably consider getting around some other way. 

Don't miss either of those routes one bit, and you're not the only person that I heard/read about that was interrogated upon attempting to patronize them.

The B3k & the B91/92 OTOH.....

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

21 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Don't miss either of those routes one bit, and you're not the only person that I heard/read about that was interrogated upon attempting to patronize them.

The B3k & the B91/92 OTOH.....

That is disgusting. I would've reported them for that. Totally unprofessional. It's none of his f-ing business, period. As long as the person paid, that's all that matters. Just lazy and didn't want to have to drive, that's all. @BM5 via Woodhaven I'm curious what your response was when they asked you this?

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

11 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

That is disgusting. I would've reported them for that. Totally unprofessional. It's none of his f-ing business, period. As long as the person paid, that's all that matters. Just lazy and didn't want to have to drive, that's all. @BM5 via Woodhaven I'm curious what your response was when they asked you this?

First instant, dude literally opened up the protective shield to simulate that it was to get the vaccine shot, after I said I was going to York College. I simply replied "yeah, I know", and paid. When I was asked about the appointment time, I gave a time, and I just doubled down on it after being asked if I was sure. More or less, I said that it was the time I chose, and that I'll figure everything out. Was trying to keep the interactions to a minimum. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

2 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

First instant, dude literally opened up the protective shield to simulate that it was to get the vaccine shot, after I said I was going to York College. I simply replied "yeah, I know", and paid. When I was asked about the appointment time, I gave a time, and I just doubled down on it after being asked if I was sure. More or less, I said that it was the time I chose, and that I'll figure everything out. Was trying to keep the interactions to a minimum. 

Ridiculous to go through such aggravation for a service you're paying for. I wouldn't have said anything. I would've paid and sat down.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

8 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I would have been livid... An appointment time of anything medical related especially, is none of his f***ing business.

On 4/29/2021 at 9:59 PM, FamousNYLover said:

When I took B98V bus first time, supervisior at Pink House stop said, housing complex wasn't inform about bus. 

I knew this was the case. Every time I saw the Q98V in person or in a video on YouTube those buses were always empty.  

2 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Apparently, Cuomo ordered the MTA to run the bus, but didn't say to tell anyone about it.

The MTA did some advertising on buses but I feel most of the general public pays those announcements no mind anyways.

The information about the vaccine buses should have been put on the news and social media like they do with everything else. Of course now the finger gets pointed at the other as to why this route failed. 

2 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

The MTA did some advertising on buses but I feel most of the general public pays those announcements no mind anyway

The thing about that is there was rarely any advertising before service started and by the time it was actually showed off properly it was weeks after service began. You let people know about things at least weeks in advance in order for things to succeed and of course the MTA knew that. Difference here is they know they can get away with it because not many people really care about a vaccine bus to the point there was enough demand for communities to fight back if the service was discontinued.

• 4 weeks later...

So apparently there was an actual public timetable for both of these routes, but there was zero links to them anywhere where they were mentioned on the MTA website (they just said to use TripPlanner if anything). I managed to find the Q98V one after a random google search a while ago, and then I basically found the B98V by tinkering with the link address.

B98V Timetable

Q98V Tmetable

5 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

So apparently there was an actual public timetable for both of these routes, but there was zero links to them anywhere where they were mentioned on the MTA website (they just said to use TripPlanner if anything). I managed to find the Q98V one after a random google search a while ago, and then I basically found the B98V by tinkering with the link address.

B98V Timetable

Q98V Tmetable

That's exactly how I found it (via google search) about a month ago... Being that they're now discontinued, I wanted to have a copy of the two timetables saved as a keepsake.... There's always the wayback machine, but with their increased pleading for donations, IDK how long it's going to be around anymore, so I'm not taking any chances....

8 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I find it quite odd how the Q98V didn't make a lot of stops yet it wasn't classified as a limited.

That Q98V was a disaster from the jump. It skipped quite a few hotspots that would help the line garner ridership.

On 5/25/2021 at 2:32 PM, Cait Sith said:

That Q98V was a disaster from the jump. It skipped quite a few hotspots that would help the line garner ridership.

I mean lately the MTA has been trotting out things for appeasement but f**king up the results so they don't actually have to do anything. See: Rockaway Beach Branch reactivation allegedly costing $8B.